Take on Leaked TF2 Script (Spoilers Inside)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Superion33, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Ok, I can't calm down. I am too excited. Just wanted to hear what other people who read the script's opinions were.

This whole thread I inteded to NOT be spoiler free. So if you don't want to read spoilers, close this thread. Ok, you were warned.

So basically there are tons of new characters. Most notably: DEVASTATOR. The true DEVASTATOR. 6 Constructicons merging into one. That could look totally awesome out in the open desert like that.

Who is going to be the Decepticon that climbs the Stratosphere? Who would you like it to be?

Next, Ultra Magnus. Car carrier again and again one of the best Autobot warriors. I hope they retain his unsure personality as that gave him a lot of character. Again, Hot Rod with his hot-headedness getting Prime into trouble. The others are totally unknown.

Who is the group of Autobots that fight Starscream's faction when they descent to earth? Who will we see there?

Soundwave seems really bad ass. The only thing I didn't like about him was his treatment as a mysticist. I think they should just stick with technology instead of getting into all this mumbo jumbo.

Oh, and there def was a plug for GM how the Camaro won and the SKYLINE lost? Puhlease, the Skyline is a def race car while the Camaro is a wannabe.

2. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    The script sends chill down my spine when I saw devastator in it. Hope he can make it through more than a minute, this will do Bonecrusher justice.

A perhaps cliff hanger for the third and last installment too.

3. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Sounds excellent! They really fixed alot of the loose ends after film no.1, the whole plot outline really "works", I was sold after one read.

- Las Vegas wouldn't be my first choice for location, too "dry" and it's been done before, but I don't care where the robots fight, as much as that the robots fight.

- the way they present Soundwave is perfect, I just hope he'll look the part (weird alt mode...)

- Devestator sounds cool, but I wish they would have picked someone else for a combiner, I'm so sick of him.

- Starscream and Megatron's chemistry together is perfect

- Yay, Simmons and Scorponok are back!

- I hope they can squeeze Arcee in there (they should be able to, you get the impression there is like a dozen of unnamed Autobots who follow Magnus around, his "crew" as labelled in the treatment - if it is indeed real)

4. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There was one thing that I wanted to see so bad in the first one, and it's here now.

CHARACTERIZATION!

5. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    The unnamed Decepticon loyalist can only be one person: Barricade.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Amen to that!

Megatron seems like a total BAD-ASS! Plus, according to the events, he won't get an earth mode. Yay! I won't have to replace my Megatron custom!

Starscream however, seems like a jerk, but that's good. Nice to see there'll be a huge battle. Plus, the protoforms and military vehicles allow a good excuse for Identical or similar robots to save on animating costs, so we can have new and shiny characters.

I'm sad to see Ratchet's not there though.:( 

I really hope Arcee's not in there, I'm tired of every female TF being Arcee. And I'm not thrilled about Devastator either, though he sounds like he gets his early, so that's good.

7. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh yeah, what happened to Jazz being rebuilt? Guess not.

8. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    haven't read the script yet, but i'd like to. can anyone tell me where to find it?

9. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:

Here ya go.

10. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    OMG Starscream vs Megatron dogfight in the Grand Canyon? YES PLEASE.

Sounds like a good start (I imagine it'll get a few revisions in the writing process). I hope that some of the Autobots get focused on a bit more (no mention of Ironhide or Ratchet in the whole thing). I guess they've left it open to include lots of new bots. Almost too many. Hopefully they can work Wheeljack and Grimlock in somehow? Please?

Anyway, sounding pretty good. Going to need a huge budget as it seems almost 100% robot action.

11. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    thanks, like what i hear.

does anyone have a copy of the actual script itself? i hunger for more!

Edit: NVM, found it!

12. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

What no Dinobots?

13. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This thread has a pdf. link in the first post, I counldn't read it, but you probobly could.

14. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

poor autobots be crush by devastor

15. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    GUYS please give me a link to read it!

16. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

After calming down a little, I have a few questions.

To those who read the previous leaked script for TF1, was it about the same? I didn't read that script at all as I thought it'd ruin the movie, but was it just as exciting? Because if that script was just as exciting as this script, it was poorly executed. Maybe having all those different human groups worked in the previous leaked script for TF2?

