Takara Tomy Sixshot reissue package revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cadbane, Jul 17, 2012.

1. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:

Supposedly, Takara do want to reacquire the rights to Shockwave's design.

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just so that no one misses it!

FYI, why are we still debating the broken casting blah blah blah nonsense ? We have had these discussions going on 13 years now and I don't think anyone has ever provided solid proof that said, "Takara has confirmed XYZ will never be reissued because of ABC"

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    People trying to work it out in their heads why one thing has been reissued but another hasn't, so we work off of really old statements that are slowly becoming heresay or just severely outdated because of other heresay statements that have been contradicted ("Hound's and Rumble's molds were lost/damaged too"...and then they were reissued)? I'm not saying it's logical at this point, but since the fanbase isn't given much information regarding mold status or the way reissues are approached by Takara, we're left to fumble around in the dark with what little concrete statements we've been given, even when those statements are now nearly as old or older as some of the reissues that we weren't "supposed" to get.

The point I do find funny is that we're relying on statements primarily from a Hasbro employee (or employees) from several years ago, when several years ago Hasbro got out of the reissue game, leaving it entirely to Takara.

If Takara wants to "fix" or reverse-engineer G1/G2 molds for reissue, Hasbro may contribute, but I imagine it's more a Takara thing now regarding what they do with G1/G2 molds with Hasbro jumping in when they feel they can (the SDCC gift set and BBTS Piranacon reissues). It's another reason why I really wish Takara would have a presence at Botcon so US fans could interact with them and try and get something resembling concrete answers regarding reissues.

4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^^

I 100% agree. A lot of those old statements have been disproven over the years.

5. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pardon me but is this piece really that limited in quantity?

6. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Just picked up a misb reissue of sixshot. Paid $128 now I'm good, will be passing on this for sure. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for more encore's though.

7. Stepper

News Credits:
    Sure to have more Encore figures coming our way eventually but this Sixshot definitely is not under the Encore series

8. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    That would be awesome! I've been waiting on a G1 Shockwave reissue for awhile.

Got the FOC Shockwave the other day and I love it. When the DOTM Shockwave came out, I got it and realized that it was the first Shockwave I had owned since my original 1985 Shockwave. I miss this guy, he needs some more love! I'm hoping on a G1 reissue, in addition to the MP treatment. That would be AWESOME!!!

9. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Because you're dealing with big company management and not fans. Hershey Foods, as just one example, has discontinued entire product lines because they were profitable but not profitable _enough_. God only knows how Takara figured that Ironhide, Ratchet, and Skids would meet whatever profit goal they had in mind.

On the other hand, some of the reissues fans were practically screaming for, like SkyLynx and Omega Supreme, went to clearance here. Takara kind of does this to themselves though, pricing them like collectibles and trickling them out. When one doesn't sell quickly, you notice because that's all there is to look at. Two in a row like that and they scramble back under their rock for awhile. Maybe a regular retail price and steadier schedule would alleviate some of those issues and allow for some later molds to see the light of day again.

Or they can keep this cycle up...a low run of popular molds we've seen a dozen times, too many of some crappy/expensive mold, panic, hiatus, and back to the beginning again.

One thing is pretty much certain. If they do manage to reissue Shockwave, it'll be twice as much as the reproduction. Sales will probably level off fast, they'll conclude demand for this stuff is too low (because there's no way price, alternatives, and the recession could have any effect on purchasing patterns), and we'll have to wait another year or two before we see another Encore (which will probably be the Insecticons or something anyway).

10. Stepper

News Credits:
    Me too keeping my finger cross for a re-issue Shockwave under Encore series.