Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    Armoring up a white Prime cab is purely a G1 toy feature. The MP line is strictly toon now. We already have a toon Magnus that transforms the way he did in the toon. If Hasui couldn't make it work with his vision of toy/toon/real world aesthetics, I don't see any reason why they would even consider it now.

• Like Like x 6
  2. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    Ditto. That seemed like a fan who only collects "official" products. There's elitists in every genre. Too funny, we were just arguing this in the 3P section.yep, there are still elitists in this collecting community. I knew it! I told them there are collectors like that. Yep, they still exist. What's wrong with KOs and 3Ps? They aren't dumpster diving operations any longer. To me they are like McDonald's and Wendy's. McDonald's did the cheese burger franchise first, but ole Dave came along and copied and improved upon it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Soundwave GI

Soundwave GI Well-Known Member

I don’t know why KOs and 3P even get mentioned in the same sentence. 3P are original engineering and, in most cases, characters that have not been officially released. They require investments to create an original product from an engineering and design standpoint. I get that they did not design the original character concept. KOs just copy someone else’s work top to bottom. Improvements over the original are rarely the case. I own primarily official and 3P, but have added a KO here or there in addition to my originals (aka KO megs w toys aesthetic to have multiple versions). Waiting for a KO and using the excuse that it will be better is stupid. Sure, a KO may improve on a very old/tired mold like BB7 did with MP11, but waiting for a KO of a product that hasn’t released yet just hurts the brand. If the officials aren’t supported, then they’ll eventually go away, thereby eliminating the ‘cheaper and improved’ (<—BS) KOs. Supporting an official product is not being elitist, it’s supporting the brand. And if it is elitist, you should thank every single one of them for supporting a product that results in something that you will buy.

• Like Like x 7
  4. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Slang more then anything else. I'm around a bunch of goons talkin like that all the time in my line of work. ;) 

5. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Focus on the future Optimus Prime. There’s no one to thank. People buy what they buy. Move on.

6. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, it's annoying listening to them.

Because 3p are KOs as well, they just ko the IP (even though there are 3P who copy official engineering too), not the entire product.

Cheaper and improved KOs are hardly BS, just look at KBB's, Wei Jiang's and other companies' lineup to see the perfect example of that, across several lines (tf4 bots, CW Megs, TR deluxes, MP).

MP36 is hardly an old mould, but WJ redesigned it and improved on it tremendously with Megamaster.

Sorry, I will never be thankful to elitists for anything. I buy official general release toys, but I cannot justify the price of most MPs.

And instantly calling the KO topic a dump and everything discussed there, while demanding anyone mentioning KOs leave this topic and board, is very much elitism.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jdk504

Jdk504 REDWOLF

It's amazing how many uneducated people there are. You don't realize it until they try to voice their thoughts/opinions on paper. What is even more amazing these incompetent people are in charge of me.

I don't know how that is possible. I guess kissing a** pays off.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Soundwave GI

3P is nothing like KO. KO brings little to nothing original to the table. Even 3P gets KO’d constantly. Official/3P takes MONEY, time, effort and creativity. KO just steals all that, maybe add a part or two. I mentioned BB7 improving a tired old figure in the seekers. Wei Jang is good quality in most cases and oversized. Regardless, it’s still just an outright copy or combination of other companies’ engineering. Especially now that Takara is going the extra mile with engineering and part count...that drives up the price. Ok, YOU can’t justify MP price, but that doesn’t justify profiting/leeching off the hard work of others. Just realize that if everyone had that mindset, MP would not exist.

Sorry to everyone for going off topic...back to it...Bring on v3 Prime!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Sheesh. Mods should scrub the KO and 3rd party posts clean from this official speculation Prime V3 MP board...

• Like Like x 11
  10. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I do hope we get 3P accessories for this Prime thougg.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Soundwave GI

I didn’t want to comment on it, but it directly sparked from conversation about price and theoretical inclusion of certain parts and accessories. I want v3 to come with as much as possible. I think/hope they will release a complete Prime. It’s hard to release a stand-alone Prime with the assumption that everyone has an MP10 Prime trailer to use with it. I don’t know if they’d entertain doing it both ways, but I don’t see it happening, at least not initially.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Soundwave GI

That’s a guarantee. They’ll miss something that people would want that can sell. Just like the face kits for MP-36. I just hope it starts out with a lot of the little touches they’ve added recently.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    IF a trailer it's done, so this should be... images-6.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  14. Soundwave GI

Totally agree, some movie damage to go w Megs is a must.

• Like Like x 4
  15. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Movie Convoy

Movie Convoy Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I will always get the official version, especially if I can get it on sale. No matter what, I will always go official, especially if there's an inevitable Hasbro version.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    And going into a thread containing discussion about an official product (rumoured or confirmed), to talk about how a KO will/could be better in this way or that, is very much trolling.

I don’t know if people doing this are trying to convince themselves (or others) that they are making a superior buying choice, tacitly insulting those who choose to support the original designers and/or steer clear of unofficial products, or a mixture of both.

If it’s some kind of protest, then talking about it with fans of the official product in forums like this, will likely not bring about the change that may be expected (lower prices, “better” materials), as the only people who can do anything about that are the retailers and TT/Hasbro in their own ways.

For what it’s worth I own 3P products, and am considering picking up DX9 Gabriel (so I’m not entirely snobby ;) ) I just feel that certain comments and topics have more natural homes elsewhere in the forums.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 19
  18. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    "The KO is better than official" phenomenon is a perfect example of cognitive bias. The reality is KO's performance is probably all over the place. People from different sides would focus on cases that fit their narratives.

• Like Like x 12
  19. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Your welcome brother. I love Transformers. Actually I've collected & kept/still have, all the Marvel Transformers Comics since my 1st one right after Xmas in 1984, including all issues, the 4 mini series', & the G2 series. Every Dreamwave Transformers comic ever made, Devils Due GIJOE vrs.TF's & all IDW Transformers comics from 2005 1st #0 thru BOTH continuities 'til Xmas of 2017. When i FINALLY stopped buying them after 33 years. AND i collected approximately 90-95% of all Transformers released, from all lines since I started TOY collecting right after high school in 1996.

Like Black Rob in 2002, my collection's "Like Woah"! haha (that may be reference udk lol ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  20. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    YES!! This' my favorite Optimus Prime to date. I kinda hope that we get a slightly smaller version, that is just as Solid as my Takara 2003 MP-01, but even more cartoon accurate. What I consider the most cartoon accurate (official) Prime made to date. MP-01 is my absolute favorite toy, out of 1000's i own, since I got the Hasbro version as a Christmas present in from my mother of all people (I was 27) in 2004. My mom who never even bought me Transformers as a kid. Nor has she since..

I got the Takara version in 2006 when I worked at KayBee Toys a friend had one sealed & sold me over $1000 of vintage toys for $150.00. Although I haven't seen or handled my Convoy in a dog's age, at least I know I have one in my storage/warehouse.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.