Takara Tomy TF: Prime Special Site Open

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ricochet, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Ricochet

Ricochet The Nerve Hammer

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

Gosh, this is getting me even further excited for Toy Fair in Feb, so that we can see what new Prime figures Hasbro/Takara has planned for 2012. Oh, and thanks for the site link!

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

The silhoute next to Soundwave and Optimus doesn't look like any other toy we've seen, Ratchet's toy maybe?

4. er4smiths

er4smiths Optimus Prime Titan

Any way it is Arcee?

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Dude! Does Soundwave also come with a tentecle type weapon too?!?! That's epic! I'm really not sure if it is Optimus. It looks different from what I can tell but It might be him. The sihhoute next to the middle one does scream Ratchet to me!:)  I'm REALLY looking foward to next years New York Tor Fair and Botcon!

I don't think so. I wonder why her picture's not on the site. And on top of that how come Bulkhead and the Vehicon aren't there too?

6. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    What's Soundwave holding? And I wonder if the one in the middle is Optimus after all. The silhouette is off with the first voyager so it's not a remold, and it doesn't even look anything like the show model.

7. er4smiths

er4smiths Optimus Prime Titan

Maybe its KnockOut?

I don't think so. I wonder why her picture's not on the site. And on top of that how come Bulkhead and the Vehicon aren't there too?[/QUOTE]

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Looking at that other teaser pic, it's definitely Optimus. It probably has a lot of back kibble mucking things up, or it's mistransformed.

[​IMG]

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    The head has Ratchet's crest and ears, and his feet match essentially flat version's of Ratchet's, plus he has the pointy knees. You'll also notice to the far right the wheel that seems to be placed on the arm like Ratchet. (I figure the arm is outstretched towards the camera)

Also Soundwav'e right arm is bent halfway down the forearm for some reason (and he's holding an axe/mace it seems?) and that Optimus is hella bulky.

10. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    I'm sure Soundwave's weapon is just him holding Laserbeak like a katar/blade, we heard about that back in botcon.

11. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Really? I don't remember hearing that. Though I think we'll find out eventully. As for the siloute next to the supposed Optimus,that is clearly Ratchet without a doubt now I've got a more careful look at it. That's cetainly not Arcee though I wish we'll get news of a possible new mold for her. So far the Rache figure looks very promising and I'm looking foward to it as well as Soundwave!:D 

12. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    I would agree, but he seems to have Laserbeak still attached to his chest. (Could just be a flub, those interns... at least they try their best)

13. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Maybe it was the janitor that posed them for photos!

But I'm kinda interested in that Optimus shadow, I think it's the Voyager but the more I look at it the more he seems... different. Could be his main-release updated mold.

14. HeavyArms

HeavyArms Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Excited for these guys to be revealed!!!

15. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    He certainly seems square-er with smaller feet and biceps.

16. Stygian360

^^This^^ And the one on the far right is (I believe) Ratchet. This was discussed in another thread earlier in the week, and consensus ruled Ratchet, so grain of salt in hand I suppose.

New mold of Arcee is unnecessary. I just want arm cannons for her similar to what she uses so often in the show!

17. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I really believe that figure on the right is Ratchet if you paied close attention to the details on it it's very similer to Rachets!

How is it unnecessary exactly? Cliffjumper and Bumblebee were able to get new molds so why is making a new mold for her not welcomed? If anything it could fix the problems that the first editon figure has and make her more accurate and less kibley as a result. It could even include her arm cannons!:)  If Hasbro's really keen on reaching out for more female buyers and fans they should do the smart and sensible thing and make new versions and molds of her as they can. She's one of the most popular characters in the show and Hasbro always want to capitilazie on the characters popluarity!

18. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    Crossing fingers that is a leader class optimus.

19. Stygian360

Is Hasbro keen on getting more female buyers? I don't recall ever seeing that anywhere. And...how would they determine/qualify/quantify whether buyers are female? Possibly through credit card statements if they reached out to all of the major companies for buyer demo data, otherwise that kind of information would be difficult to obtain. Don't companies like Hasbro usually qualify products by intended demographic- (i.e., boys 3-9, girls 3-9, etc.) moreso than actually making an attempt at finding out what gender is buying their Transformers product?

But anyway, to qualify my statement, I don't mean a new Arcee mold is unwelcome. I just meant that- for my money- I don't need a new Arcee mold as creating was is unnecessary. Just want those aforementioned arm cannons. They could work similar to Prime DLX Optimus, where they slip over the existing hand and provide a gun 'coming out of the arm' type effect.

20. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    True but lately male buyers are buying MLP toys out of move for MLP Friendship is Magic,so female buyers buying tranformers is not really out of the question if you think about it. That shows that times are changing and even if girls are still not buying lots of transformers toys it'll help have some fembots that are well known in the fandom but not really known in the mainsteam have their time to shine and finally have figures of their own like Slipstream! It''l help with the collectors too!:) 

Well that's understanable but maybe a third party comapny could fix that or maybe look at shapeways for a pair or even make them yourself! I would like a new mold for her still!:D