Takara vs Sonokong Car Robots JRX.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DELTAsnake, Feb 8, 2009.

1. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    I got a Sonokong JRX a while ago, it had alot of QC issues with the paint, mold and electronics. I'm wondering if I pick up the Takara version that BBTS has will it have similar problems? the TF wiki says that the Takara version had QC issues, but I don't entirely trust the wiki.

2. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Hasbro, Sonokong, & Takara all produce the exact same product, quality and all. There might be slight mold changes for the US releases, but beyond that, the figures are the same. Plastic quality, paints, etc.

Buying a CRTF2000 JRX might actually be worse, because Takara's QC has been bad (in batches, not overall) for years.

Might want to try for a US version, although they're extremely more expensive. (I got lucky at $80.00 or so, but some sets were going for close to $300.00...MISB!)

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

wow i am glad i got the set at retail then lol...

4. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    I would try a US version but there where some major changes made. The Takara and Sonokong versions have clear plastic and alot of paint apps to make clear windows, which look really nice. Hasbro has opaque plastic and minimal paint apps to have painted on windows. I saw the Hasbro version once, didn't like it as much as the clear windowed Takara version.

5. Dolza_Khyron

yea but the clear window plastic on those rid toys do not last very long lol.

6. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    There's actually two versions of the US RID release. A version that has painted window, a silver/bluish colour. There's also a version that has the windows left unpainted... just FYI.

7. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I have the Sonokong JRX and have had no problems with it. Perhaps you got a bad draw. It might be cheaper to try another Sonokong JRX.

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    My Takara JRX is in great condition. Paint is fine, J-5's light works perfectly, and the molds are all completely solid (with the sole exception being that J-7's shoulders don't like to stay attached to their ball joints as much as they could). I'd say go for the Takara version if you want it - the clear plastic looks so much better than the solid plastic that Hasbro used.

9. Dolza_Khyron

oh yea... i remember that, lol actually one third of my rail racer has those windows i believe. i prefer them just painted personally.

10. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn Three dollar Nazi

News Credits:
    Here's the thing. You might find the paint-over-clear-plastic prettier, but it's also the reason the Takara and I guess Sonoking version bullet trains have majorly hit and miss paint QC. The Hasbro version which requires less paint to complete the appearance is much, much more reliable. Especially since Hasbro's QC was spot-on that year.