TakaraTomy Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prime's Pappa, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

I saw the very costly figs for TakaraTomy on BBTS for animated and very interested but the are really high in price...I was wondering if anyone here has purchased their stuff and if you can confirm its worth the difference in price such as a high level of quality with the paint and no loose joints and falling parts like the original figs or is it you are just paying to get a blue bulkhead which to me would not be worth that much.

2. anabolik1

anabolik1 Banned

You'll get mixed impressions on this one bro...

For me, the Takara stuff has ALWAYS been superior to it's domestic release counterpart. More specifically, I prefer HEAVILY the Car Robots line over the RID and the Henkei line over Classics - better build quality, paint apps...just better.

Maybe I've been lucky and just haven't experienced a problem yet but with all the figures I have or have had from these lines that would be A LOT of luck ;) 

Now, I will be picking up a few of the Japanese Animated figures because the paint apps on them look to be awesome. I definitely won't buy them all cause some of them will inevitably look identical to the domestic release.

JMHO

3. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    No one will no for sure until they're released this March, but the quality of the figures tends to be the same. With that said, I usually prefer Takara's stuff to Hasbro's.

Randy

4. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    The toyline hasn't been released yet so there is a slim chance any problems with the US versions could be fixed with these figures. You will have to wait to see on a figure by figure basis if there is any improvement/modifications to the figure.

Generally speaking, the quality of the figures is about the same but the Japanese releases usually have more accurate paint applications to the cartoon than their US counter parts. Best advice is to wait and see if any improvements have been made to the figure and then decide if the paint apps make the figure worth purchasing or not.

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Except in this case where Takara just plain screwed the pooch, I mean wtf were they thinking?

6. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

They were thinking that Hasbro had already done a pretty accurate job to begin with, surprisingly. There's not much to go with with accuracy in mind. So they went and painted it up how they wanted.

But to answer the original question-

Takara and Hasbro's figures come from the same factories in China. I don't know how many times I have to say that. So no, it's not a guarantee that the quality of the figures themselves is going to be better. It's the same roll of the dice as it is with Hasbro figures.

The ONLY difference is where they market- Hasbro primarily in North America and Takara in Japan. That's it.

And that's where the differences come in the paint decos. Traditionally, Hasbro looks for the stand-out, eye-appeal, "Mommy I want this" paint scheme. Where Takara goes for media-accuracy. But with Animated it's different, as I said above.