TakaraTomy Power Of The Primes Wave 2 And Wave 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shin Densetsu, Jan 11, 2018.

1. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Great Shot!

News Credits:

Maybe but doubtful. Sorry for being a wet blanket...

2. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    They did just that with the Legends line and it didn't work, clearly you don't know sound business practices, if you think repeating same failed strategy over and over again is a "good idea".

• Like Like x 5
  3. AnnoyedRobot

AnnoyedRobot Well-Known Member

I think Reprolabels is going to have a busy and lucrative year.

• Like Like x 7
  4. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Jazz in Hasbro POTP Wave 1 or Takara POTP Wave 1?

If Hasbro, there's cost to be bourne by importing and imported toys will usually be dearer.

If Takara, the Japanese cost is the same, see quotes bellow. BBTS prices will be subject to exchange rate fluctuations, whim of retailer and a belief the Dinobots will be more in demand.

WAVE 1 Japanese Prices

WAVE 2 Japanese Prices

5. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    You are complaining about people complaining, you must have A LOT of free time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. figureguy

figureguy Well-Known Member

Payres,

Sorry for not specifying. I am referring to the TT line. Currently the Takara POTPs are showing up at BBTS with the new releases. Wave 1 Jazz is listed as $24.99. However all the wave 2 and 3 deluxes such as the dinos and Dreadwing are listed for $29.99. They are all the same class but I have to wonder why there is a $5 difference. There are no deluxes in 2 or 3 for comparison, but the mini pretenders are $8.99 in all of the waves.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    But probably not enough to ofset the cost of Takarafying. Sadly the extra's were probably eating into the profits of the extra sales they engendered and Takara seemed to have decided to save money by releasing the toys they produce for Hasbro unchanged in their own market.
    They'll probably lose most of their foreign customers but if we made it worth to them to add those extra's they wouldn't have made this decision.

• Like Like x 3
  8. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a slightly odd one. Retailer's whim!

9. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame the OG frog girl

I think they mean to release these at retail like their TAV line. Let's face it, kids there aren't going to care as much about paint apps as the kids here do.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    You have to go where the facts lead you. Just because companies reach to cut costs doesn't mean they are doing anything beyond trying to pad their pockets more. In fact, most often that is the reality behind such maneuvers. There is a long discussion to be had about how large companies box consumers in, but I don't have the time.

What I will say is that the Legends line lasted past 65 releases not counting exclusives and specials and some were even re-released due to demand. If it was a such an utter failure, they sure took their sweet time in realizing it considering the line has gone on since 2014. Meanwhile, they completely stopped their version of RiD 2 and their movie lines often trail off with a wimper while releasing just a small subset of everything available.

So it would appear something else is going on here. I don't pretend to know exactly what it is, but I can predict it will not turn out positive. Kids in Japan aren't going to suddenly be turned on to legacy Transformers just because they now look crappier, regardless of cost because keep in mind - they are still relatively expensive.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

We didn’t care about knees and elbows as kids back in the 80s. Those were the days...now it’s all “I CAN SEE HALLOW BITS IN HIS BACK! EVEN THOUGH I DONT SEE HIS BACK ON THE SHELF!!” “THE TAIL LIGHTS ARENT PAINTED!” “NO WRIST SWIVEL!!! WORST FIGURE EVER!”

• Like Like x 3
  12. Nightshade2000

Nightshade2000 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well I bought Hasbro POTP wave 1 on sale but have been holding off opening until there was confirmation of UW release or not. I'm both glad and sad they aren't. Like many people, this will help my wallet. But I liked the premium boxsets too. Like other people I'm also slightly skeptical but it also makes some sense because they have been showing Jazz as an individual release instead of waiting to put him in a boxset with someone else. They probably delayed the dinobots to make sure they can release all five in the same wave (unlike Hasbro's frustrating decision to split between waves like wave 1 and 2 of Combiner Wars and the stunticons/aerialbots).

I will be opening them all this weekend! Yay!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Active Member

I am surprised that no one has pointed out that Hasbro is activly trying not to release multiple figures of the same mold per wave, like Slag and Sludge, Rippersnaper and Blot, or so on and so forth

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

Because they usually don’t. It’s not a new practice.

Theres a reason the airealbots were broken up in Combiner Wars. It’s becuase skydive and airraif. No retools however subtle in Titans Return were in the same wave. Topspin and twintwist. That’s why Slugslinger, the final Deluxe wasn’t put in with Misfire like he shoulda been instead of wolfwire. They tossed him in that wave so two retools weren’t packed in together.

Only exception is box sets

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually Air Raid was planned for wave 1 but wasn't ready for whatever reason, so they substituted Dragstrip instead. The intention was always to have one full combiner in each wave, and subsequent waves prove this. It had nothing to do with retools.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I went with mostly Takara for the Titans Return line because I had the money to do so, and I liked the Takara color schemes much better than the underpainted Hasbro releases.

paint.png

• Like Like x 5
  17. Kurome

Kurome Well-Known Member

Duude!! after waiting for weeks, I said the source was not so reliable and now we get the artwork for blastoff just hours later!

Feel like I should've kept my mouth shut

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'm so disappointed no Hydra and Buster.

Hopefully an exclusive of some kind will happen at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

I'm kinda curious but is the "Hasbro and Takara releases are going to be the same" thing an official statement or a rumor? Also wondering if some of the names are placeholders; "Blackwing" is obviously Darkwing but I dunno that Takara would actually name their release that.

20. illithid

illithid Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1