Taking a poll

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by illmatar, Sep 19, 2007.

1. illmatar

illmatar illmatar

Hi,

I'm new to this forum but certainly not to TF fandom. (Translation - I'm OLD. I was a member of the original Survivors and other dusty things like that.) Hopefully this is posted in the right place. Back in the day (wheezing like Kup) I did a full, black and white G1 TF comic called Maelstrom. Did a grand total of 9 issues and had, at my peak, about 100 - 120 (?) subscribers. I ran out of time for a full fledged comic but continued to write.

The story is long (about 4000 pages so far), extremely convoluted, and most of all, graphically violent. It literally gave a few readers nightmares. :) 
    Needless to say it's for grownups.

Here are my questions.

1.) Is anyone interested in something like that?
    2.) Obviously I won't just post stories of that sort on an open forum. Does anyone know of a way to restrict access if I toss together a website? I am a teacher by day (elementary art no less) and crazed writer by night. I would rather do "by request only" than let these stories out of their cage unrestricted. When I had subscribers, I required a signed permission slip for readers who were minors.

Any advise will be welcomed.
    Thanks.

Illmatar

2. deepex

deepex Member

I'm into any sort of TF fiction so I would be interested in seeing what you have written. Sorry cant give any advice on age restrictions though.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Got any samples of the comic? It sounds interesting.

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just put a warning before you post it and you should be ok. Most of us love violence. Now if you will be including nudity that would be a no-go on this site.

5. illmatar

illmatar illmatar

Thanks all.

Unfortunately, I can't post them here. There is nudity, although generally not in love scenes. On of the major threads through this work is a slave trade being run through Cybertron, and there is nudity and abuse associated with that.

The other problem is the books themselves. I began writing the story WAY back. (Precisely the day after The Return of Optimus Prime" first aired. ) I didn't have a computer at the time, so the first 6 issues of Maelstrom are actually based on hand-written stories and have no digital representation. Typing them is more of an undertaking than I have time for right now. We are beginning to scan in preparation for a web site but that will take us a long time too. I'm sort of feeling the waters to see if it's even worth it.

Later stories were done on computer, so I can just send those to people who want to see them, but they won't make any scene at all if you don't see the books.

A friend of mine scanned a few random pages and posted them last week on her space to show me how they look online. Keep in mind you can't see the art as a whole because it wasn't designed for a website. These are scenes from Maelstrom 6.
    http://www.snowcrest.net/koontah/MAL3.htm

Thanks to everyone who replied...and I still am taking a poll. If the answer is NO you are not interested, post that. I'm a big girl and I can take it! Thanks!

If anyone knows a real way to restrict a website PLEASE let me know.