TakaraTomy 711 MP10 Reveal 7/28

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gaokaiser, Jul 26, 2017.

1. ChuckTurds

ChuckTurds Active Member

Ditto man, it's pretty scuzzy behaviour. One of the problems with this sort of release (japanese address only) is that it's easy for profiteering to rear it's ugly head. I emailed him directly, but I don't expect a response.

2. ChuckTurds

ChuckTurds Active Member

Just got off the phone with Ebay, they gave me their PR B.S. line about looking into in and making sure the seller doesn't do it again. Basically, they said leave a review on their account (no details were provided on how to do that exactly). In short, nothing will be done, so there's no reason to expect that this won't happen again. Which means that this will be my first and last experience buying rare figures on eBay. The person on the phone didn't see to mind the loss of my business.

3. JC1

JC1 Well-Known Member

AE package got hit by customs UK. Will have to pay another £25 on top of the £272 which included shipping. Total cost £297. $412. Anyone else get hit to the U.K?

4. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's unlucky. Was it not marked down?

5. JC1

JC1 Well-Known Member

Not sure Sam. It’s been there since Sunday. Got an update today on the tracking service “ customs charges raised” So I called them and they informed me of the charge payable. But can’t pay this until it reaches the local hub. I’ll keep an eye on the tracking and pay over the phone so they can release it. Waited long enough anyway. I’m guessing they put the exact shipping cost at 5500jpy and value at 2200jpy LOL. Maybe cos of the size of the box it was pulled. Won’t stop me from ordering at AE though cos they do provide a really good service.

6. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A £25 charge at least means they didn't mark it as full value. I wonder if they forgot to mark it as a gift (or do they even usually do that?). AE packages have always been good at slipping through customs in Ireland. One of the few good things about living in Russia has been the ability to order from AmiAmi or HLJ without worrying about taxes.

7. JC1

JC1 Well-Known Member

It should be tax free for the world! Thieving bastards Lol.

The allowance is £15 and £35 for a gift. I don’t think AE mark gift only the value.

I think customs may have examined and valued it themselves. I’ll check the paperwork and get back to you on that.

8. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Enabler

News Credits:
  9. TrueHeresy

TrueHeresy Well-Known Member

I'm going to japan at the end of the month - any advice on where to check for this guy in person?

10. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    I think someone said earlier in this thread that it wasn't going to be in the stores, and that this was a web order only thing. I could be wrong.

11. ChuckTurds

ChuckTurds Active Member

Yes, I think I also read that the online orders are no longer available either.

Edit to clarify: by online orders, I mean online from 7 11. Ebay and the like will have it for a premium (that will likely only continue to rise). The time to act is probably sooner rather than later if you want it without needing to sell a kidney to finance it.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Yes. It's 100% not in stores. If you want to buy this you will need to go to a popular toy shop or toy area. If you find one at a store it will have been purchased online, and it will be sold at a premium. I expect the price to be the equivalent of $400 - $500 USD IF you can find it on a shelf. Best bet is to purchase the cheapest one you can find online. Happy hunting.

13. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    Yup. And Nippon Yasan sold out again. It was $35,000 Yen the last time. If they get anymore, I wonder how much it will go up the next time? :lol  Geez. Not even a week and it's jumped up 8,000 Yen (about $75.68 USD) :lol 

14. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    You’re screwed if you wait. I’m in Japan. There’s no other way to put it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. HolyCulture

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    It's true. If you want this... I mean... if you insist on owning this.... pull up your big boy pants, and pay what someone is asking TODAY. That's the only option. Other than that you're SOL. Do not expect to see one in person in Japan. They don't exist on the shelf. Online auction or Facebook sellers the whole way. eBay is a good source right now too. They will dry up in 7-14 days I think.

16. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    There's two on Yahoo Japan Auctions for a decent price so far. One for 24,000 Yen (ending in one day) and one for 20,000 Yen (ending in 6 days).

17. Optronix1087

Optronix1087 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't buy from this seller, zuluman0311 on eBay either. I Purchased from one seller who cancelled on me with no communication and this guy did the same too. I paid immediately and now my funds are sitting in limbo. I was able to get feedback placed fortunately.

18. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
  19. HolyCulture

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    bro... check out that guys sell history. 6 positive feedback. Joined 4 months ago. Only thing they sold are ONE DOLLAR PURCHASES. Red flags all over the place man. No one buy that. Also 25 bucks international shipping? Pssh yeah right lol. Scam.

ps All photos are stock photos. I'm sure you just overlooked this, and you'd be more hesitant about ordering from someone, but this is awful. I'd hate for one of you to get ripped off :( 

• Like Like x 1
  20. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    Yeah shipping from Anime Export was like $50 for EMS. For items like these I usually go on Buyee, sign in and look at the Yahoo Japan Auctions. But since people were looking on ebay, I thought I'd point that one out.