Takara Tomy War For Cybertron: Siege May Releases

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Sovietbot

Sovietbot Autobot from USSR

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    We’ll be tired until the last moment that Takara will make him a red visor!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

No Fixit?!

3. anikenvader

anikenvader Hero for hire

News Credits:
    I think if we got some art for what Soundwave is supposed to be in the fiction then more would probably be able to let it pass. I dig it because it's a carrier, and Soundwave is known for carrying little dudes. Also they did confirm at NYCC he does have a possible Lamp-Post mode.
    Man, the first pics of Prowl didn't sell me but I'm really liking his mold. Smooth and cartoony, I digs.

4. My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe

My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe Well-Known Member

If there is an unofficial tape deck mode, I'm surprised that it has gone on this long without a single mention of it.

Also, a while back, John Warden mentioned something about G1 robot mode accuracy taking top priority so alt-modes were developed without compromising the robot mode. If this is the case, why does Soundwave have a fairly intricate transformation (strange backpack, swinging crotch, etc.) to something that ends up looking like a box? They could have ended up with the same result if they made him transform a la Titans Return Astrotrain/Overlord (a simple robot lying down with the arms forming "thrusters" and optional wings folding out). What are they planning to do with the mold?

Besides the tape deck mode, Soundwave has never really found a "modern" alt-mode. Tablet? Nope. SUV? Nope. Weird Cybertronian stealth bomber? Nope. A Mercedes? Nope. Weird Cybertronian SUV? Nope, and people ended up fan-modding the WFC/FOC figures into pseudo boombox modes.

If a humongous microcassette tape deck does not belong on Cybertron, they could have passed it off as a "Cybertronian supercomputer/radar station thing."

5. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    I love that Soundwave. I don't get the grayscale prototypes though.

6. KraegorStark

KraegorStark Well-Known Member

YouTube (Custom URL):
    Clipped from a Tformers.com pic Lamppost mode:
    NYCC SW.jpg

I can't find it right now, but someone on the boards stated from the show that it has the articulation to make a faux tape deck mode.

• Like Like x 3
  7. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Yep, and I remember when Hasbro did it in Armada too. It’s my #2 complaint about Seige after nonsensical alt modes like Prime and Prowl

8. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yikes. That's an... odd display deco. Looks like they stored him in a lint trap.

9. KraegorStark

KraegorStark Well-Known Member

YouTube (Custom URL):
    They were trying to hide it in the diorama to show how sneaky he is.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I sort of wish they opted to make Soundwave his “base” mode from microchange. It seems like if you want to give him something pre-earth that resembles what he does without looking like a lamp post, that’s the way to go. Not everyone has to be a mobile vehicle thing.

11. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Ravage just looks AWFUL. 

12. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Sound waves also looking pretty massively hollow... entire forearms, backpack, chest because of the gimmick....

13. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    I\'m still loving Soundwave despite is poorly designed alt mode. Considering it\'ll likely have an easy tapedeck mode as well as the lampost mode, I can forgive it, I just wish they had gone with a Cybertrian surveillance van like the games did as I feel that makes more sense. A troop carrier is a great idea but the execution is lackluster. Prowl is growing on me, I might picl him up. I love Tperaxadon, he\'ll go nicely with Lionaiser. Chromia looks decent but she has a lot of junk hanging off of her and the autobot patrol pack doesn't do anything for me. The stealth patrol is of course a must-have to go with Soundwave.

14. Jerrimus

Jerrimus BOSS

Ebay:
    What in the actual fuck is the point of these pictures? In grey prototype? We’ve seen all these before. And we know Takara won’t be changing anything about the appearance...

15. MrUniqZ

MrUniqZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree the greeble wasn’t needed. And it’s more intense on some and not on others. Less is better...I hope they skip it on the next series.

16. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Why not make Chromia an all new mold rather than gut the combiner gear? It's not like that's some really great mold or anything .

17. darthsutius

darthsutius Minor Sith Lord

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Seriously, that greebling is waaaay out of control. The battle damage paint we can remove ourselves, but we can't do anything about an overzealous, dumbshit, rookie designer that doesn't understand the importance of maintaining a similar design style over a decade...let alone within the same theme!

Personally, I'm going from buying almost everything from CW, TR and POTP, to only a few select purchases from this line.

• Like Like x 3
  18. MrUniqZ

MrUniqZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yea, may skip this Chromia. The previous generations mold is pretty good still.

19. Big Convoy XIII

Big Convoy XIII The One Man Army

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I love Soundwave\'s bot mode, but his alt mode is.... Yeah.. They should have given him a grounded alt mode at the very least, not something from Galaga.. I mean, I get the aesthetic they\'re going for, but just.. They\'ve done so much hit and miss work with this line so far its starting to look like a game of battle ship... I\'m not sure how I feel about this line yet,  but hopefully they will give us a lot of good out of the bad we\'ve already clearly seen.

20. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]via Imgflip Meme Generator

• Like Like x 6