I just don't want to get my hopes up if the script is written well but the execution of it will ruin the movie again. I don't SEE anything like a Maguffin in this script. Everything is happening for a reason. At least thats how it seems. The Matrix obviously has a purpose. As does the City of Lights and the Stratosphere.

The Maguffin in TF1 might not have SEEMED like a Maguffin to those who read the leaked script but turned out extremely lame in the movie. The same with the fight scenes. Blackout/Brawl/and the Final Battle with OP and Megs was less than inspiring. I just hope these battles are MUCH better.

Soundwave/OP, Megs/Starscream, UM & Crew/Devastator, Bumblebee/unknown Depecticon, Protoform battle in atmosphere, Hot Rod trashing everybody - all these could be AWESOME battles. But they could be ruined if Bay uses his extreme close-ups and shaky cameras.

On a more positive note, who do you think UM's "crew" will be. As he is a warrior, I think he should be carrying warriors - Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Hound, Wheeljack, Prowl, Arcee, etc. That would be a formidable team.

I personally don't want to see Barricade come back. I really wasn't a big fan of his design in the movie. I think they should go with someone more sinister. I had recollections of a Rumble attacking Blaster scene when I read the Stratosphere scene. That would really make Soundwave badass if he ejected Rumble who was somehow able to destroy the stratosphere. If not Rumble, Shockwave/Blitzwing would be nice but I think they should save Shockwave for TF3 when the fight goes to Cybertron. And I think Blitzwing has a very neutral allegiance if I remember correctly.

After further thought: CYCLONUS!!! That would be the ultimate Loyalist. It would suck that he gets killed though but there is only room for one Decepticon second-in-command and thats Soundwave. If they keep him, it would be awesome in TF3 if Shockwave/Soundwave/Cyclonus all protected Megatron in the last final battle.

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Wow.....I like what I read. I could picture it while I was reading it. Hopefully the finished script doesn't change too much from that. By the sound of it, we should be looking forward to seeing more protoform toys for the 2nd movie. I'm hoping that Soundwave get's a Leader class toy, though it's a long time to be hoping for different toys for this, lol. I do see how a lot of people won't like this, but, I personally love it the way it is :D .

Edit: Just to add some more to my post. I was origionally hoping for Hot Rod not to be a part of the Movies, but, with his role, I can deal with it (unlike Ultra Magnus :D ). Speaking of UM, I wasn't expecting him to make an appearance, but, thinking about it, he'd be cool in the sequel. Barricade and Scopy making appearances makes me happy, and should make some others happy, as we were confused as to where they had gone in the first one. I also like Soundwave's new role. I think it can fit him nicely, and also gives us a cool way to bring Megs back to life. Also, the matrix, that'll be awesome, and it'll give Hasbro a reason to make new molds for Prime, so that he can hold the matrix in him (hopefully his chest). The nemesis being in the movie is also cool, as I was hoping that the ship wouldn't be a TF (that would be one loooong transformation, lol). Reading the script has made my day, possibly my week happy :thumb .

18. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Just read the script:

-Like the idea of Starscream gathering his own brigade of Decepticons, and bringing Soundwave along with them.
    -Soundwave as a "mystic healer" and a high priest? Damn, Soundwave's got it good. :D 
    -So Sam's a college man in NYC, meaning that he and Bumblebee's friendship is strained. Ok, that's where it goes wrong. That means that Bumblebee's gonna go emo here, and that's gonna add our Autobot underdog to the list of famous fictional characters in which many people think are emo. Like Shinji from Evangelion (Sorry EvaUnit13, but you have to admit, Shinji does question his existence many times in that anime).
    -It says that Mikaela has seen a couple of new Autobot protoforms so far. Who would they be? Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod?
    -Yeah, I'm still shocked that Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod would show up in TF2 already. Anyone want to bet that Ultra Magnus is a white and blue repaint of Optimus Prime? :p 
    -Sam's roommate sounds like another Glenn, only less annoying...I hope.
    -LOVING the idea of an entire Decepticon starship transforming itself into an aircraft carrier. And the Nemesis name for it is PERFECT, too. :) 
    -Hmm...Decepticons transforming into military assault vehicles...I smell Combaticons...but without Brawl, though...or Blackout...
    -Soundwave transforms into...a what? A focused sound laser? Oooookay, someone needs to give me an image as to what one would look like, because something like that sounds a bit far fetched.
    -So Megatron lives after all. Awesome. I knew that even the Allspark wouldn't kill him for good. He absorbed the Allspark, which only shut him down because of the overdose of energy the Allspark has. Wow, this is interesting stuff. :thumb 
    -Heh, Soundwave's Megatron's life support. Knew there was a catch. :lol 
    -Megatron's Decepticons prepare to capture Sam. So who are these Decepticons, really? Are they the ones who scanned for more military alternate modes? Are they Decepticons from the video game? Or are they Megatron's old crew from the first movie, just given new bodies? If so, I'd LOVE to see Bonecrusher transform into a bus. That would make him hate himself. :lol  "I hate me."
    -Hot Rod becomes a red Ferrari F430. NICE.
    -What's this cryptic energy source they're talking about?
    -Hot Rod's too dangerous for Prime. Figures. I mean, Hot Rod IS a turbo revvin' young punk. Doy!
    -The mysterious cryptic energy source is in Las Vegas. City of Light, get it? Because Las Vegas always has its lights on? Wow, what a really dumb place to put it, Sector 7.
    -...No, seriously, WTF was Sector 7 smoking when they put this still unknown energy source in a city that would be the first place to find an endless source of energy?
    -Where the hell is Ironhide and Ratchet? Haven't heard ANYTHING from those two yet, or Jazz's fate. I think Jazz may actually stay dead throughout the trilogy, if that's the case.
    -So the energy source is an orb that has the same energy as the Allspark...in Vegas...jeez.
    -It's official. Shige must be more annoying than Glenn. If that's the case, then Shige will join Glenn on the "annoying human characters list" in the TF mythos. That list is growing expedentially.
    -A Decepticon just trashed Sam's dorm. That would REALLY suck. But it wouldn't suck if Shige was still in said dorm when the unknown Decepticon destroyed it. Then we wouldn't have to be annoyed by Shige's annoyances, because he'd be dead. And a dead annoying character, is a GOOD annoying character. In my book, that is. :) 
    -Yeah, I'm still shocked that Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod would show up in TF2 already. Anyone want to bet that Ultra Magnus is a white and blue repaint of Optimus Prime? :p 
    -Sam's roommate sounds like another Glenn, only less annoying...I hope.
    -LOVING the idea of an entire Decepticon starship transforming itself into an aircraft carrier. And the Nemesis name for it is PERFECT, too. :) 
    -Hmm...Decepticons transforming into military assault vehicles...I smell Combaticons...but without Brawl, though...or Blackout...
    -Soundwave transforms into...a what? A focused sound laser? Oooookay, someone needs to give me an image as to what one would look like, because something like that sounds a bit far fetched.
    -So Megatron lives after all. Awesome. I knew that even the Allspark wouldn't kill him for good. He absorbed the Allspark, which only shut him down because of the overdose of energy the Allspark has. Wow, this is interesting stuff. :thumb 
    -Heh, Soundwave's Megatron's life support. Knew there was a catch. :lol 
    -Megatron's Decepticons prepare to capture Sam. So who are these Decepticons, really? Are they the ones who scanned for more military alternate modes? Are they Decepticons from the video game? Or are they Megatron's old crew from the first movie, just given new bodies? If so, I'd LOVE to see Bonecrusher transform into a bus. That would make him hate himself. :lol  "I hate me."
    -Hot Rod becomes a red Ferrari F430. NICE.
    -What's this cryptic energy source they're talking about?
    -Hot Rod's too dangerous for Prime. Figures. I mean, Hot Rod IS a turbo revvin' young punk. Doy!
    -The mysterious cryptic energy source is in Las Vegas. City of Light, get it? Because Las Vegas always has its lights on? Wow, what a really dumb place to put it, Sector 7.
    -...No, seriously, WTF was Sector 7 smoking when they put this still unknown energy source in a city that would be the first place to find an endless source of energy?
    -Where the hell is Ironhide and Ratchet? Haven't heard ANYTHING from those two yet, or Jazz's fate. I think Jazz may actually stay dead throughout the trilogy, if that's the case.
    -So the energy source is an orb that has the same energy as the Allspark...in Vegas...jeez.
    -It's official. Shige must be more annoying than Glenn. If that's the case, then Shige will join Glenn on the "annoying human characters list" in the TF mythos. That list is growing expedentially.
    -A Decepticon just trashed Sam's dorm. That would REALLY suck. But it wouldn't suck if Shige was still in said dorm when the unknown Decepticon destroyed it. Then we wouldn't have to be annoyed by Shige's annoyances, because he'd be dead. And a dead annoying character, is a GOOD annoying character. In my book, that is. :) 
    -The Matrix is mentioned ALREADY!? So hold on. Does EVERY Transformer have a Matrix that makes them intelligent, or is it just a rare artifact that makes a Transformer a real Prime? Someone help me, this is just getting confusing.
    -Nevermind, it's the latter. My bad.
    -Ahh, so here's the final piece of Megatron's puzzle: he needs the Matrix to be fully alive again, and not have Soundwave as his life support. Very interesting, kind of like how Galvatron was sent by Unicron to destroy the Matrix in the 1986 original animated movie.
    -DEVASTATOR!!! HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE fanwank there!
    -Ultra Magnus as a freightliner...hmm...interesting.
    -So we're not told who exactly is with Ultra Magnus when we first see him. I say it's Springer, Wheeljack, and Prowl.
    -Shige just pissed his pants at more Autobots. Okay, Shige is now on the "annoying human character" list. And he might make number one. Daniel, Armada kids, and Bud, watch out.
    -Heh, so Ultra Magnus CAN deal with Devastator. "I can't deal with anything except the big green guy!" :lol 
    -So now the energy source is named the Luxor. Sounds like something Lex Luthor would name it.
    -Starscream in his protoform mode, no need for disguise? OH HELL YES.
    -Ooh, even better. More Autobot protoforms! And they battle Starscream and his Protoform Decepticons in the sky, falling. Okay, now my pants are wet. :D 
    -They land, and they go back to beating the crap out of each other. I love it.
    -AND THE AUTOBOT FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE GETS ALTERNATE MODES. YES, YES, YES! BRILLIANT!
    -Nice to see how the Decepticons wised up by using shields to resist the Army's Sabot rounds. Good thinking, 'Screamer!
    -Alright, even more Autobot goodness. Ultra Mags, his Autobots, and Bumblebee start battling. God, if all of this is real, I'm gonna have my pants creamed on the opening night.
    -Scorponok's back! W00t! I knew the little bug would be back again. :) 
    -Oh hell yeah, military planes that transform into Decepticons without their human pilots knowing, killing them in the process. This just keeps getting better and better.
    -Soundwave rips away Prime's Matrix. Loving it. Absolute love right here.
    -Now Megatron has the Matrix. And now he does what he should have done long ago: KILL STARSCREAM.
    -Starscream, in short, is pwned by Megatron. Simple as that.
    -He's then crucified, and killed, but not before saying "I have prepared the way..."
    -Grim ending. Love it.

