TakaraTomy Masterpiece Dinobot

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Feb 18, 2017.

1. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you counting right, even giving you outsider and berserk which aren't happening this year they are about tied
    MPM-Bee Grapple A rtfire
    MPM-Prime Megatron Primal (RP)
    Cheetor Nemesis. Sideswipe
    Sunstreaker 15/16 X Prime
    Starscream Soundwave. Rumble/BS
    Frenzy/Ravage. Dirge
    and unlike FT with the exception of cheetor were out on time.

2. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    Competition?

Takara(Tomy)?

Yes its been a slow year for official MP's and a bumper year for 3rd Party products but really comparing the two doesn't really serve much of a purpose. TT can afford to take their time, people will mostly gravitate towards official (as they should do), whereas 3P's are in a race against each other and TT to be the first with each character they attempt in order to maximise profits.

Yes that is frustrating but my wallet is glad of the break and good things come to those who wait (hopefully).

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I still maintain the figure may just not be ready. Yes, it looked far enough along, but their could be structural or engineering issues they need to sort out. Connections that are too weak, stuff like that.

• Like Like x 2
  4. geekatron prime

geekatron prime your sister's nephew's cousin's former roomate TFW2005 Supporter

Another thing needs to be considered. Third party can crank out more MP style figures, because thats all they do. Takara/Tomy doesn't just have Transformers, they have other toylines also. So they have to time the releases to accommodate all the different things they make. May have several factories going at once, but still have to schedule different toy lines to be made at the same time. Thats my take on it anyway. ;) 
    For now though, bring on MP Dinobot!!!!

5. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    I think it would be prudent for them to get to a point where this line is their ultimate focus and the releases speed up. I think they could double the release schedule and still be viable. It would hurt 3rd parties, but that can't be their concern.

I am disappointed we haven't seen more of this at this point. All of this lull for a failed movie, seems pretty stupid considering we could see it coming.

6. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Berserk is slated for July 2017 according to BBTS. I highly doubt it to be released in July, I do see it being released in 2017. Outrider and Kup are also slated to be released this month, but again, I doubt either of those will be in July. Definitely 2017 releases, though.

Fans Toys still beats Takara in terms of NEW Molds. Repaints, Reissues, Retools, and variants don't count as "NEW" molds.

Auto-Correct has brought me down to my knees again. Sorry. :(  Ye, "competition", TAKARA. Ugh, I'mma gonna' fix them now...

While many will gravitate to the official products from TT, it does pose a weakness to potential profits for TT. While there is a LOT of love for the new MP Sunstreaker, there is also a number of people who are happy with BadCube's Sunsurge and won't bother with the MP. A loss is a loss. Look at how many Kups and Springers are coming out. NOTHING from Takara regarding those. Same for Hoist and Trailbreaker. Tamara won't get to those two for another year. I would rather see Takara be a leader of the back and not a follower.

The LAST thing I would want TT to do is rush. Pushing out products too quickly leads to poor quality and generally poor products all-around. So all I'm asking is just a bit more. It's been more than a year since we got an MP G1 car, for example. And the BW MP's are moving at a snail's pace. I don't want TT to move as fast as 3P's, I just want them to turn just a bit more. 1 or 2 MP's more this year would have made tons of people here happy. And we're all fed-up with MP-11 and MP-10 variants. The line needs more momentum to keep up interest and focus on TT, and less on 3P.

Very true. But TT is also a MUCH larger company with vast resources compared to most (if not all) 3P companies. I don't think TT is taking their MP Transformers line seriously enough. It may be that they have a different viewpoint over there in Japan regarding TF's in general? I don't know. I'm not expecting them to double production. I'm just asking for a bit more attention to the MP line. They tease and tease, and we wait an eternity for scraps.

It could also be that the MP line has undergone changes in the design approaches. We started off with a much larger MP-01 and MP-05, then we went smaller like with MP-08. Then TT made MP-10 as the new official scale standard for future MP releases that followed. Then they changed their design approach to have the MP's look more animation accurate with less concentration in realism. Now TT has decided to make the future MP's be focused on articulation. So it gives me the impression that they just can't make up their minds, and this also leads to more unnecessary delays.

I agree, but not to double their production. That would sacrifice design time and hurt the quality of the line. It doesn't do any good to churn out junk MP's. If they would at least devote more resources to where we would see 1 or 2 more new MP's per year, that would be good enough. Most of us don't want to be in our 80's to finally finish the G1 Ark crew. At the current pace, it sure feels like that's how long it will take. :lolol 

7. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    If we don't see the prototype at either WonFes this month or their own thing (TransFes I believe it's called?) in August, then I'm worried.

But I fully expect Dinobot to be displayed at one of those events, and if all goes really well it might actually be a finished, painted protype with pre-orders following soon. That would be fantastic!

8. levandowski

levandowski Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I would be surprised if we don't see the next beast wars figure they are releasing after dinobot at TranFest.

9. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    As a grayscale prototype next to the fully painted Dinobot one? That would be sick. Especially if it's Rattrap and they have them posed like they're bickering with each other:

"Why am I unpainted?"
    "Because a true warrior has to enter the battlefield of collection first, vermin!"
    "But all that paint is wasted on your ugly mug, chopper face!"

:lol 

I don't believe it until I see it though, for now my hype is all for Dinobot, if there’s more announced so close to him than great, if not then that's fine too.

10. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    Pffft...I'll believe that when I see some solid proof. TT/Hasbro are still the big (and legally in the right) dog in all this. They have the economy of scale, they can produce much higher volumes with better prices and/or profit margins. I guarantee you MP Sunstreaker will sell MANY more units than BadCube's Sunsurge. I don't believe there is a snowball in hell's chance TT will make a lost or even notice a Sunsurge sized dent in thier profits.

I'd rather see Takara put out the better product, which overall they generally do. Takara are not following, they are leading. The 3rd parties are doing some great work but they are standing on the shoulders of giants to do it.

Yes 2017 has been a slow year and I am a little disappointed but it followed a bumper year. In 2016 TT put out 5 original moulds and at least 6 repaints/remoulds. That was a record for them, the MP line has always moved at a glacial pace, you either accept it or fill in the gaps with 3P offerings. That's just the way it is.

Maybe you're taking it too seriously? A watched pot never boils, take a breath and enjoy whatever other interests you have. What you crave will get here eventually. I mean we ARE getting an MP Dinobot! Can you flipping believe that? People would have laughed us off these boards for suggesting such a thing 5 years ago! It's amazing and having fancifully dreamt of Beast Wars MPs for well over 10 years now I can definitely wait another 6 months or so.

We are truely living in a golden age if you can complain that 6+ highly articulated, show accurate, high quality, collectors peices a year isn't enough. Not to mention the unwarranted luxury that is having 3rd parties giving you even more options in between that.

• Like Like x 4
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Getting impatient for an MP is like getting impatient for a package. It'll come when it comes, and getting upset isn't going to make it go any faster. But you can still be anxious.

Honestly I still find myself riding the hype of the mere notion of its existence. It's like yeah, Dinobot's coming. That's satisfaction in and of itself.

• Like Like x 4
  12. levandowski

levandowski Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    My guess is that it would be a repaint of cheetor into shadow panther or tigatron. There wasn't a lot of time between the release of MP-32 and the MP-38 announcement.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    I too would not be surprised to see a Cheetor repaint in the not to distant future. Shadow Panther seems the most likely (que off topic discussions about how appropriate it will be without extensive remoulding to the beast mode, followed by endless debates about Tigatron needing an entirely new mould).

• Like Like x 1
  14. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    :lol 

Shadow Panther would be cool, especially if they include an alternate mutant head-face for the regular Cheetor, but I look forward to the new molds more. Even though BW Megatron is a favorite of mine, at this point I'll prefer it if they do Rattrap & Rhinox after Dinobot so I can have a basic Axalon crew in my display case first.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    My thoughts exactly. It would be a crying shame not to get Megatron but the entire Axalon crew would be a dream come true (although strictly Dinobot isn't one of them).

• Like Like x 1
  16. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    this and this! Well BW Megs can be a drama-queen at times, so........ :lolol 

• Like Like x 1
  17. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

I always imagined in some alternate universe, BW Megs was wearing drag and voiced by Tim Curry lol. :D  "yeeeEEEees."

18. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    Gah! Cannot un-see in mind. thanks alot. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  19. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

^ I's sorry. :(  Lmao.

Also on the topic of MP release pace...

I think the real reason for the difference in pace between TT and 3Ps, even discounting the number of companies (1 vs several,) is just the difference between truly mass produced consumer products and everything entailed in that (safety standards, testing, etc.) and companies which, while they usually have good QC nowadays, are ultimately just producing limited quantities selling to a niche audience, without having to technically meet any of those stringent requirements.

They're also (3Ps that is,) frankly, not hamstrung by corporate realities and concerns. Moreover, they have far fewer employees, fewer hands in the kitchen if you will. Fewer people to answer to (no one really but themselves and their customers.)

So comparing TT to 3Ps in terms of quality or aesthetics or what have you is fair, since, hey, they're both products in competition with one another, we as consumers are naturally going to compare. But comparing them as business entities, both in terms of design and production pace, and in terms of their fiscal realities and other limiting factors, is really apples and oranges.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lolol  Well done!

I do hope to see a nearly finished Dinobot by then, and a prototype of some sort for the next MP Beast Wars. I hope for a BW Megatron. Big naughty purple T-Rex is a MUST! It would also be cool to see a retool/repaint of Cheetor into Tigatron.

That's debatable. But I'll just agree to disagree and leave it at that. :) 

Agreed for the most part. But I think you're putting TT on too high of a pedestal.

I can agree to this. Makes sense to me.

Maybe I am getting too impatient? Maybe not. Maybe a combination of things? I am extremely excited we're getting an MP Dinobot. At the same time, there are so many other great characters to make as well.

Well stated. Totally with you on this.

Typical Dinobot, though. Like a true warrior, he'll be there when HE is goddamn ready! Fine. He better be awesome....as he should rightfully be.