TAKARA's new TF Countinuity - What do you think?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by archangel, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I wonder why Takara seems to think that this convoluted bull**** is somehow less confusing than just offering each series as a reboot of the franchise.....all the above info is even worse of a headache than the whole Binaltech storyline was.

Maybe it's just a difference in culture/viewpoint....I get the feeling that they're doing everything they possibly can to avoid saying "Yeah, this is a separate continuity, or a reboot of the franchise". The entire premise of Transformers demands a little suspension of disbelief, but pushing that too far just ends up looking stupid. It seems as though Takara thinks their fans are either stupid or such rabid G1 fans that they won't accept anything else.

2. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lolol 

3. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Oh, I know that. I was talking about other people. Not myself.

4. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

I have to give them credit for trying to fit everything into the same universe, however, reading it, makes my brain bleed.

5. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Yeah this shows why Hasbro should, if possible, tell Takara TO STAY THE F^&*(^ AWAY FROM THE STORY BOARD YOU CRAZY BASTARDS!!!

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read. The Multiverse is the best way to explain it period.

6. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

7. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    It's the entire translated G1 japanese timeline according to Takara. It's in-universe, so they'll be referencing events in stories and series, explaining retcons and such rather than saying 'this series happened here after that series'.

Don't get me started with the clusterfuck that bloody kiss players lolicon comic did to the Japanese continuity timeline.

8. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because I am intimidated by the titanic article:

What were Kiss Play's own contributions, and where the hell does the LIVE ACTION MOVIE fit in??!

*edit*

Read the timeline. That's a very creative way to fit everything together. :lol  Honestly I kinda like it, it's so perfectly insane.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  9. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Another reason why hardcore japanophile supporters of Takara are not quite all there: Back in 2006 when the final episode of Cybertron aired (well, chronologically the final episode), the episode was modified with still images of adult Rad, Carlos, Alexis and Kicker because Hasbro considered Cybertron a continuation of Armada and Energon.

This caused outrage among the fanboys and fangirls of Galaxy Force, because it Hasbro was messing with what was 'clearly' a standalone show.

However, none of them seemed to notice an appearance by Alexis, in her Energon animation model, in the both versions of the final episode, Japanese and American. http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Alexis_cybertron.jpg

10. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Oh gee! Like I need another confusing attempt to reconcile everything for the different shows.

I'll pass on all of it Thank You very much.

11. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    damnit takara

12. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream With Headmaster Cobra Commander

If George Lucas were in charge of the Transformers storyline we wouldn't have this problem.

13. butz

butz slippery when wet

Ick. What a massive clusterfuck of a mess... I guess let that be a lesson to ya about trying to tie everything together; sometimes its better just to let a series be a seperate continuity and leave well enough alone.

14. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Actually...

I think it was Gonzo (if I remember the name of Cybertron/Galaxy Forces' animators right). o.0

Takara originally wanted it to be a sequel to Energon/Superlink. But Gonzo wanted to strike out in a different direction. The signs are still there, if I remember all this right there's still mention of Unicron in some of the Galaxy Force DVD booklets for the earlier collections, and the fact that Master Megatron had adopted Unicron's armor was overly obvious in the toy that Takara engineered as well as in the information Hasbro gave on the toy itself.

Something must've gone wrong along the way, and Takara let Gonzo dick it up. But the root of the problem is definitely Gonzo for that muck up.

From the TF wiki-
    So it was an issue, but it was retconned?
    DN

15. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ugh. I hate it when they try and tie in things that in NO way can actually fit. But then again I have my own personalized take on the whole universe no matter who looks at it.

In my way of doing it G1 takes place but at the end of Rebirth there's a gap. A large one in fact. Within that gap retconning could allow humans to be unaware of TFs and for The A/E/C Trilogy to take place. That ends with a TRUE ending to the Great War between the Autobots and Decepticons. You see Megatron would never actually serender IMO that's why he was put out of commision once and for all. 300 years later is the home time of BW which we know what happens there along with BM. My guess if RiD were to take place in the same universe would be to fit it in the year 2000. You can fit it if you retcon some of DWs unified G1 universe in that the G1 bots were not active and the RiD bots were time travellers just like the BW characters(making the Autobots vs Predacons make more sense).

As for Kiss Play, the Live Action Movie, Animated, Alternators etc, well they all fit in their own universes.
    Kiss Play and Alternators was just odd storytelling. The Movie was MADE to be its own just like Animated is. Universe ties in the G1 comic, the cartoon universe, BW/M, DW Armada/Energon, and everything else together so that you can have a reason why for repaints with toys.

That's my take anyway.

16. Eradicator94

Eradicator94 Banned

QFT!!!

This thing they are saying by the movie is in G1 continuity is pure BS, and really not possible at all.:crazy: 

17. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Agreed.

Riiiiiight!!! :crazy: 

And let them make a mess of it too.

I'll keep my universes seperate Thank You very much.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2008
  18. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's also an episode where Slapper (I think) makes a reference to Vehicon drones. Sure it's a throw-away line just for fun, but if you were really looking for a time travel angle, there you go. They're from post BM Cybertron. :D 

19. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I'll always prefer one unified univertse to the constant franchise rebooting that brings no benefit to it at all.

But all the constant changes done and takara cramming all together into one is not the best way to go, but I'll give them a shot for trying to explaing things.

20. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I conceived a fanfic a couple of years ago that actually has the RiD bots returning to a post BM Cybertron with there being section of the planet that are techno-organic which is where the Maximals live and the Autobots live in the metal cities. It involved BW/M Megatron returning and taking over Fortress Maximus on Cybertron and used A LOT of the non-cartoon RiD bots.