Customs: Taking a break from customizing...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by SG hailstorm, Sep 29, 2012.

1. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

News Credits:
    i'm so freaking stressed from college and trying to find a job its eating at me, i ended up having a severe panic attack the other night and being rushed to the hospital.

I never thought i'd ever say it, but i can't even look at a custom without anger that i cant finish it cause i dont have the parts and lack of feeling like finishing them.

i cant provide when i'll be back but effective midnight tonight i won't be logging back in for quite a while, but i will be back eventually.

Logan.

2. Wikkid

Wikkid Completely retired customizer

That's unfortunate. I can understand how other life issues can take what is an artistic outlet and make it a burden. In time, I believe you will return more motivated than ever. I know this because....

...last year I had to retire for reasons I won't get into but I found I needed to pick it back up in order to relax. I believe you'll find you need this more than you know right now, but you should never force yourself to continue.

Best of luck d00d and we'll keep the lights on for ya.

3. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Yeah man, take a break. EVERYONE feels like quitting once in awhile. Just take a break, and one day you may find the itch to pick it back up again. It isn't a race, and your health is #1.

Good luck with school and finding a job. :thumb 

Randy!

4. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It happens to the best of us, man. Out of roughly 5 years of kitbashing/customizing, I've had maybe 2 separate instances where I lost the urge to do any of it & took a break from it. I came back refreshed & kicked ass, as per usual. ;) 

As Mark (Wikkid) mentioned, just take a break & you'll feel much more motivated & into it when you return. Think of it like anything else in life........sports, videogames, movies/tv......you can't play non-stop, game non-stop, or watch movies/tv non-stop without breaks in between to rest, eat, drink, sleep, & relax. Once you do, you're ready to kick it again & have fun.

Good luck on the job hunt (been there, so I know it's a pain) & everything, man. Just don't be too picky. Money is money & if you need it, consider all options. Just keep in mind, no matter what job you do, it will cut into your kitbashing time a bit regardless. That has also helped energize me again & now I work a little at a time when I can. Don't rush your art & it will slowly take shape & you'll be proud of the entire project, no matter how long it took.

5. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

News Credits:
    Thank you for the words of encouragment guys, i admit i'm gonna miss checkin out everyones stuff but i'll be back soon

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm very sorry to hear about your health issues there. Panic attacks are very scary.

As others have already posted, there is much sympathy and empathy here. Like some of those who have posted, I've had to scale back considerably with my own work for various reasons. One of the things I've found helpful with feelings similar to yours is taking the focus off of myself and my own work and directing it towards others. Whether that's being encouraging or helpful with a good critique or simply viewing others' work and appreciating it for what it is, I have to say that it can be very therapeutic. As much as I like the work of many who post here, I don't have the desire to recreate work hat is similar.

Also the great thing about a hobby and a place that supports it is that it's here for you when you need it, and it's still here for when you need to take a break.

I wish you all of the very best as your take a break :thumb 

7. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    Best wishes friend and we all need breaks for a variety of reasons like mentioned above

And there is nothing wrong with backing off for a bit. And it maybe days weeks even months but the bug to tinker will strike and it will be fun again. In the meantime enjoy your break and I hope things get better for ya