TakaraTomy Masterpiece Dinobot

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

1. Replaceable eye-pieces are pretty nifty. They work well and look great on Cheetor's beast mode head so if the plastic is painted similar to Optimus' which are translucent enough for the light effect to function yet still quite vibrant when unlit then I don't see that being a problem.
    2. I clearly need to draw what I'm envisioning but just imagine it being similar to a Cheetor's for now.
    3. We'll no I don't think he ever gave a cheeky smile while firing his eye-beams but that's no reason for it to not be an option. It could make for some funny toy photography with Dinobot smirking behind an unsuspecting Rattrap right before he gives him a little green blast...
    4. Yes the lasers are green but his regular eyes are red so if there's an led feature, the simplest way I see to avoid needing two separate coloured lights is to have a red eye piece and green eye piece. I hope that's clearer. I'll try to draw it out but probably won't have time till Sunday.

Of course a specific faceplate for the beams would be fine too but this way gives more options.
    Here's the first examples which came to mind of Dinobot using his beams with a couple different expressions:
    [I won't be showing the Disc destruction from Code Of Hero as I only watch that ep on very special occasions. But that screaming expression would be a great faceplate choice]
    Straining
    IMG_6420.PNG
    Completely neutral
    IMG_6423.PNG IMG_6424.PNG
    Charging up with a psychotic grin (my personal favourite)
    IMG_6426.PNG

And I just had to share this gem for the hell of it.
    IMG_6425.PNG

So, I'm not all that partial to the method I've proposed; I could take it or leave it but I think it would provide a pretty wide variety of posing options which is always a plus and it's something to discuss while we wait.

• Like Like x 4
  2. MaximusPrime2002

MaximusPrime2002 Well-Known Member

Google+:
    One problem with that. Cheetor's beast head is a lot bigger than his robot head, and has a lot more room.

3. Chopper Face

True but that shouldn't matter. I have some little figuarts with replaceable eyes which work just fine and Dinobot's head should be massive compared to Cheetor's. His bot head is basically the size of Cheetor's beast head.
    IMG_6427.PNG

• Like Like x 3
  4. MaximusPrime2002

Google+:
    Oh yes. How silly of me. Sometimes I forget jus how truly colossal Dinobot really is.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dinotrap

Dinotrap The bw collector

I really hope he's that size :-D

• Like Like x 2
  6. MaximusPrime2002

Google+:
    Given TT's standards with the mp line, he most likely will be.

• Like Like x 1
  7. oku

oku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Come on people.. go HD

upload_2017-5-18_17-9-21.png

upload_2017-5-18_17-14-4.png

upload_2017-5-18_17-10-37.png

[​IMG]
    upload_2017-5-18_17-18-57.png

upload_2017-5-18_17-12-58.png

• Like Like x 8
  8. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    The lazer eye beams from dinobot are so iconic for him, i wonder if TT will replicate it as LED.

9. MaximusPrime2002

Google+:
  10. MaximusPrime2002

Google+:
    You mean like, just led? No. If they do that, I will be soooo disappointed. That'd be like calling mp Primal's light up eye gimmick laser eyes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd kinda like some kind of clear or green plastic beams that pop out of his eye's, like a longer green version of Ratchet's welding beam:
    upload_2017-5-19_12-27-29.png
    Two options I see are to paint Dinobots robot eyes red but include a powerful enough green LED that it will over power the red and show through green? (pretty sure you can do this)
    Or you could use red eyes (either painted or LED) in the bot head and provide a laser beam that is opaque and painted a really nice green energy effect (like the Tamashii stuff). I really like the painted energy effect on Ratchet's welding laser - looks a lot more interesting than if it had just been clear yellow. I think I'd prefer a well painted energy effect than just a clear plastic "stick" with an LED.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Well-Known Member

Here are my favorite memories of Dinobot in beast mode. The nightmare inducing snarl he gave BA after he took her down in Call of the Wild and this hilarious exchange with Cheetor at the end of Equal Measures. Can MP Cheetor pull off that face?
    callofwilddinoba.jpg
    equalmeasuresdinoche.jpg

CotW also had a pretty good shot of Cheetor and Dinobot for trying to picture how big that lizards gonna be.
    maximalbeast.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. MaximusPrime2002

Google+:
    Alright. I know this isn't quite the place to say this, but I can't find anywhere else more suitable, and I must eliviate my pain.

Have you ever watched a cartoon or a show for a long time, and then your thoughts sound like one of the characters? Because that's exactly what has happened to me! Everything I think sounds exactly like Tarantulas! It's almost as if he's in my head, and he won't leave! Even now as I write this, it is not I who am speaking, but him! Everything I think, everything I read, everything I write I hear him! Never before have I needed to try this hard to suppress maniacal laughter!

14. MaximusPrime2002

Google+:
    Alright. I know this isn't quite the place to say this, but I can't find anywhere else more suitable, and I must eliviate my pain.

Have you ever watched a cartoon or a show for a long time, and then your thoughts sound like one of the characters? Because that's exactly what has happened to me! Everything I think sounds exactly like Tarantulas! It's almost as if he's in my head, and he won't leave! Even now as I write this, it is not I who am speaking, but him! Everything I think, everything I read, everything I write I hear him! Never before have I needed to try this hard to suppress maniacal laughter

15. geekatron prime

geekatron prime your sister's nephew's cousin's former roomate TFW2005 Supporter

You sure your not actually blackarachnia? From those episodes when tarantulas's mind was in hers, and could hear him. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  16. MaximusPrime2002

Google+:
    Very funny. Though you are not too far off.

The lines between fiction and reality have blurred within my mind, and with each passing moment, I become less Maximus, and more predacon spider.

17. geekatron prime

geekatron prime your sister's nephew's cousin's former roomate TFW2005 Supporter

If you start shooting webs out of your butt, I will be sure to steer far away. :) 
    Hopefully they show Dinobot in the next couple of weeks. Maybe that will help silence the voices. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I wouldn't. An "effect" would just look like two sticks jutting out of his head and ending abruptly. At least green LEDs would simulate how his eyes power up before shooting.

It takes a lot to make an effect part look like a real effect and not just a clear plastic thing sticking out of a toy.

19. Chopper Face

Checking this thread everyday like-

WHERE. IS. DINOBOT?!!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  20. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Well-Known Member

Just reading about lights I don't think a green light will show through red eyes so some change out could be required. Apparently green is the best colour you can use for a visible beam with laser pointers too so imagine how crazy that could look if the beams are readable in a dusty or smokey environment.

• Like Like x 1