So yeah, this is probably gonna be a badass sequel.

19. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

Wow... loved it. I only hope the robots' action doesn't overshadow the human element (hey, the movie's still gotta reel in ordinary folks).

And if this is real, I hope they give Starscream a hell lot of characterization so we can actually sympathize with him over whacked-crazy nut-case Megatron before Screamer bites the dust.

'Asian homemate SHIGE'... XD Can't they just write the guy's Japanese? After all, that's a nice nod to Takara and Tokyo Drift.

20. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    1. Thought the leaked February script and the eventual movie script was bad? Then trust me. You DON'T want to read the very first leaked draft. It's one of the biggest piles of shit I have EVER read. Same sort of events, but all 100 times worse: Decepticon helicopter Grimlock, Autobots being more like drones with only Bumblebee acting alive, Scorponok killed by luring it into a shed and disabling it with a grenade, a Frenzy-esque Soundwave GROWING into a Hummvee after scanning it for a new mode, a ******ed scene in which they head back to the school to get the glasses (with Jazz and Bumblebee distracting the guards by drifting, ARGH), etc. The only good things about it were about 20 Decepticons, Humvee Soundwave (later replaced by Barricade), Prime's flashback being about an aerial fleet of Decepticons attacking a city (with Megatron pulling out like a dozen guns and blasting everything to smithereens while the barrels glow whitehot) and BB never getting a new altmode. The last 1/3 was missing though, so I have no idea how that went (but from what I heard it had some Decepticons combining into Bruticus).

2. The use of the MacGuffin turned out a lot better in the eventual movie, same as with Bumblebee's music talk. Quite surprised with that, cause it sucked incredibly much in both of the scripts.

3. There was even MORE human stuff. It was actually cut down in the final movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.