TakaraTomy Power Of The Primes Wave 2 And Wave 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shin Densetsu, Jan 11, 2018.

1. denebian

denebian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’m not surprised. I was prepared for this. It will definitely save me money, but I’ll have less characters. I hope we still get some exclusives. Buster and Hydra may end up TTM exclusives or something.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Louise Belcher

Louise Belcher Autobot loves Android

Hey! TakaraTomy isn't just one toyline company! They make many other toys besides Transformers, such as Tomica, Plarail, Diaclone, Licca-chan, etc. Besides TF, there's no downgrading with any of their other toys.

Yeah, besides Liege Maximo (Skullgrin) and maybe other stupid abstract symbol master ( I really hope they make good painted Iguanus with colorful primemaster), I don't see myself collecting anything from Power of the Stickers.

Well, the new headmaster gimmick ( I adore that gimmick, so much fun!) toyline made me started to collect TF ( I have Animated Blurr and Armada minicon street action), however before that and still I collect many kinds of toys. There's 3rd party options and maybe it's great opportunity to start collecting other toys and have variety:) !

4. G1 Deconstructor

G1 Deconstructor Till all are repaired

YouTube:
    Now lets hope, that there's a SDCC box set with better paint and accessories.

5. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    At this point I'm not surprised. Although why Landmine isn't getting released in wave 2 is kind of a head scratcher. Rather disappointed still since the variety was nice, it let collectors choose what they wanted in their collection, but Lego did some cost cutting measures back in the day(nixing chromed pieces and switching to stickers vs printed pieces) and aside from a bit of a sales slump last year they aren't that much worse off. If Takara needs to do this whatever they're reasoning may be, then so be it. Sad news but that's just how things are. It is going to me much less importing for me which I say it every year that I'd like to spend less, I just never thought this was how it would turn out. Still going to double dip on Submarauder since he's one of my favorite Pretender designs, but that's really going to be it.

Actually Takara did release Black Shadow. Friggin took them awhile but they did release the gen mold in their Adventure line.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn that sucks. Why couldn't Takara have waited until the end of the Prime Wars trilogy before taking on this policy?? Reprolabels can only do so much to cover Hasbro's cost-cutting.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

I wouldn't care so much, but after MAGA Jazz and stickers on Leaders and Voyagers.... I'll be looking at Deluxes and Legends...

Wait till the movie line gets this next big push and we see generations disappear. We'll see Bay's horrid designs start crowding the space. That's when I quit.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

"These toys/decos suck, I'm going to buy 3P instead."

I hope you're happy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    While I'm not 100% convinced that Hasbro doesn't have plans to drop Buster and Hydra into a later wave as easy repaints, I am surprised Takara wasn't going to slip them into the Legends line at the last minute.

Anyway I'm not going to quit the hobby or anything stupid like that over this, it just means more money saved especially with so many expensive TTMall exclusives and MPs on the way. So after this spring I think I'm just going to enjoy only having to import MP Dinobot and nothing else for a little while.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kurome

Kurome Well-Known Member

Dude I laughed so hard:)  maroon-purple I don't care what you call it as long as it looks like that pic

11. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, about half a year from now, Takara will be releasing exactly identical figures to the ones Hasbro has already released? With not even a minor deco change? In the age of online shopping?

Is anyone else not getting the logic behind this?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Kurome

Kurome Well-Known Member

there were some not so reliable (leaks) pictures a few weeks ago, showing blast-off

13. carnerd3000

carnerd3000 "This is bad comedy."

Uh yeah, I was really hoping TT would do Hydra, Buster and the rest of the Super God Masterforce characters in the Legends line. I REALLY hope they still do along with whatever POTP stuff they are doing. It would be criminal not to do those guys IMO. And then hopefully we'll still get proper toys for the HM Jr's in the future too.

14. Protostar

Protostar TOOOOOOAAAASSSSTTT!1! 1! 111! 11!!

Hah, do you lot got nothing better to do than to complain about not getting what you'd hoped and to get angry with companies purely because they're not going in the direction you want them to?

• Like Like x 1
  15. GoldDeadEnd

GoldDeadEnd Well-Known Member

There was a leak a little while ago of packaging for upcoming figures--Elita-One, Hun-Gurrr, some studio series guys. The big surprise was a shuttle Blast-Off being among them. The figure was heavily edited-out, but we got the bio. Seems like an exclusive. Take it with a grain of salt, of course, but I choose to believe, because the Slingshot cosplay ain't doing it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. LoranBasaraEvin

LoranBasaraEvin Potato Girl

welp. guess my optimism was misplaced.

all I wanted were Hydra/Buster and Liokaiser... Maybe we'll get lucky with Tokyo Toy Show or something.

17. Latooni

Latooni "HIDOI YO!!!"

Admittedly, I was going to buy PoTP Swoop either way because I dislike the cartoon model's massive caveman brow, but I still would've liked to have had the option for show accuracy otherwise(kinda iffy on translucent plastic in general, sans light-piping). Wasn't intending to go as Takara-crazy as I did during CW/UW, but show-coloured Hun-Gurrr was a definite desire of mine.

Really makes me wish this 'brand unifying' thing could've been postponed a bit. Unite Warriors was one of my favourite lines to collect. :c

• Like Like x 2
  18. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reading the comments, it seems people are constantly adjusting their expectations with each new update on TakaraTomy's POTP line.

The first assumption was that the POTP line would released under Legends with the usual TakaraTomy improvements. When that turned out not to be the case, people hoped that the combiners would be released under a revived Unite Warriors line. When that didn't pan out either, some have now turned to hoping for parallel releases through TakaraTomy Mall/LG-EX line.

At this point, I think we should just accept that the lines are going to be identical and spare ourselves any further disappointments.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Because they are hemorrhaging money and by doing this they are saving what they can. It's pretty straight forward, Takara isn't the one being illogical, entitled westerners are.

• Like Like x 11
  20. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Optimal Opthanos

News Credits:
    If there are Dinobots at SDCC it'd likely be as Dinoking.

Nothing cuts deeper than the truth.

• Like Like x 4