TakaraTomy Legends Reissue Vote and LG and MP Series Survey

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    You can still get TR Megs cheap, but not this guy. What a shame.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Makes sense that Megatron didn't get reissued. He was in stock and on sale at HLJ for a pretty long time.

3. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Damn; I would've liked another shot at Megatron. I don't really care for the LG release as I prefer Hasbro's but for the heck of it I wanted all the versions of the mold and that's the only one I'm missing.
    The SDCC one is an option; might be someone out there splitting the sets.

4. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I agree with you for the most part that reissuing is unnecessary, but there are some releases like with Blurr that sold out quick that deserve at least one more run so people who missed out can grab one.

I also don't think a few reissues now and again have any effect on the pace of new figures, skipping a couple Deluxe reissues won't make stuff like Takara's Liokaiser come out any faster.

• Like Like x 1
  5. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Blurr goes for $50+ on the after market. Windblade is around $100+. Scourge goes for less...but I'm sure there are some Japanese fans who want a figure to put "Sweep"'s head on without importing the Hasbro version.

That was on the docket. Japanese fans decided they didn't want him.

Uhhh...this is a Japanese fan vote for REISSUES. Not new repaints.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes they're all going to be cancelled as BBTS gets their figures from TT... if they don't make them BBTS can't sell them.

7. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe Tak-Tom didn't get the required Pre-Order Quota?

8. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    That is exactly correct.

9. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

well yes i know that, obviously if its for the reissue that was cancelled, its cancelled, im not stupid.

what i don't know if their preorder is even FOR the reissue or not. i said as much in my first post. are they still perhaps waiting on a late shipment of the original? as december seemed awfully soon to expect the reissue to begin with if it were happening in the first place.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  10. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    That really sucks but I'd also say it's their own fault for making them Tomy Mall exclusives. If they weren't, they would have sold a LOT better, even just on pre-order numbers.

The original shipment for Legends Fortress Maximus is long-gone - it was almost a year ago. BBTS' listing was most certainly for the reissue.

11. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Reissues take no new planning of the figure itself so it mostly fund new molding if anything. Reissuing is about as necessary as this whole hobby but if there's demand I see only benefits from reissuing to allow those who missed it to get it fresh and not have to possibly go through scalped prices. I can say reissues have given me some opportunities personally; I'd not own Legends Arcee had they not reissed it and I managed to skip inflated prices for Hasbro's and get a nice G1 deco.

• Like Like x 1
  12. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I agree. Sometimes reissuing has it's benefits, especially when Takara themselves have increased demand for older releases.

There's a new Sweep head, might want to give people a chance at Scourge. There's Blurr's Targetmaster, it's nice to reissue Blurr himself. Trypticon came out, why not reissue his nemesis Metroplex? It makes sense. I bet if Scorponok was about to come out, that Fort Max reissue would have happened. I think Arcee already had two runs and both sold out, so why not do a third run if there continues to be demand?

Obviously not everything needs reissued, but it is fair with the more popular releases, especially in Japan where if you don't get in a preorder the more popular releases can be hard to find at retail.

13. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I do believe/agree on the point of reissues letting people whom missed out on the first time round, have another chance to scoop them up.

But reissuing a figure that was totally redundant (like Magnus) while Fort Max would have been more worthy is something I couldn't, for the life of me, understand.

14. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

It's Japan, space is a premium there so I'm not surprised more people voted for more smaller figures then the huge guy even I have trouble finding a place for in my "huge" american apartment (granted, along side Metroplex and Trypticon).

15. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Fort Max getting shafted one way or another seems to be a running theme in Japan. He got the least votes for the MP fan vote, he was the last figure in the Encore line (from what I hear due to poor sales), and now he got screwed out of a reissue. He just can't win

• Like Like x 1
  16. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

I wonder if it's also an economic thing, being the most expensive of all the TFs - buying him most certainly excludes buying several other things.

Then you also consider the space (as Crim mentioned above), where it's pretty difficult to display him in any mode, due to the larger size.

I, myself, was turned off by the price of this guy (even though I'd love a copy). I just hope it doesn't spell doom for future Titan releases.

17. Wackimus Prime

Wackimus Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think the biggest reason for poor sales of Fort Max is that they really dropped the ball on the mold. The ramps are too small, the tower is too small, there are no waist guns, they should have included his guns and minions and the city mode isn't correct. They should have remolded the legs to fold as original too. I think a lot of people were as disappointed with the lack of accuracy that I was. I've done a lot of work to correct those things but I shouldn't have needed to. He was just too much Metroplex and not enough Fort Max.

Also when Metroplex came out he also had electronics, scamper, shoulder guns and at least one hand gun (unless you went sdcc or takara). He also cost much less. I purchased one for my son at Christmas for $80 at Walmart. That was their regular price not sale price. I think the MSRP was $100 for Plex. MSRP for Fort Max at $150 and didn't include accessories and wasn't near as accurate, I can understand why it didn't sell as well. I also think they thought it would sell a lot better and over saturated the market giving us the Ollie's releases. They probably did this due to how well Metroplex sold. I think they learned and is why Trypticon is so, almost slavishly, accurate to the G1 mold. He has his issues and is missing a lot of accessories for the city mode but the dinosaur mode is spot on. I think quantity produced for him will be much less than Max.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

This really stinks. I have to wonder how much of "not enough preorders" is because TT Mall doesn't take overseas orders. Preorders through resellers probably didn't get counted.

19. carnerd3000

carnerd3000 "This is bad comedy."

Geez, they actually considered making a Masterpiece Fort Max at the time? I actually just looked up that vote that resulted in MP Star Saber, and I was even surprised to see they thought of making Optimus Prime from other continuities too. I'm also surprised that they didn't redeco Fort Max into Grand Maximus yet.

20. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest