TakaraTomy Power Of The Primes Wave 2 And Wave 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shin Densetsu, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:

The amount of denial is kind of amazing.

First a reveal of news of lists of Wave one. People thinking the Dinobots terrorcons will be box sets And dreadwind And darkwing will be Hydra and buster in a two back

Then Official statement saying they’re the same as Hasbro. Still people saying box sets

Reveal pics of Wave one. People saying they’re just stock photos.

Confirmation of pics. Still saying it’s not true and people need to contact Takara.

More confirmation. More denial

Now this revealing Wave 2 And 3.MORE DENIAL

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

My question is will the toon deco Dino's be released by Hasbro as exclusives?

I do hope they are released somehow. Not as exclusives though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. W-P38

W-P38 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here we go again with Takara vs Hasbro. Even the news post is biased, claiming no more Takara "improvements".

Most "improvements" are just anime-based changes. If it's G1, the original toys are the definitive design; the animation, in any case, ALWAYS came second. Hasbro, for the most part, has been reproducing G1 in an updated form in relation to the definitive, original toys. Takara's are certainly not categorical "improvements", at all. Just a different take.

I'm happy to pick up TT on occasion (out of Prime Wars, it's been Legends Godbomber, Legends Galvatron, and UW Menasor), but I'm indifferent to their decision to release the POTP line without changes. If anything, it's refreshing.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Having just picked up Legends Slugslinger, I do think its a shame that we're losing the extra gloss from Takara's releases, but makes me appreciate the ones I have that much more. I will miss the fun of seeing the different approaches as it's one of my favourite things about the hobby. I am glad that we got the Targetmasters done properly with their weapon partners, and I guess its over to Hasbro to wow us now. So far with POTP I've been happy with what they've been doing.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Wh33l JcK

I hope the next opportunity we get an interview with Warden we can get an explanation about is going on here...

Why is this happening? What can we expect in terms of Toon Deco releases?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Phenotype

Phenotype Well-Known Member

Money. It's cheaper to do one large production run. I'm 100% sure this all comes down to saving money.

• Like Like x 3
  7. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    I gotta be honest - much as I think this kinda sucks for the toy quality, ON THE OTHER HAND my wallet is perfectly fine with this as it means less importing/doubledipping in 2018.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Wh33l JcK

Toon Deco's is leaving money on the table though. I know they will release the Dinobots in toon deco one way or there other. Just wondering how they will release it?

Part of me thinks the Hasbro folks were just tired of getting shown up by Takara, and they were sick of answering questions about bringing over the Takara remolds ? It just puts them in an odd position and makes them look bad.

• Like Like x 1
  9. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Figure King #239 Details - "unifying the world brands on an unprecedented scale"

10. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    If Takara thought they'd make more money by doing Toon Deco they'd do it. If they aren't, odds are it meant they weren't making enough to be worth it.

• Like Like x 4
  11. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    This. Hasbro is playing chicken. Cluck ..cluck..cluck.

12. VenomGTSR

VenomGTSR Well-Known Member

I don't think choice is a bad thing though. I personally went about 50/50 CW and UW combiners. I preferred the better paint and cartoon decos but also the better overall tolerances. This is totally anecdotal but my UW stuff had tighter joints than Hasbro. I just picked up a second Swoop because the first was so poor it couldn't be used in limb mode.

Having said that, I'm not surprised by this-they did say they were aligning the product offerings but I could see how that left hope for still getting upgraded paint apps. Oh well, hopefully Hasbro can step up their game.

• Like Like x 1
  13. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    There is always money to be made if you are "Takarafying" your transformers..;) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Again how many time does it need to be said, Takara loses more and more money each year and it's gonna be even more this year since they lost the Pokemon license.

• Like Like x 1
  15. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    apparently there isn't otherwise this line would still be under the legends banner and the dinobots would be the return of UW...

this is about money and takara isn't making it...period

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dinobot Grimlock

Dinobot Grimlock Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I can wait to have Power of the Primes Dinobots

17. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    We see the same poor business arguments here yet again. You have to spend money to make money - yes TakaraTomy is clearly cutting costs, but when sales fall equally or more it is all for naught. Not to mention losing all of your goodwill and brand prestige. I would be very surprised if this does anything but accelerate any decline in the brand.

Who would this move excite? Nobody, and there is your problem summed up very simply.

• Like Like x 4
  18. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    The shit is going to hit the fan for sure. Im really worried for Takara's wellbeing now...

• Like Like x 1
  19. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    I'm actually glad they're not a set. Takara has been dropping the ball with their version lately anyway...

BUT!

If they do release an individual Hun-Garr that has vastly better quality than Hasbro's version then I'll pre-order it on sight! If not... Oh well.

What's "Alchemist Prime", a Prime Master?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. figureguy

figureguy Well-Known Member

But if the TT figures are the same as the Hasbro ones, why are the deluxes in Waves 2 and 3 priced $5 more than Jazz in wave one? BBTS has them at $30. The plot thickens....hope refuses to die for those who want the TT releases to be better but know they won't.

(I am one of those who continue to hold out for TT accurate paint jobs.......UW Abominus you are our only hope)

• Like Like x 1