Taking apart Blitzwing G1

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by derbyhat7, Sep 14, 2009.

1. derbyhat7

derbyhat7 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I am thinking about buying a KO of blitzwing and painting it to match the original colors. How easy is it to take apart blitzwing? Im pretty sure there is a pin to allow the cockpit of the jet to fold out and in, Im afraid it might not be easy or possible to remove the cockpit from the body without breaking it. Does anyone have any experience with taking apart blitz and is there anything else I should be aware of?

2. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

Just take the screw out of his nosecone and you'll be fine.

3. derbyhat7

derbyhat7 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Anything else I should be concerned about, I dont have the toy yet. Any other enlightment of obstacles set forth.

4. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Well, the cockpit is made up of two parts with a small bar around which the whole thing rotates sandwiched in between, as I recall. So, like Blitzwing256 said about his namesake, just make sure to remove the screw first.

As someone who's frankensteined a few together over the past year, I'd say Blitzwing is a pain because he has a lot of screws and small pieces if you fully disassemble him (like the wheels and missile launcher buttons) that can get easily lost. Also, slipping the joints his arms rotate around back into place is a bitch.

You sure you don't just want to buy an original instead? They're really not that expensive as far as vintage Transformers go...

5. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

The only thing I had issues with on BW is making sure that the bar holding his turret in place is aligned correctly (widthwise, not lengthwise) so that it doesn't fall off during transformation.

6. Mr. Ginrai

Mr. Ginrai Godmaster

You need to pay attention to the legs, they have tiny springs inside them. We had a very beat up Blitzwing that we got at a yard sale - he wouldn't stand well, etc. so I decided to take him apart to see what I could do to help him out. Kind of worked. As long as your figure is not having problems before you start your custom, you should be good.