Takara/Tomy ROTF accuracies.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by zero1, Jul 4, 2009.

1. zero1

zero1 Emperor of Destruction

I wonder which ROTF figures from Takara Tomy are movie accurate?

2. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Is that a statement or a question?

3. shmax

shmax Well-Known Member

It's a questment, which is a perfectly cromulent word. To answer his questment, as far as I can tell all the ROTF toys we get here in Japan are exactly the same as the ones you get in the USA, right down to the Pawtucket mailing address on the back of the packaging. The only difference is that they add a "TORANSUFOUMA" sticker at the top of the packaging, a Japanese label on the underside of the packaging with an assigned Japanese-style number (ie. "RA-01" for Optimus Prime), and a Japanese instruction booklet.

4. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wrong. optimus prime leader class is different. he has a grey piece in the middle of his chest while hasbros is red

5. shmax

shmax Well-Known Member

That may be, but that doesn't necessarily suggest that Takara is supplying a different set of toys to Japan than the rest of you are getting. I remember when it was reported that the Japanese "version" of Sideways and Breakaway featured a different tone to their paint schemes, but then we learned that that was just a "running change" that showed up in the US, as well. I'm certainly no expert and I've never really understood the strange handshake between Takara and Hasbro manufacturing, but it seems that with the movie toys, everything is coming from the same manufacturing run. I don't think Takara did their own "version" of these toys like they did with Cybertron (where every toy was clearly different) or Binaltech--I think they're literally all the same toys, right down to the part numbers. I say all this with hesitation, as I don't have any evidence or informational source beyond my own subjective observations. And I suspect this has already been discussed to death before--if anyone has any real "official" information I'd be interested in seeing it.

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    So far, nothing is really different. The only thing they seem to be doing is putting darker paint schemes on figures, like Sideways, which in turn, isn't accurate.