TakaraTomy Live Action Movie 10th anniversary Reissues

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Oct 7, 2016.

1. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm no fan of grimlock figure I'll pass regardless what colors he's in not figure for me he looks little better but not to much for me want to buy figure

2. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I'm liking that Brawny (or is it Roadbustery?) color scheme on Grimlock.

3. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream Hi.

News Credits:
    I wonder if Leader prime still has the electronics.

4. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    [​IMG]

5. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...and from what I understand, Japanese voice clips. (^.^)

Also, I still am picking up this guy even though I plan to pick up 3 of MPM Prime. This mold has played a huge role in revitalizing my interest in Transformers toys and my original 2009 toy has been with me for almost a decade, providing me with countless hours of entertainment and joy. Not only has it marveled me, I have shown him off to many people over the years and he has both astounded and amazed. I consider ROTF Leader Prime to be the embodiment of the best aspects of Transformers toys and the epitome of the pinnacle of Transformers toy engineering. For me, this 10th Anniversary mold is a symbolic and sentimental purchase. As much as I love him, I don't own any copies of this mold other than the original 2009 Leader and Buster. So, it's kind of poetic and fitting, to own both the first renditions of the mold and the final. It rounds off the experience perfectly for me and it's a perfect sendoff to one of my favorite Transformers figures of all time. It's also a perfect figure to pass the baton on to MPM Optimus Prime. As sad as it is, we're long overdue for a figure to dethrone him and usurp his position as the best Optimus Prime figure.

With a heavy heart, it's time to say good bye and to Transform and Transcend.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Now thinking on that, hasbro and takara could milk the MPM mold af till dry the cow.

7. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How/where can I purchase the leader movie best 10 year anniversary Optimus Prime? 

8. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love how this Grimlock is playing even harder into the "Dino Sentai" thing by straight up having the MMPR Green colors and layout.

9. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  10. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  11. SkyJosh16

SkyJosh16 Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    So does that Strafe figure come with the flight stand or does it not come with it

12. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The colours on Grimlock look better, but it\'s still a terrible alt mode that doesn\'t really look much like on screen appearance, other than both vaguely resembling a t-Rex. Strafe looks ok but I think I prefer the TLK repaint, despite the inaccurate red eyes.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I was never a big fan of the Dinobots in AOE (mostly because of how throwaway and underutilized their characters were on screen) but I do have to admit the paint on the new decos are nice. The little mini figures of Optimus and Bee are nice touches too, but it's not quite enough for me to pick them up for me personally.

Oddly enough, I kinda prefer the boxed set of (most of) the Dinobots (plus standalone Sludge) all sharing the same chrome deco. Guess G1 nostalgia wins out for me there.

Well said. I just cracked open my APS-01U version of Leader Optimus and while I do like it a lot, it's time to retire the mold and move on to better things with the Movie Masterpiece line.

I just got a payment request from HLJ for Movie the Best Leader Optimus and this will be my last purchase of the mold. He'll be my 6th iteration of this figure; Buster combined with Fans Want It ROTF Jetfire upgrade, APS-01 to keep in truck mode (combined with the UFO Annular trailer), the original TT retail Jetwing that my wife bought for me as a surprise Birthmas gift, TT Striker Optimus (perhaps still my fave version that I have displayed fighting against Leader Sentinel Prime), APS-01U to display next to 3A DOTM Optimus, and finally Movie the Best Optimus will be combined with FWI DOTM Jetwing upgrade (and displayed with another UFO Annular trailer in ring armory mode).

At least I get to display an Optimus with twin knuckle duster action. :D 

14. Cykill 1

Cykill 1 Well-Known Member

Liking the color scheme of the dinobots, Optimus Prime looks like a repackaging of an old mold though.

15. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  16. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  17. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind having the mini figures. But I've already got these molds coming out my ears. It's not worth getting more just for the mini figures. These are among the better decos the molds have had, but I have better versions.

18. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  19. sideswipe29

sideswipe29 Collect what makes you happy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Damn. I'm really conflicted now. I was convinced that Prime would have the gun metal gray and this normal plastic just does not look as good as what APS-01U had.

The price on this guy is a lot better though and it probably will be the last release of this mold. I really don't want to pass it up. The gray plastic just does not tie in well with the rest of the figure.

Not sure if I should wait and save up for an APS or bite the bullet and settle for this.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or wait for the new movie masterpiece mold which will hopefully be better than this one altogether. And have MP-quality paint. :thumb 

• Like Like x 2