TakarTomy Beast Wars Reissue Gimlet's Is Missing Something

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by B-Fox, Oct 13, 2007.

1. B-Fox

B-Fox Mahoro de MAMBO!

News Credits:
    I just got Gimlet the other day and was surprised to see he didn't come with the missile launcher Sea Clamp and the original Gimlet had (Of course the missile launcher was totally useless for those two figures since they didn't come with their own missiles to fire from it, but that's besides the point).

The lack of the launcher, which is a part of Tripredacus/Tripledacus' combined form leads me to believe TakaraTomy won't be re-releasing the Cicadacon/D.J. mold. That, and the fact Motorarm is a Maximal/Cybertron and Gimlet is a Predacon/Destron.

2. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

That's lame! But almost everything Takara has been doing since they merged with Tomy has been lame.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:

Yeah,Like release MP Starscream before the G1 Repaint,Masterpiece Megatron to have orange caps and Now this,well atleast their Encore Iornhide and rATCHET.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The G1 repaint was never planned by Takara-Tomy, I think you'll find they always intended to do a "realistic Starscream" in the same vein as the Binaltechs / Alternators, Hasbro are the ones who decided to release it in the US and put G1 paints on it. Takara-Tomy's even releasing it as a USA edition.
    Masterpiece Megatron having an orange cap, again, not Takara-Tomy's fault. That's more to do with the toy gun laws in territories outside of Japan. Nothing to do with TT.
    The lack of Cicadacon in the reissue line is disappointing though, I'll grant you that, though the Beast Wars Reissues on the whole have been good, barring some odd or random choices. Their paint apps are nothing short of amazing, especially their Boldfang. Best paint and finish I've seen on a TF in a long time.

I'll agree to the reissuing of Ratchet as being a good thing too. Mine is a little old. Be nice to have a shiny new one.