Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Temp1

Temp1 Well-Known Member

Yeah I think OP will have chrome too. I'd be very disappointed if it didn't.

I'm so excited to see more on this. When do we think TT could release colour shots/more prototype images?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Optimus' pipes, grills, bumper, and tanks will be chromed, no doubt about it. Toon heavy bot mode the direction may be, but one only need look at Ultra Magnus, Star Saber, Hot Rod, the Vanettes, the Fusos, and Sunstreaker to see chrome is still a part of the line, thank God. And no worries about the quality of chrome, either. It's been rock solid ever since the Fusos, including reissued figures.

• Like Like x 10
  3. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I'm sure the truck mode's grill will be chromed, but the robot mode's will be white-y or light grey like inferno's bumper or megatron's paint.

• Like Like x 1
  4. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

And even that is debatable if they have plans to release a + version. And I'm sure they do so I'm betting on no chrome here.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    A Toy version a la MP36+ would be loved even more than the original, at least by some japanese fans, wouldn't be surprised if they call it "Diaclone" edition.

6. franpincho

franpincho Well-Known Member

Does what you do for a living require you to have such amazing attention to detail?

Sweet Jesus. That's it. You are no longer sam. You are Eye of the Tiger Sam.

Amazing to have you here.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Dean ML

Definitely, his underwear will be the same color as his thighs with (hopefully) that awesome pearly sheen.

Nah, the regular OPv3 will definitely have chrome in the areas I pointed out. In fact, it's animation accurate! Specifically thinking of Thrust's reflection in Prime's grill just before he runs him over in The Movie (one of @Sam 's favorite scenes ;)  ).

[​IMG]

They wouldn't need to omit chrome entirely from the regular anime focused regular release just to differentiate it from the possible + toy homage release. The + release would be plenty different enough, including chromed underwear and thighs.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  8. chchchch

chchchch Floptimus Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Pinterest:
    Naw, that's a Thrust tattoo that Prime now has various regrets about. :) 

• Like Like x 5
  9. yvk2000

Good point(s) @Dean ML. The reflection of Thrust in particular is something I see Takara using as a deciding factor here.

However on your argument about chrome still being part of the line because of those bots...not so sure; MP28 was part of the transitioning phase. MP33 went mostly toon but had a removable bumber. MP39 had a 'similar' idea with the turnable chrome exhaust. MP Hound is going full toon as well (like Inferno though we don't know whether there will be swappable chrome parts).

So, I am leaning towards a maybe for the chrome stacks and removable chrome grill.

• Like Like x 3
  10. chchchch

chchchch Floptimus Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Pinterest:
    However, MP-33 still has a chrome gun next to his head and (IIRC) a chrome nozzle-hand.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I think a MP Optimus V3 + should be a bit like cheebs' digi, with unpainted frontlights in the crotch and all chromed there.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dean ML

We'll see, hopefully sooner than later! Can't believe it's taking this long, especially when TT said we should see color shots in August or September :(  .

I don't see Sunstreaker's flippable customized engine as any evidence they're phasing out chrome, though. In fact, the TT interview said that being able to give Sunstreaker a stock car mode was a precondition from Lamborghini. Even then he still has a chromed spoiler in alt mode and, of course, his big chromed intakes in bot mode. Regarding the Fusos and their toon grills, it's clear that TT views the realistic chromed ones as their default grills (they were packed this way and most official photography shows them using those grills) and the toon ones as an optional bonus. Looking at the most recent G1 release, Targetmaster Hot Rod, his deco is taken entirely from AKOM animation right down to his cell shaded boots and yet he still retains chromed pipes. One more thing to consider with OPv3 and the chrome speculation is that he has the most realistic truck mode yet of any G1 Optimus! I think all signs are pointing to this guy having chrome.

• Like Like x 7
  13. RichP

RichP Well-Known Member

Are we sure TT said color shots for August/September? If I recall correctly that was relayed to us by a board member from a toy show.

Whatever happened with our Twitter campaign? We need to round up the troops are slide up in TT DMs!

• Like Like x 2
  14. yvk2000

You sir, have 'won'. But how and where; we'll have to wait and see. :thumbs2: 

A small - but important - detail that I forgot about.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Dean ML

Haha - I've been on a social media fast for many months now but you're tempting me to break it! And yeah, I believe it was Gamerlingual who relayed the message from TT at that show. Like others have said, at this point they may decided to just save the full reveal for the Generations book in November. I think the rushed MPM-08 might've really thrown a wrench in their reveal/release schedule.

Haha - we'll all have "won" once we have this sucker in our hands!

• Like Like x 3
  16. chchchch

chchchch Floptimus Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Pinterest:
    I only remember because that head-gun's chrome was chipped immediately out of the box :( 

17. yvk2000

Bummer. My mp33 had a lot scuffs and scratches so I returned him.

• Like Like x 2
  18. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My guess was we wouldn't see anything till October,as I took as they would have him ready to go in color by that point with him finally being revealed in Oct( this month fingers crossed).
    People used to complain Takara should do like 3Ps and let us know what they are working on so we would know what to expect. After Dinobot and Prime 3.0 I doubt we hear that again.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Chrome?, okay.
    MP Optimus Prime V3.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  20. e prime

e prime Chosen by the matrix

Personally I'd be disappointed with chrome. It's possible they could use diecast. However it's fun to speculate.