TakaraTomy Masterpiece Dinobot

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    He wants his toys and he wants them NOW DAMMIT ! ( I don’t get it either. He clearly seems spoiled )

• Like Like x 2
  2. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, I love the wait. It separates the real fans from those who want him on impulse.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since they used the Hot toys factory for Sunstreaker, maybe they wanted to use it again for Dinobot and due to circumstances of using the facility they had to go with a later date (July). I just wished they would have made him 43 or 44 then so we could get some numbered release before July.

4. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Nah man, let's not do any gatekeeping. A real fan is anyone who wants to be a fan.

• Like Like x 10
  5. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LS3.jpg
    LS1.jpg
    LS2.jpg
    Lucky Star is my bible.

• Like Like x 1
  6. smkheidze

smkheidze GEEEEE-WUNNER MOFO!

you sir, have my respect.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To a certain extent, I agree with you. However, the point I'm trying to make is on impulse buying. Of course, far be it from me to tell others how to spend their money. But if your love for the character or a toy fizzles out after all the initial hype has passed... Perhaps your money is better spent elsewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but I wouldn't even say that spending the money on the figure is a sign of a real fan. Anyone can be a real fan. There are just some real fans who are willing to wait as long as needed and spend what they can to get the figure, and there are other real fans who won't. They may not be expressing their fandom in a healthy way (binge buying when you can't afford it, needing right now without any patience), but I wouldn't ever suggest they aren't fans unless they express their fandom the exact same way I do.

• Like Like x 3
  9. oku

oku Oh.

News Credits:
    Real fans wait for KOs.

• Like Like x 8
  10. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I can't wait for Dinobot, but at the same time i can actually wait for it, every month for it, it'll be a hard and tedious time, but in the end, it will be worth the wait, and i'll end so amazingly excited and happy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    It depends on the perspective, there's no "real fan", there are just fans with different priorities and projects in their life, they'll end the same way, when Dinobot i'ts finally released, those "type" of "fans" will end up buying it, not matter what they've done, let them be free, and you will be free, that's a person with common sense.

12. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    Oh I agree wholeheartedly. Personally I was merely bemoaning the unprecedented wait(and price) of a figure that I CAN"T WAIT to get my hands on. The time from announcement to release is way passed the point at which anyone could be called impatient or entitled for occasionally getting a little frustrated with. I find it really odd that you can't related to that frustration but hey, it takes all sorts to make a world. Personally I sympathise with it. Yeah I'll live, Transformers isn't the be all and end all, I have plenty of other things to keep me busy but I'm not going to pretend the wait isn't longer than I'd like. IT'S CRAZY LONG!

Nope can't agree with you there. For me having it IS the best part. Hype is a terrible thing, it builds up unrealistic expectation that often causes disappointment. I tend to avoid posting in here because, due to the wait conversation has stagnated, everything that can be sad has been said over and over ad infinitum, it's exhausting. Instead enjoying what I have, I'm still very much enjoying 'MP Primal, MP G1 Megatron, Cheetor, etc' way more than Im enjoying the 'idea' of MP Dinobot. Because for now that is all he is, an idea and some images on the internet of a figure that can't come out soon enough for me.

Aaaaand we are back to 100% agreement again.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  13. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
  14. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Still no Grimlock digibash?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

How many figures do you have? At one point or another you made a decision to buy each an every one of them. You wanted all of them.

Do you still enjoy all of them? Do you regular transform all of them? I'm not saying that I don't enjoy my figures at all, there are some that I very regularly take out and play with. Transformer Prime First Editions, ROTF figures, several of the transmetals, and my masterpiece figures all do get played with regularly. Heck, I just took my fanproject crossfire Bruticus out and played with it for a while. I really enjoy these figures.

But I cannot honestly say I play with any of them like I did when I first got it. When it was new and it was fresh and exciting. That'd be a lie. While I enjoy the figures, I cannot possibly say they make me happy. I don't have a sense of fulfillment in my life from them.

What I do get from this hobby is a great sense of anticipation. Something to look forwards to. A reason to be excited that another day has passed because I really want that next item. I personally think this is the healthiest way to enjoy this hobby, because focusing on the 'having' aspect generally is going to leave you feeling empty.

16. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    Just Transformers? Less than 30 I reckon. I used to have a lot more and suffered the same issue you seem to be having. A large percentage of my collection just sat there gathering dust and not really making me happy. So one day I just sold everything I felt I could live without. I've barely looked back, there's maybe only a handful of figures I miss from the cull but on a whole I'm much happier with a small concise collection of only what makes me happy.

Yes I still enjoy all of them, if I find I'm not enjoying one I sell it on. I don't regularly transform them all, some just don't have super pleasing transformations and, if I'm honest I collect mostly to pose and display and get my enjoyment from that. Every time I handle or even look at them I get that buzz, just glancing at MP Cheetor across the room right now I feel the same excitement I felt on opening up his box that first time.

Clearly you are different, and that is perfectly fine. You enjoy the anticipation, if I'm honest I do to, but I have limits to how far that can be stretched. Dinobot is really testing those limits for me, that's all I'm saying. That and I feel it's perfectly reasonable to feel a little frustration over how long it's taking for such a highly anticipated figure to find it's way into our hands.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Well as long as you are being honest with yourself, it's all good with me. How you do your hobby, as long as your happy, is your business. My personal experience, and my observation of others, had led me to believe that people often focus too much on what they do and don't have, and don't enjoy the journey of getting reaching that next step. This leads to a lot more disappointment and frustration than necessary. If that doesn't apply to you, then what I'm saying doesn't apply. Keep doing you.

• Like Like x 1
  18. hellex

hellex Well-Known Member

There's some truth to this, after all real fans will always be broke buying all sorts of HasTak stuff, they can only afford KOs. :) 

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I've got plenty to keep me busy between now and July. Trust me, I don't want MP Dinobot out this soon. :lol  I still have MP36, and a shitload of model kits on preorder. And that's ignoring retail stuff along the way.

I'm a okay with the wait. Knowing he's really coming and that he looks great takes it from unbearable to acceptable.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    There’s no wrong answer here. If you like the wait and still feel the anticipation then that’s good for you; if you just wish you could have Dinobot in your hands because that’s when the fun starts then that’s an equally valid way to enjoy collecting.

I remember writing months back how I knew this wait would be testing and it’s gonna sting but part of me always wanted there to be this long build up to Dinobot’s release purely because of what this figure represents to me (and most of us here) and because, once he’s out, it’s over. I’m unlikely to ever care this much about another toy again.

All the years of dreaming, longing, wondering if the day will ever come when a decent Dinobot figure will be announced is a huge part of the process for myself and Dinobot will be imbued with all of that emotional history. That part of the process is over as we now know he’s coming and it was wonderful getting the news of his MP announcement which has kicked off this current stage of which we’re basically on the home stretch now. Pre-orders are locked in, promotional images and a video are out, it’s just a few months more now; really no time at all in comparison to the 22 years of wondering if anyone will ever make a Dinobot figure which actually resembles the character.

I believe you have to deal with a release such as this in phases or you’ll just go insane if you look at the wait as a whole from first hearing about a companies’ plans to make the figure to its eventual release as one single huge block of time. We haven’t even seen him fully painted at a show yet so there’s still that to help break-up this segment of the wait and that will surely reignite the excitement for those of us currently waning. We don’t even know if we’ve seen the official print paint technique in any of the coloured images or if it was a hand painted proto so there are still more reveals to come.

• Like Like x 1