Takara's Prime toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OptimusPrimeFour, Apr 17, 2011.

?

Do you think Takara Prime toys will have shiny better paint jobs?

Poll closed May 17, 2011.
  1. Yes! Takara's will be better!!!

41.0%
  2. No! Takara's will look like Hasbro's

7.7%
  3. Not sure.

51.3%
  1. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

I am very curious to see if Takara will release the Prime toys with the shiny paint they most of the time use. We saw what the Hasbro versions look like, plain regular toy paint. The molds look great but I think they need better more screen accurate colors/paint schemes. Also i rather drop the money on better Takara Prime toys then give the shitty American retailers my money. (you can see I'm still really pissed about the Windcharger situation) What are your thought??? You think Takara will Make better shiny and more show accurate toys then Hasbro???

2. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Stick it to the man!

I like both takara and the hasbro version of most releases. I usually buy the ones i can get for a good price.

3. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Idk if prime is on tv in japan. I think they are still watching animated. It going to be a long wait for them.

4. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Yup. Certainly Takara would regard their release of TF: Prime toys as adult collectibles and follow through from their United line by making their paint apps more appealing to us die-hard collectors. IMHO, id like to see more screen accurate painted apps anyway, so rest assured that I too will be dropping my hard earned $$ on the TF: Prime figures that I already have on my list. :D 

5. OptimusPrimeFour

Yea man if Takara releases better paint apps ill drop the extra cash for it too. I usually try to buy the toys as show accurate as possible and the show has really great shiny "car paint" very reflective which i love and I hope Takara can pull it off. Just imagine how they will look on "the good ol' shelves" :drool: 

6. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    'Improved' paint on the Takara equivalent is conjecture. And refusing to buy Hasbro versions because of the Windcharger situation? Really? Misdirected anger much?

7. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Takara's will definitely have shining paint job, but more accurate? That is still unknown

8. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they wont look as good as America if they do shiny inaccurate paint Jobs like they did with Animated.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Honestly, I don't care what Takara's look like, I'm sticking with Hasbro's versions. I'm not going to pay three times the price for pointlessly shiny paint that'll most likely make them look less accurate than the Hasbro ones (like it did with their Animated figures).

Then you should be mad at retailers. Them ordering DotM stuff in advance and ignoring stuff that should be on shelves/pegs now is the reason Hasbro is looking for alternative ways to release Windcharger and the others.

10. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, I have a Takara animated optimus and while it is awesome it's far from acurate.

11. OptimusPrimeFour

You miss my "direction of anger", I'm not mad at Hasbro at all! I know its the retailers to blame! If hasbro gave us all a LEGIT chance to purchase Windcharger and Frenzy/Rumble I would buy it on the spot, but if the POS retailer what to cancel the last line up of awesome RTS figures A WHOLE MONTH before DOTM toys! then screw them! I'd rather give my hard earned money to Takara releases if they are better.

12. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    ^Awesome. Never once regretted buying and paying a slight premium fot additional paint apps and Takara figures.

13. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    He says in the first post that he's mad at retailers, thus not giving them his money.

14. OptimusPrimeFour

Thank you.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Takara's decoes, if Animated is anything to go by, will be far from more accurate.

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ok, but why not then buy online? It's the big-box, brick-and-mortar retailers that are to blame. Online retailers, like BBTS for example, were all ready and hyped for the RTS scouts and legends. There are still ways to buy the Hasbro releases without giving your money to the retailers that are at fault.

Not trying to argue or anything, just pointing out that there's a way to not support the retailers, but still support Hasbro.

17. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    I don't know.... unless you are buying from online stores located overseas, you'll still be buying the Takara releases from American retailers right? You are still giving American retailers your money, albeit they are e-tailers, which just goes against what you stated in the first post...

18. OptimusPrimeFour

I'm not trying to argue ethier but there is NO WAY IN HELL im spending almost $100 for a $8 figure. I'd maybe bite on a price of $20 but nothing more. and BBTS and HTS from what im hearing around the boards and discusions lately are probably not going to restock those scouts. and I still havent seem them available for the retail price since the one time they were put up as "instock" about a month ago.

19. OptimusPrimeFour

Takara has nothing to do with american retailers like Target, Walmart and Toysrus? your loosing me a little bit.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Agreed on the part of Windcharger and other hard-to-find releases. Though I was intending my post to be about the Prime toys and future releases in general. I should have made that clear in that last post, lol.