TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive MP-11NT Thrust

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Jun 8, 2016.

1. monish

monish Not a Negatron!

News Credits:
    In my experience bbts takes about 2 days before they ship

2. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Sure if you want to wait for it to travel half way around the world, hope there isn't a language barrier or a problem with their customer service or something else. Then wait again for it to come half way around the world back. Same but not the same.

Mine processed and shipped the same day. It's already on a UPS truck. I think it takes longer if you do pile of loot though. I leave it off and it goes out pretty much immediately unless there is a problem.

3. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    POLs? Yes, but when it comes to new figures, they usually ship either the day they get them in, or the next.

4. danny boy

danny boy Banned

News Credits:
    Optibotimus review. Nothing but praise. Great review. Well done TT for yet another fine addition to the MP line up.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  5. alty66

alty66 Well-Known Member

Processing at TCP!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    What a piece of crap.

7. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Pot = kettle...

• Like Like x 4
  8. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    I wish I had gotten this instead of Ramjet.

9. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  10. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  11. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  12. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Forwarder's fees paid! Now to wait for it to arrive in a few days.

13. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    The way I read your response sounds like a personal insult.

The loose back kibble flopping around looks like total shit and bad engineering ruins the figure and an otherwise great face sculpt. Plenty of time to fix this since Ramjet. Weak effort TT.

14. Dista

Dista Old Skool Crackhead

Mixed feelings on this one.

I love the face sculpt, and Thrust has always been my favourite seeker visually (although admittedly, I prefer the G1 toy look with the normal head, not the conehead!).

Things I don't like:

-The white / purple knees. Cartoon accurate, yes, but aesthetically horrific. They just don't belong there and are totally incongruous to the rest of the design.

-The colour. It's nice, but again, I miss the rich ruby red that Thrust was. I don't like this flat toon style at all. Sucks the vibrancy out of it.

-Kibble, kibble, kibble. I think the wings could have been integrated better in robot mode.

To be fair though, this mold is OLD now. I'm looking forward to Dirge so I can move on!

15. hugoboss

hugoboss Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Has anyone who went through TT Mall get their shipping notification from Tenso? I got the shipping notice from TT Mall on the 26th but nothing from Tenso yet.

16. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Hope to hear some "in hand" reports from you all soon. Won't have mine till Tuesday

17. Mikesee

Mikesee Well-Known Member

I have had him for a day now. I will start with what I do like about him. I have transformed him a few times and his transformation is solid as solid as one can expect from the MP11 mold. I really like his jet mode, as someone who never had the G1 Thrust I cannot make that comparison with the old toy. With that being said, his jet mode really resembles the cartoon accurately. So, just what the reviewer mentioned in the video for the animation purists, the look is really good. One of the main reasons why I had to get this figure is because of the face sculpt and the face sculpt looks really nice. His snarl really sets him apart from the other seekers; giving him a bit of character. Although I don’t regret getting Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker and Sunstorm, the uniform face devoid of any emotion that could set them apart is a bit monotonous. So, this snarl is a welcome addition and much needed variation on my shelf of the ‘Jeticons’. Coming to the wings now, personally I find the wings rather nicely tucked away when he is in robot form; I do not find them intrusive and hindering. The chest piece is rather tight; emphasis on rather here. It is not as troublesome as Starscream and Sunstorm (and Ramjet), but it could be slightly tighter and less loose. If you choose to leave the cannons on the wings, that could cause a slight imbalance when he is standing or when you are putting him in different poses. I choose to remove them in robot form, so he doesn’t have the tendency to lean backwards. Another plus for me is the foldable null ray cannons; I found the null ray cannons a bit hindering when transforming Ramjet but with Thrust it isn’t much of issue because of foldable trait.

With everything taken into consideration, I have to say that I like this figure and I find him to be an aesthetically welcome addition on my shelves. For those who value cartoon accuracy, then I do think that this figure is worth it.

Possible quality control issues: A friend of mine ordered Thrust as well and there is a slight chip in the paint on the nose. He is sending his back to get a replacement and I thought it might have just been bad luck on his side. However, when I saw the photo in post 813, I noticed that that particular figure also had the paint chip. One instance might be construed as a coincidence; two could also be a coincidence but given the QC issues with the previous Takara masterpieces it might be an (rather severe) oversight.

This is the first time I have written a review for this forum and I hope it helps those of you who are still ambivalent about getting this particular masterpiece. By the by, I am not good as putting them into imposing and fantastic poses, so I won’t even attempt to try but I do find him quite posable.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 9
  18. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Excellent pictures all around. I've got a little bit of a wait till I get mine. I'm waiting on some more POL to drop so I'm looking at the end of December probably. Now BRING ON DIRGE!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not yet, When I ordered Thundercracker Tenso said it took long to get my stuff out because they didn't recognize the Japanese name but had sent an email saying that had fixed it.I haven't got anything yet so I' m beginning to wonder.

20. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits: