Taking action against shelf warmers.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

That's why you ask for assistance. Empty pegs do not look good to management. Yes, the computers will say that there should be some on the shelves, but n empty peg says check the stockroom, not hunt down a customer who may be buying 10 transformers. Targets computer only updates once a day (every morning before they open ).

It's not a perfect solution by any means, but something has to be done if we want stores to keep stock revolving.

2. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    First off, this is incredibly rude to the one store and it's customers.
    Second off, the stores will catch on to your shameless abuse of the return policy.

3. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    As an actual store manager, I may get stock from the back to refill empty pegs IF a customer asked, but finding that stock had just disappeared... I'd investigate it, not just order more stock. The store would be searched, staff would be questioned and the items would be monitored has an high risk item for theft. It would be moved to a more visible part of the store for staff and security to see and customers browsing those items would be scrutinised closely.

What the computer says may only update once a day, but you will have a cash register controller on premises which can cycle through every transaction made on that day. Basically a backup of every reciept that the customer takes. Often this will have a search function on it to check by product line. I can check at any point whether a product has sold if I want to put the effort into it.

Also if I found someone hiding stock in my store they would be removed from the premises and possibly banned.

Hiding stock will not cause a store to order more stock unless it's not found after (an often quarterly) stocktake. Only after that process, and any investigaton into suspicious quantities of missing stock (i.e. all the missing transformers) would that cost be written off. At that point we would decide IF we were going to continue to stock that product line, and in this situation probably at a reduced capacity.

4. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Honestly, the best action is to buy them and donate them to children's charity drives like Toys for Tots, etc. That's what I thought this thread was going to be about before I clicked on it.

I am disappointed in you all. :( 

5. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    pretty much this.

I don't get into the "moral aspects" of toy collecting, and if or why returning to another store should be considered "wrong". The most a store can do if you try something like this is say "NO", so really the ball is in their court to make the final call if they'll accept the item or not.

Anyway, firehawc makes the most sense to me of why you really shouldn't do this. It sets a false impression that shitty toys are selling. Just leave them on the shelf and let the stores deal with the clearancing/discounting/removal of said toy. Don't give false positives that crap is selling.

6. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A guy who gets it - I love it.

7. ex dtw2003

News Credits:
    It's a completely temporary solution.

It "might" work in that a stockperson will look for a box in teh back to fill the pegs but if there isn't one there he can't order more because that is computer automated. Then they will prolly find them and put them back on the shelf until tehy do sell.

8. ex dtw2003

News Credits:
    Except you are telling Habro their case ratios are super-awesome-please-sir-give-me-some-more.

Buy what you like and what you think others will like and Hasbro WILL get the message at some point. Either that, or you really are out of touch with what the masses want.

9. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I could get behind this around Christmas time. I personally brought a ton of clearance toys and donated them all to Goodwill in the past. Buying/returning for the sake of new stock seems kinda... I dunno...

WRONG

Just buy them online! Sheeze, with all the gas/effort/time, you'd be better off

10. ex dtw2003

News Credits:
    If you're buying clearance, that's one thing. Te message should've already gotten through to corporate and therefore Hasbro.

But buying to donate at full retail send a false positive that Hasbro is getting it right.

Again, yes, do buy and donate, but buy what you think you or others would want. That way Hasbro can get the message.

11. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yup. it's a good deed and kids love it around xmas time but it's another case where you are giving a false positive that their case packs are A-OK!

12. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^^

Maybe it's just me but I feel like the case ratio thing is never going to change lol. Haven't we been complaining about this since the beginning of time? I remember complaining about G1 Twin Twist and that other jerk as a child all the time to my mom lol.

Just buy online:2c: 

13. Kakashi

Kakashi Well-Known Member

Sadly, the terrible case ratios in Prime have caused me to pretty much quit collecting the line. Though I admit, if I was desperate enough and had the cash, I would TOTALLY do this. Just find a wal-mart to spam dump the swarm at and boom, new toys. :) 

14. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Yeah but Hasbro doesn't see it. The store sees it as "We bought 10 cases of this product and it sat on the shelves for 6 months until we put it on clearance. Next time we will order less product because it doesn't sell." Hasbro has no idea what specifically sells and what doesn't inside of the case.

15. ex dtw2003

News Credits:
    This is a multi-million dollar line and you think Hasbro isn't studying the marketing or sales data?

16. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    The solution? Burn the fucking store down, while beating the manager to stock new toys or you'll blow up their family.

17. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Isn't there some way we can just make Bumblebee illegal?

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    If i could, i'd set up a portal and send them to the bottom of the abyss.

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    It would be better to just donate the damn figures to Toys for Tots or the Salvation Army or something. That way, the figures can actually GO to kids who will enjoy them who do not already have Bumblebees.

20. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    From what I've read over the years, they don't have anywhere near granular enough data to make any meaningful conclusions. They know what assortments sell, not what figures, and, even if they did, the ******ed we-cant-do-another-run-of-anything-ever methodology would make the data pointless.