TakaraTomy POTP Predaking, Abominus, Optimal Optimus, Elita-1, Battletrap, Octopunch, Bludgeon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Feb 17, 2018.

1. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    True, it has more to do with the current factory letting shit like that pass.
    If I recall correctly, said factory continued to produce MPM Optimus using a broken mold.

• Like Like x 1
  2. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I think you hit it right on the head here. Makes perfect sense .

3. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Several comments later someone else has the same conclusion.
    CW Brawl is probably one of the best examples of it too. The first run Hasbro one had the horrible waist. Later ones (I got one so I can say first hand) had better waists that held in place just fine and both TT and Hasbro releases afterwards are on par with that.
    Sadly it's rather rare that both Hasbro and TakaraTomy come out with something simultaneously though so it's hard to verify that part. To be honest I can't even recall the last time that's really happened.

• Like Like x 2
  4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Usually the movie stuff, which is even easier to tell since the releases are typically identical. I'd consider only a month out to be practically simultaneous, because I doubt that that's enough time to make factory-level fine adjustments.

5. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Great Shot!

News Credits:

6. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    There's a definite difference in the quality of recent Legends figures that suffer from terrible stress-marks from the slightest amount of use, that's for sure.

Wait, are we not supposed to talk about stuff like that?

• Like Like x 6
  7. Type-R

Type-R blissed off my chonk!

News Credits:
    When pre-ordering this set, it shows 5 items in the Amazon JP cart. So it's probably not a box set but an easier way to order all 5 individual items at once by bundling them.

Whether or not TakaraTomy Mall's "original" set is the same as Amazon JP's remains to be seen.

• Like Like x 2
  8. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When you say Nevermore, I think of:
    A-Edgar Alan Poe's poem
    B-Nevermore the German TF fan and often bringer of news on this forum.

As for Cutthroat, given how all the Terrorcons are various monsters, he is just a generic monstrous bird. Given how he uses his wings for slicing and dicing, I often like to assume he is modeled on a Stymphalian Bird. ;) 

9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Great Shot!

News Credits:
    Ooh. The plot thickens..

10. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    Which ones? I have most of the recent ones and I better check mine.

11. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Also the limit you can order off amazon is 3 of 1 item.

So ...........
    I put in an order for two individual sets and then I tried putting in 2 orders for the bundle and it would not allow me to do it and said 3 is the limit

12. TheGrognard

TheGrognard Well-Known Member

Lol. I like my Legends figs, but

My Legends Galvatron's Titan master has two of the same arm (one is upside down, so the thumb faces the wrong way)

My Legends bumblebee's canopy falls off if you look at it funny

My Legends hot rod has loose, floppy joints

My Legends Lio Convoy's spring gimmick is over active and is nearly impossible to get to retract

And I'm probably leaving some out. To say that Takara is way ahead of Hasbro in terms of overall quality... I dunno man. They aren't exactly batting a thousand in my experience.

• Like Like x 9
  13. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

It used to be a lot better. This is all TR and later what you are talking about. early CW and before that are really good when it comes to Takara. Now I am not an extreme Tak fan or anything most of my figures are Has. Yet those that I do have a Tak version off are really good.
    Only my Grapple is a bit loose from the generations line.

14. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    What about those reports of UW Motormasters crumbling to pieces at the waist?

15. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    My Legends Mindwipe broke in half just by looking at it.

16. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    It doesn't happen very often, but there are times when TakaraTomy has released the first run of a figure where there are issues. UW Blast Off comes to mind as one with a lot of issues, where later runs of UW Strafe and Shuttler seemed to come out a lot better. Super Ginrai and Godbomber both recently have had far less reported problems with their later box set release than the original individual runs, too.

• Like Like x 2
  17. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    This is true, issues with Takara while far from non-existent seemed a lot rarer before. But I'd argue that Hasbro also seemed a lot better with QC in that same time frame before CW. Personal experiences being what they are, it's been my experience that it's not one company over the other with quality, but I believe somewhere along the line the average overall quality just went down across the board.

• Like Like x 1
  18. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Good point on the legs too! I just looked and that makes alot of sense! Amd yes it does seem Hasbro has the upper hand with lawyer's somewhere. Most definitely!

• Like Like x 1
  19. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Yup Starscreams feet with the stickers especially look bad. The head is waay too small and on mine I pull off the forearm armor so he looks better. But a few mods wpuld end up giving us a way better figure. But they just HAD to make him into a Combiner, which if I'm honest DOES hava good combiner mode. Hrs definitely a B figure (if not worse)

With Predaking I think I'll judge him when he's on hand. But I don't like Rampage's feet AT ALL. But I will say this some of the reasons the individual Predacons are made more hollow (hollow looking anyway) is to make the.Combiner mode really good. I think Divebomb, Tamtrum, Headstrong, and Razorclaw.all look pretty good. Backpack/Combiner parts included. And I'm sure there are ways to remove the parts I'd really wanted. I think for me I say "it's G1 accurate with articulation" because I've been collecting a very long time and they never offered us this stif until recently. Basically when Titans Return came out so it's something I've always wished for. ;) 

20. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    I don't block people. That's better I understand now. Just saying to add more details if u want more ppl to understand. Doesn't have to be perfect just perfectly legible. Cheers! :)