Takara's BT-17 Ginrai and BTA-04 Black Convoy Cancelled?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Alfalover

Alfalover New Member

Sorry , i will no speak in mouth of others more, about abort (i must said cancelled) sorry , but i am not native english and sometimes i can't find the correct words, to explain my ideas and things i am thinking.

i said happy because, that this truck will not be Ginrai(optimus) because it will not be a good optimus, i think optimus must be a comboy.

Saleen S7 is a good supercar , is like a Pagani Zonda, Corvette is a good price car no dubts , i only points that technicals solutions that surprise europe people, personally i think indepent suspension solutions are better, here in europe we have two problems one is fuel price around 1€ (aprox 1.1$) liter , and second that i won't talk is space.

a part of europe people puts his hands on head when say engines size, sample my every day car (and the only car) is a 1600cc petrol engine that develops 120hp , most people here don't thinks buy a petrol car they buy diesel cars, currently today diesel (turbodiesels) are fasters than atmosferics petrol engines.

and now i finish this tecnicals discussion because is not the correct location.

2. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so......are these cancelled or not, i see BBTS and ActionHQ are still promoting their Pre-orders for these two....are they cancelled, is it a false rumour or what?

3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Problem is, it was TAKARA who insisted that it should be Optimus in the first place...

4. OptimusTattoo

OptimusTattoo Banned

well Takara is the boss

5. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Takara knows best... ;) 

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    if they know best, why'd we got hosed on WST Skids and WST Tracks :( 

Andy

7. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I still don't get this at all, Takara can sell it as Convoy if they want, that's fine. It's not like Hasbro is going to lose many sales to the japanese market.
    But why exactly does this force Hasbro to make it Prime, or in other words what exactly is making them use the same head.
    I may be wrong on this (and you'd be the man to ask) but haven't Hasbro allready released Alternators with heads that haven't been used by Takara?

8. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Swerve (and technically also Decepticharge), but they were REDECOS, not the initial releases of those molds.

And for designs supposed to be released on both markets, Hasbro and Takara share the molds for the plastic parts, as revealed by the Takara interview.

Maybe sharing the head sculpt mold with Takara was the cost-saving measure that allowed Hasbro to offer Prime for the price of a regular Alternator, who knows.

9. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Maybe it was just something they had to agree to. Like maybe Hasbro said, "We'd like to make a Dodge Ram Alternator", and since the molds are engineered by Takara, there's no way they would let Hasbro do their own original Alt(mold-wise). So Takara was like, "Okay, we'll spend the time and money to design it, but it'll have to be Optimus Prime since we may as well use it too". Then later on Takara thought better about calling it a Convoy, and instead went with Ginrai.

10. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

If this has indeed been cancelled why do 9/10 TF oriented shops still have it for preorder?

Seems weird to me.

11. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

May possibly be due to the holiday period, but I agree, it seems weird that we haven't seen any mass cancellations by retailers, or even any mention of it outside of this thread.

12. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

Plus, I just got a new solicitation for it yesterday from action-hq.

13. Nevermore

News Credits:
    For the same reason those shops still took preorders for Wildrider after he had already been confirmed postponed?

14. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Not to anything like the same extent however. A lot of stores who did cancel Wildrider still have Ginrai up.

HLJ certainly do normally take goods off order if Takara cancel them.

Phazer

15. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yet still no images or further details from Takara...

16. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Takara are unfortunately very stingy when it comes to pictures, if HLJ has pictures up in their TF pre-orders then they accquired them themselves.

17. Nevermore

News Credits:
    As Fan to Fan told me, Takara had never "officially" announced Ginrai to begin with. This was apparently some premature information that "leaked" to a number of stores, but not to others. And since Takara never "officially" announced him, they probably don't feel the need to "officially" cancel him.

Remember how BBTS and some other stores (Archonia, at least) got solocitations for the MINI Cooper through their regular channels? Some stores still took preorders after BBTS confirmed him cancelled.

18. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    After all this banter, I still want to see the Ram in yellow as "Rumblebee". If they don't make one, I'll kitbash it.