Taking action against shelf warmers.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ever have a local store that refuses to stock new transformers? Just mountains of Bumblebee, Mudflap, SKids, or whoever is the flavor of the week from Hasbro. Try this.

I started buying the selfwarmers from ONE STORE, several a day, then returned them to ANOTHER store. The other store became clogged, while the first store had to open another case of new figures!

2. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    But, what if the stores, take that as a sign to get MORE twins and Bee's. You'd be making it worse :) 

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Ballsy. More effort than I would put into it, but I applaud your industry. :) 

zmog

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I guess you could tell the store you're returning it to, "The kid I bought this for already had this BUMBLEBEE. Do you have anything other than Bumbelbee? No? Then I want my money back."

5. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I would love to do that.
    But until just last week, the only TFs on the pegs were one Wheeljack, and one Cliffjumper.
    Nothing but those 2 TFs for 3 months -3-

I just got a legion of Bumblebees, but I don't think my store will restock until the pegs are literally empty ;_;

6. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

...where the hell are you shopping that you're still finding Twins on the shelves?

PROTIP: Odds are that if they're still stocking the Twins, you're not gonna get any new stock for a while.

7. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    lol the things people do.

8. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I don't have any Bees at my Walmart, not deluxes anyway. Just two lonely Ratchets.

Apparently ordering deluxes is a lost art for my Wal Mart.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    The store you're returning them to will probably just ring up the other store you bought them from and ask them if they need any Bumblebees, Mudflaps and Skids. And the other store will say 'Yes please! We keep selling all of ours so send yours right over!'. And then all you'll be doing is taking part in a never-ending cycle of buy and return with the same few figures.

10. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Grab them and kick them under the shelf! That's how I solve it.

11. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I haven't seen Skids and Mudflap in a good while. Any DOTM left overs I've seen (not that many left around me) have been Bumblebees and the occasional Ratchet and Sideswipe. ROTF stuff is long gone.

12. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

That's nothing. In the Alabama siightings thrread, a fellow Bama collector posted a couple weeks ago that he went to his local WM and saw that some assclown had taken a hammer to all the deluxe Prime BB's and Hot Shot's. I think he said it was like 10 figs total. Now that's ballsy. Incredibly assinine to go into the store and destroy $120+ worth of merchandise. But ballsy nonetheless.

13. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

I think he was just using them as an example.

14. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've heard of people thinking about doing this but I feel like you're the first one to actually take action. Sounds like it works though. Did you at least benefit from the store opening the new case?

15. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

:lol  :thumb 

zmog

16. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    But that doesn't solve anything: a majority of stores are handled by a computer inventory system, which if a toy isn't sold, it is still counted to the on hand total.

This is similar to an issue seen by GI Joe collectors last year: stores weren't ordering much, and what was present was "old", so this idea (or similar, buying toys from one store and return them to a store which didn't carry the line) was also proposed.

Though, with all the time, energy, and gas spent doing this kind of crap, you could have spent an extra couple bucks and just ordered the stupid toys online!

17. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Back in 2002, MOTU collectors had the same issue with the MOTU relaunch. Due to bad case ratios there was nothing but He-Man and Skeletor clogging the pegs. Some collectors did the admirable thing of buying the figs and donating them to a kids charity. Obviously they took the hit to their wallet, but still it was something to try. Unfortunately it was naught since the line got cancelled.

18. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

What you do: hide the ones that are on the shelf, get customer assistance to see if there's any in the back. They'll pull a case to restock. Bam! You may get what you're looking for, or you may get the infamous bumblebee cases. Eventually the stuff you hid will get restocked, but they will have also moved the harder to find figures out so more could be ordered. I would only do it once per store or they might catch on to your scheme.

19. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    This won't work with stores that only restock when inventory gets low. If the system says they have 10, even though you hid them, there's not going to be another case in the back for them to check.

20. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    The best action is inaction. If you buy things that aren't selling, you're falsely creating a demand. This shows the system that they ARE selling, so the case ratios you hate are actually good and effective.

You're doing more harm than good when you do this. Just be patient, you'll get your toys.