TakaraTomy Masterpiece Dinobot

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron Great Again!

Right? 3 months and we still don't know what this damn thing looks like? I'm not a BW guy, but I just want to see the darn figure! SHOW ME THE FIGURE!!!

• Like Like x 3
  2. MaximusPrime2002

MaximusPrime2002 Well-Known Member

Google+:
    So I'm watching some old BW episodes, and I just realized something. Who else thinks that DB should come with crap ton of guns and the amo bandleaders he has in comeing of the fusors.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Honestly? I wouldn't want it. It'd be cool, but it'd bump the price up big time for accessories that appeared all of twice.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

I've already bought 2 1/6 scale bandoleers and a similar gun to the one he uses in COTF so I'm fully prepared for TT to not include any accessories (other than the Gooden Disc of course!)

Also- I think it'd be pretty sweet if we get our first look at Dinobot on page 100. That's a nice round milestone number which would really soothe my OCD gene and give his announcement a real sense of fatefulness.
    But there's over two weeks till the Tokyo toy show and somehow we keep finding new ways to talk about Dinobot. Maybe page 111 is more likely and would be even more pleasing!

• Like Like x 2
  5. MaximusPrime2002

Google+:
    The same could be said of Cheetor's butt gun.

6. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cheetors butt gun appeared in almost every episode that both he and tigatron were in, which is more than two

• Like Like x 1
  7. MaximusPrime2002

Google+:
    You're thinking of the gut cannon. Either that or I have them mixed up. All I know is that one gun is used SIGNIFICANTLY more than the other.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Except Dinobot's Coming of the Fuzors weapons aren't part of his body.

You have them mixed up. The pink-gutted, more traditionally sci-fi shaped gun is the one Cheetor used as a default. However Tigatron (being a Cheetor retool) used the exact same gun as his default weapon, except in white and green. So to help distinguish them, any time Cheetor and Tigatron shared an episode, Cheetor switched to his butt gun, the one that looks more like a normal rifle and has the wide rear section. So it was used quite often, just not as mch as his normal gun. Certainly more than twice, though. He at least used it three times, once in Tigatron's intro episode, once in The Probe, and once in Law of the Jungle. (it even had its own sound effect)

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  9. MaximusPrime2002

Google+:
    Huh. I did not know that. That is very interesting. I'm gonna go rewatch season 1 and keep an eye out for that.

10. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, split lip has it right, cmon with a name like mine I know just about all the tigatron trivia there is to know :p 

• Like Like x 1
  11. MaximusPrime2002

Google+:
    Then you souls also know how stupid it is that TT hasn't announced an MP Tigatron yet, even though we've had Cheetor for months now!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ha ha, Tigatron is going to be the Beast Wars fan's Sunstreaker. Five years after Sideswipe, the G1 fans are still waiting for the other Lambo twin.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm hoping he hasn't been announced yet because they're planning on making him his own larger mold that only shares engineering with cheetor

• Like Like x 2
  14. MaximusPrime2002

Google+:
    That's what I'm expecting! And it's not like it'd be that hard. Hell, I can list off everything TT needs to do mold wise.

All they need to do is take cheetor, bulk him up a bit, maybe do a bit of up scaling, give him a new robot chest head, and new beast and bot faces, which are already separate pieces.

• Like Like x 1
  15. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The main trick is going to be making him taller (tigatron was at least as tall as Optimus and just as broad) and bulking up his mid section so he isn't as skinny

• Like Like x 1
  16. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    Tokyo toy show is june 1st so should be 2 weeks time :) 

• Like Like x 2
  17. MaximusPrime2002

Google+:
    So have we made a solid unified prediction on how the laser eyes are going to work?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

I say all the faceplates will have cutout eyeholes and inside the head will be a clear LED which you can slot either a red or green bar over so every expression could have either tone; and maybe, just maybe we'll also get a set that has extending green beams which would be inserted over the LED and then we'd have to thread the faceplate through the eyeholes over them. That'd be cool.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MaximusPrime2002

Google+:
    I see several problems with this.
    1. Having the eyes cut out would sacrifice the look of the robot face whenever you don't want him to be using the eye beens.
    2. Give the amount of depth that the eyes have on mp face plates, I don't think they'd be very secure, and would be falling our all the time.
    3. Why would you want any expression to use them? I don't think he ever used his eye lasers while he had a big grin on his face. Whenever he shot them, he almost always had the same expansion.
    4. What are the red ones for? Weren't the lasers always green?

I don't follow. Could you give me some sort of visual representation?

Personally, the way I think they should work is that in addition to all the faces he comes with, he'll have one non transformation friendly face, with the beems built in.

20. stormflash

stormflash Well-Known Member

No but he always kinda had an angry expression when he did it right?Like he didn't smile but he wasn't emotionless either.He had he's mouth open whether be it slightly like he's gritting he's teeth or shouting with he's jaws wide open.When dinobot destroyed the golden disc,he was shouting "in pain" when he shot his laser 'cause he was almost to the point of exhaustion.I mean he shot lasers with a neutral face expression i'm sure but he did it with expressions as well.

I mean if laser eyes shot out of your eyes i'm pretty sure you'd be screaming as well ;) 

• Like Like x 2