TAKARA's new TF Countinuity - What do you think?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by archangel, Jan 25, 2008.

1. archangel

archangel Member

Do you like it? hate it?

For the Armada-Energon-Cybertron universe I think its was obvious - to bad they didnt do this earlier.

For the new and improved G1 universe I have some mix feeling. How TAKARA thinks the new TF Movie could be part of the original cartoon?

2. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Could someone explain the new the TAKARA continuity and how it differs from the US version of the movie?

I know the difference between Our Armadaverse and their trio of shows, but what is this about TF the movie being tied to G1?

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Takara's G1 goes something like:

G1 S1 & S2 - Car Robots - Animated Movie - Kiss Players - Season 3 - Japanese shows - Beast Wars Season 1 - Beast Wars Second - Beast Wars Neo - Beast Wars Metals (seasons 2 and 3) - Beast Wars Returns (Beast Machines)

The live action movie also goes in there, somewhere.
    The thing gets needlessly complicated with the connections made. Kissplayers has the girls go back to prehistoric Earth where Unicron is reborn after he conned the girls into gathering his energy, but Primus shows up and seals him, leaving Brave Maximus as a guardian. Brave Maximus leaves Earth after Car Robots, hence Unicron is no longer sealed and eventually manifests as Angolmois energy to destroy Earth, where Beast Wars Second then takes place in the distant future.

It's silly connections like that which sound almost like fanfic attempts to reconcile continuities, but they're official according to Takara.

Honestly I don't see why it all has to be one continuity. Just wait, Takara will put Animated between Zone and Beast Wars given the chance.

4. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

They should just bend over and take the "multiverse" explanation like us americans did... it makes things a whole lot less painful.

5. Futureruleroftheuniverse

Futureruleroftheuniverse Well-Known Member

Takara makes good toys and I loved Masterforce and Victory (never watched the Japanese Beast Wars yet, but plan to). But wt*!
    all I can say at this idea

6. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd put money on them doing just that at some point this year - shoehorning Animated into a newly-imagined time period between the end of the war and the Pred/Max reformatting.

7. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

So, how exactly does the live action film fit in?

I mean, it pretty much takes place what would be (chronologically any way) a few years after (or is it before in Japan) the 86 movie.

8. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't see anything wrong with the continuity, except for car robots and kiss players(wtf?). BW and BM happened before G1, but still follows along with it, and makes sense.

I read the supposed tie-in that Sol Fury posted, but it's retarded. Car robots was totally different(like A/E/C to g1), and kiss players is just some random loli crap.

That's just wrong on so many levels. At least they didn't try to stick A/E/C in that.

edit: I'd have far less of an issue of animated fitting between zone and beastwars, than I do car robots between season 2 and the movie.

9. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    And people bitch about Cybertron being shoehorned into A/E continuity. We got nothing on Takara.

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the explanation, dude! I've always wanted someone who could simplify what Takara is doing! :) 

11. archangel

archangel Member

fiting Car Robots is easy: 1) from TAKARA stand point it happens after a short unfinished manga they published a few years ago that at the last issue most Destron/Cybertron force are in space or damaged + Optimus & Megatron have vanished. and Fire Convoy & Gigatron and their soliders are from the Future/Alt.Dimintion. - This is the official explaintion

2) My explaintion is, Fire Convoy IS Convoy (G1 optimus prime), something happans that cuases the Humens to distrust the Autobots so most of them leave and the rest go underground (thats why prime change form). Gigatron is from some point in the future (maybe after BWII or BW Neo) - becuase they arrived from the future there has to be time displacement (like in the Target 2006 TF UK story) - so thats why G1 Megatron is missing. God Magnus IS Ultra Magnus but, this tells us how he got to earth and after Car Robots he will change his from and name to that of G1 Ultra Magnus. After Car Robots the Japanies Manga that predates Scramble City Happans and then Scrambe City the movie (this give a better time fram for Trypticon creation + fits well with Japans G1 TF manga).

For Kiss Player, thers no problem with continuity. in Japan season 3 happans in 2010 not 2006 so now TAKARA creats stories to fill this time gap, So Kiss Players happans in 2006/7.

I myself HATE this poronografic story and dont understand how any compeny that creates toy for children would ever aprove this sick story.

12. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

I don't think the connections are very seriousminded. Even if its up at their TF webpage.

But with the original Gundam series getting all matter of new merchandise spinoffs, novelizations and games based on it still and those peices need to be inserted into the timeline its understandable if SOME breed of Japanese fans need this. XD

13. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Whisky Tango Foxtrot????

14. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  15. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's called a headache. Takara should just stay in the engineering dept.(which obviously they are good at) & leave the storytelling component to Hasbro. dat's all.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    How do you guess that?

17. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm not really a fan. It's just so convulted, I'd prefer to pull a personal fanservice and have my own timeline. IN MY BRAIN.

Still, given that they obviously never planned to have it all come together, they did a reasonably good job making it work.

18. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    That was Takara's fault in the first place, man.

Hasbro and Takara developed Cybertron/Galaxy Force as a continuation from Energon. But then Takara had the AWESOME IDEA that it was now a new continuity, because they are morons who cannot effectively market toys, nor run a company, which is why they are owned by Tomy now.

I wished Hasbro was the company who had taken over Takara, so they wouldn't have to tolerate Takara's arrogant idiocy any longer.

That doesn't make any sense. Oh, and Scramble City is apparently set in 1986, because the human friends of the Autobots helping to build Metroplex are all based upon their 1985 designs. Oops, continuity error.

The real explanation is, Takara didn't want to confuse the (hopefully) many new Japanese Transformers fans the Movie would bring, so they shoved all of the continuities they could into the main 'G1' universe, and the remaining three as the Micron Trilogy.

Takara are not very good at writing Transformers fiction, so they ended up making things even more confusing.

19. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Well, I don't blame the Japanese. The TCC made hash of the TF continutiy in it's own comics. However, I'm with you I don't see why it has to be one continuity. Personally though, it all looks like G1 to me, and it won't end in Beast Wars!:crazy: :lol 

20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm... looks like a bunch of overly complicated nonsense to me...