TakaraTomy POTP Predaking, Abominus, Optimal Optimus, Elita-1, Battletrap, Octopunch, Bludgeon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Feb 17, 2018.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Are... are you trying to say Hasbro and TT, partner companies, are competitors?

• Like Like x 9
  2. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But they're still like double the price of Hasbro's line as if there's a differences in paint, design and accessories. As a result this should aggravate fans/collectors who have no choice but to buy Takara's brand IMO. Take Takara's Trypticon being $80 more than Hasbro's with absolution no differences for example. If I'm in Takara Territory I'd be p!ssed!

3. GoLion

GoLion I'm just doing my job

News Credits:
    It looks kind of cool at first glance, but the combining gimmick really subtracts from the figure overall. I don't know if I'm going to get this one. I wish they had made a Star Saber. This line, this gimmick, BEGS for a Star Saber.

• Like Like x 1
  4. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow.... I'm wishing more and more that all the Terrorcons had released before the Dinobots! Does Blot's mouth open? Even if it doesn't he's the first PotP figure so far that warrants wearing those otherwise goofy power booster packs IMO.

• Like Like x 3
  5. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Ok dude, like others here are saying (which idk if you see all of them as it seems you've ignored many of them). you need to chill. Please do go back and read you're own posts. You literally sound like a lunatic who refuses to accept that the government is not out to get them. The rest of us are trying to have discussions here and it's hard to do so with people talking like you are basically "screaming" over all of us about stuff that's just nonsensical. And as others have also said, these companies, in case you forgot, are PARTNERS, so calling them "competitors" is just ignorant, delusional, and/or makes you look like you are purposefully ignoring facts to appease your invalid arguments. And the quality is the same between the two. A quick fact check will show you that Takara are the ones who design the figures, then Hasbro has them makes changes to fit their needs for their market (that's my general understanding of this process), so the quality can't be different. Please get some mental help.
    Already informed him. He's thinking about the matrix having a Titan/Primemaster in it, not seating. And I'm pretty sure there's no seating.
    Yes. Yes he is.
    This is the first time I agree with you.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
  6. Omega495

Omega495 Well-Known Member

Request for Digibash / recolor
    Can anyone recolor Abominus into his SG version i.e. colored like G1 Computron. In SG
    Hun-Grrr is colored like G1 Scattershot.
    Rippersnapper is colored like G1 Nosecone.
    Sinnertwin is colored like G1 Afterburner.
    Cutthroat is colored like G1 Strafe.
    Blot is colored like G1 Lightspeed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

I'm a little sour on the Combiner Wars-styled gestalts...they always seemed like lanky monkeys to me. That said, Abominus seems really accurate to the original, even if in a lanky-monkey sort of way. Had the Terrorcons as a kid, so I guess I have a soft spot for these cute, cuddly guys.

8. Jaymo

Jaymo Well-Known Member

Liking his figure more and more. I hadn't noticed that as I've been trying to figure out the middle claw. I'm assuming its molded onto the hand. Which is pretty clever.

9. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I also want to see this!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

One of numerous things I'd love to see. Ditto for a corresponding SG Compy (preferably using Takara's tooling.)
    To be completely honest there's a LOT of SG figures I'd love to see out of the Prime Wars molds just because they could be done nicely.

Not to delve too much into this but sometimes yes and sometimes no (sometimes the opposite). A personally theory I've had is that since Hasbro releases come first often times if there's an issue with a mold it tends to get fixed by the time Takara does their version (which carries over). IE the way Grand Convoy Prime had improved hip joints or in a first hand example Takara's Scourge definitely doesn't have as much bobble head as Hasbro's does. The flipside to this is TT Blastoff which had legs that wouldn't hold together and the head was prone to coming off. I'd guarantee you that the upcoming Hasbro release of Blastoff (which there was a leaked image for) won't have those problems because it's being released after TT fixed it for Strafe.
    There's instances though such as Hasbro MP Sunstorm fixing the sliding chest issue on that mold (which carried over to all releases of both companies after) among others.
    To be real he's been like this even before the brand unification thing along with a certain other individual.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MelodiousGiant04

MelodiousGiant04 Well-Known Member

Hasbro buys out TakaraTomy within the next 2 years, I’m betting.

12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ~2000 Yen pricetags for Deluxes puts their prices on par with pretty much every part of the world outside of the USA. USA prices simply don't follow suit with the rest of the world due to retail giants like Wal-Mart artificially forcing the lower prices. That's why you guys freak out every time there's a price jump, because you guys are playing catch-up. Outside of the US, you often see steady, gradual increases every couple of years to account for inflation and other things, and eventually you just kinda roll with it. Meanwhile, with Wal-Mart suppressing the retail prices, you don't see any of that movement until 5, maybe even 10 years down the line, until finally those low prices are no longer sustainable and the price of the toys jumps drastically.

• Like Like x 3
  13. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Siiiiiigh....

I feel like a broken record. There is an ABSOLUTE difference in quality of a Takara figure over a Hasbro figure. Plain and simple.

Now that might not warrant double the price tag, especially with the paint apps being identical as of late .....but make NO mistake about it ....opening up a Takara figure and comparing to the Hasbro equivalent is like night and day.

This is fact, not a discusssion

I for one will always pay the extra $$$ for the Takara version. Hasbro figures are just placeholders until the Takara one is released.

That's why my SALES thread is always full and with great prices ....because I'm just dumping the redundant Habsro figure when the time is right.

14. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

Blott looks to be the best deluxe figure of POTP with Rippersnapper a close second

15. Revan1307

Revan1307 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    have both all the same but paint placement

• Like Like x 1
  16. MelodiousGiant04

MelodiousGiant04 Well-Known Member

They are unifying production, not just paint jobs.

• Like Like x 1
  17. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Yes , but are they unifying production upwards to Takara's standards, or lowered to Habsro's?

18. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No it isn't.
    Quality is subjective. Just because you and others think Takara is superior doesn't make it fact.

Again, it's all made in the same plant.
    That is fact.

• Like Like x 3
  19. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Oh man, I'm sorry, I don't usually get into debates like this . ..but subjectivity has nothing to do with tabs that don't hold, ball joints that pop off, hinges that are too loose, parts that don't line up or hold together, and the like.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What may happen is that because of the long lag time between Hasbro and TakaraTomy releases, TT may have time to adjust fine tolerances and such. Often the Hasbro versions are fixed up in later waves or for redecoes.

For releases that happen near-simultaneously, though, you're probably not going to be able to tell the difference outside of potential deco changes.

It has very little to do with quality standards, and everything to do with time.

• Like Like x 6