Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Well-Known Member

This reminds me that I really prefer the Peter Cullen Optimus Prime voice in the G1 cartoon over the live action movies. I don't know what they did in the live action movies, but I never got on board with Optimus Prime's voice. I was glad that Peter Cullen was back, but just didn't like how they synthesized his voice compared to the G1 cartoon.

To me, in the live action movies, it sounded like Peter Cullen was trying too hard. It felt like he was trying to do an impression vs it being natural.

• Like Like x 1
  2. robb0429

robb0429 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    That cab mass to leg mass sounds genius, I can\'t wait to transform this guy. And that difference in tightness to the knee joints sounds so satisfying if they actually pulled that off. 

3. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After getting that interview translated and knowing they've been working on Prime for a while, I'm pretty sure they will skip the + route with him and do a 2.0. Safe bet to say when they reissued Prime,Starscream,and Soundwave they already had ideas for new versions as they simply could have released a Plus version versus just reissuing them. I see Soundwave, Starscream, and Rodimus being released in the next few years most likely with their counterpart.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Wait, so MP-44 DOES have sounds? Where would they even go, his backpack? His gun?

Didn’t Hasbro make their release of MP-10 vastly brighter and actually make the eyes look alive? Or packed all of MP Soundwave's minions with him in their release of him?

In any case, I’ll have to see where Hasbro goes with this sounds thing too. Peter Cullen voice clips are a must.

5. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    I've been saying over and over how I want a Rodimus Prime 2.0 from Takara. But now that I think about it, Takara will probably try to make an all in one ultra-toon accurate transformation that will make the backpack on this Prime look like slim. Ugh, just imagining how fat that Rodimus will be depresses me.

6. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Well-Known Member

My problem with the Hasbro Soundwave Masterpiece were the yellow eyes. I would have gotten the Hasbro version if it had red eyes. Even though the Hasbro version has that CE stamp on the leg.

7. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

A lot of people preferred the darker red on MP10(some also preferred the dead eyes, but those are much fewer in numbers)
    most people didn't like Hasbro's Soundwave because of the toy accurate yellow visor.
    in general tho, Hasbro has done a decent job at localizing the bigger Masterpiece releases for a good price. the smaller stuff like the Car bots they released? not so much.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Carry is a great 3P option for a MP Rodimus. Especially if you don't care about show accuracy and /or don't want to have to store a trailer, since the trailer is incorporated into the robot mode.

7d68de80-a21c-4b6a-a0a6-f1dd25faa531.jpg ad6a1ab5-e87b-4466-b08e-47e1166fdf6d.jpg 21411964-1c14-40fd-9e5c-723a9e4d54bc.jpg

D-06 Carry

• Like Like x 1
  9. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    I'm still not convinced that is anything but a Grey Market import - not a Hasbro US release.

• Like Like x 3
  10. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t mind a Hasbro release with Peter Cullen’s voice but it would be nice if it came without the trailer and a lot of the accessories. It would keep costs down but it would also mean that if you’ve already ordered MP44 you won’t have a surplus of trailers. I have 4 MP10 trailers from various redecos and they take up way too much space on the shelf. I’m hoping that we see a trailerless US release which would hopefully keep costs to around $250 (give or take). Having MP44 in bot mode with Cullen’s voice would be an awesome bonus.

11. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    If only the MPM figures were as visually accurate.

12. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    I know people are out there that like this thing, but I've always felt it's ugly as sin. Looks nothing like any design of Rodimus we've ever seen outside of a sketch by Studio Ox in a Japanese magazine years ago, and those wings are hideous. And I noticed you didn't show it from behind. Cause those enormous Starscream style wings have the side of the truck's flames printed on the back of them. Carry is.........not good.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Michael Payton

News Credits:
    Seibertron reported that Hasbro is selling this just because EE was selling it. They've imported toys before. It's no different that BBTS offering this. But everyone just repeated that headline as fact without looking into it further. Shrugs.

Trust me, Hasbro will let everyone know if they're going to release this. There will be no shortage of press releases and pics on Instagram and Facebook. This would be a major holiday item for them next year. There wouldn't be any ambiguity about this if they were selling it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Michael Payton

News Credits:
    Because BBTS (where I got the link and pics) doesn't have that pic. Sorry for trying to help. SMH

• Like Like x 2
  15. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    Co-sign.

16. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
  17. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
  18. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Not that. The fact EB Games is taking preorders.

19. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Plus tax.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.