Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey, no need to apologise. I don't ask these kinds of questions and not expect to be held accountable!! LOL
    I most likely will buy official, assuming I feel the cost is reasonable. Most of my Collection are official or 3P, only a few KO carbot's from my very eraly day's of collecting, which are gradually being replaced with official or 3P alternatives as those early KO's aren't as good quality. If Prime V3 is actually a good design, and the price is reasonable, yeah, I'll most likely get orirignal. I have official MP-10, and had decided on MP-36 but cancelled when I saw the voice chips were Japanese and more importantly the massive paint issues. I'm happy with my IT version, but I do sometimes contemplate getting the official just for that slightly nice metallic paint finish... except I hate the fragility of that paint. And the flipside is that I have the official Tracks and regularly consider replacing it with the KO which is a vastly better product. {shrug}
    I'm not that fussed by 3P vs KO, I accept the ethical ramifications. I'm just usually too impatient to wait!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Alright fam let's get back to Prime V3.

I think this figure is going to be hand candy. Hell I might keep MP10 too because it's hand candy in subtle poses and looks great as is. I just have been craving to see a more articulated MP Prime in Sunbow fashion and the fact that it seems to be based on the animated movie that I saw as a kid and kept waiting for Prime to come back but never didn't and didn't realize until the Sci Fi channel reruns years later that Prime eventually did come back....

Well...even if I didn't watch those episodes...Prime did come back.. in this new MP! Can't wait to see what Kobayashi and/or Oshima or whomever came up with. Hell if it's Yuki who designed it, this will be robust and toyetic in a good way.

I get why Japanese companies in general adhere to no photo policies and are pretty strict about reveals. I just hope we see this thing in mag scans later this month. I know Takara has been showing G1 episodes on their YouTube channel...I wonder what they're hinting at? New trailer functions? A surfboard?

• Like Like x 8
  3. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Peter Cullen voice clip?
    Hasbro will take care of that.
    Too bad they can't bring an official MP-36 to American soil.
    Anyway, WTH... There's IT-01 for it. :lol :

• Like Like x 1
  4. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    A basketball and hoop so Optimus can dunk on that punk ass Tracks. :D 

In all seriousness, I can understand why Takara can only offer Japanese voice actor sound clips and not English. They legally can't do it, I believe, since Takara's licensing agreement with Hasbro stipulates that they cater only to the Japanese market. Everything outside of Japan is Hasbro's turf so if we want Peter Cullen voicing V3 it'll have to be Hasbro to give it to us.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a very mature attitude, one that is usually sadly lacking in the official side of the forums. Things have been surprsingly civil in this thread so far, but I can't count how many times folks have been insulted and abused and told to "take that shit somewhere else" at even the slightest mention of a 3P or KO product.
    It's sad when the 3P threads are politer and more accepting. {shrug}

• Like Like x 1
  6. Oktiduz

Oktiduz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    They probably can't bring this one to the US market 'cause it's gonna be a billion dollars...

My wallet is repeatedly jumping up and down. I want to see the toy noooooooooowww

Oofff just realized a problem. The moment we get this, we're gonna ask for a MP Megatron V3 with wrist and toe joints. Haha, this perpetual cycle...

• Like Like x 1
  7. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    It helped of course that the mods deleted entire pages of this thread after the initial reveal, but in general it's been long enough since the reveal and most have settled down enough to be civil again.

• Like Like x 4
  8. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah. It's too soon to ask for Megatron V3.
    Although I understand the "vicious cycle" of toy making :lol :

Since MP-36 was release and MP Sunstreaker, I view them that they're the "new standard" of some sort.
    And I'm kinda expected that there will be a new MP OP but not this early in the game.

MP-10 was made base from MP-09 scale-wise & toy design technology of that time.
    And I think we could all agree that MP OP V3 is made for MP-36.

MP-10 while it has own many merits, his robot proportions isn't on par with MP-36's.
    Gorilla Arms alone will prove it. But MP OP V3 is the answer for that.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Oktiduz

Oktiduz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    download.jpg

By the way, just a thing that I'm curious about. A few pages back (maybe a 100), people started talking about this pose. I'm, like, so sure that this Prime will be able to do this, but I'm dying to know how they'll engineer this. Keep in mind, butterfly joints may not be the only thing that will help with this pose. Maybe the biceps telescope like MP10's, but the main problem is fitting all that bicep in a tiny upper arm block. Maybe the arms can shift horizontally forward to help facilitate this stoic stance.

Auggh, it already feels like 4 million years since the reveal.

• Like Like x 5
  10. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    Accessories would include in my fantasy version as follows:

1. X1 Ion Blaster (Prime's gun)
    2. X1 Energon axe accessory
    3. X1 Sparkplug figure in hard hat
    4. X1 Jet pack (detachable) can connect to Prime's back, and be stored within the trailer both in Alt mode and battle mode.
    5. X1 Matrix of Leadership
    6. X1 trailer (if it has to come with it) with a real working rail system built into the base of the truck, so the rear gun can be moved to the exit of the truck as seen on the Cartoon both in Alt mode and battle mode..
    7. X1 Exponential Generator (incidentally they should make it so it fits into MP36's Barrel.) "80s Role Play cultural and X-Generational nostalgia factor. Just Nintendo and sega, no iphones, no real laptops or computers, no internet, no on-demand. There was tho, the ability to wield G-1 Megatron with all the gear and pretend to be Soundwave or Starscream while playing Transformers in the yard with our friends.
    8. X1 Roller
    9. X1 Large White Surf Board, with red Autobot Logo emblazoned underneath, and special feet slots that can attach it to the feet of prime, along with a translucent stand that mimics a wave just up behind the board Which the stand would slide into a grove under the board to hold it up and mimic Prime in the Ultimate Doom episode (one of the most epic 3 parters ever! and the basis for Dark of the Moon).

Now, if you could go that far... I would feel so much better about the price normally charged for an Masterpiece Optimus Prime with trailer. Come on Takara, give us more then unusal on this one, as a treat to the fans.. Please?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    I’ve got my perfect MPM Prime (legendary toys KO) on the way from ShowZ store, I NEED my perfect g1 Prime to be out so I can pose them together!!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Norm West

Norm West Well-Known Member

Fixed it for ya!.

13. goldenboy1on1

goldenboy1on1 Well-Known Member

I don't care how much this is. I am getting it.

• Like Like x 7
  14. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    Yep, I wants it! I just hope they increase the accessories.. Can someone Please release an exponential Generator accessory, please? How about a functional slider for the base/trailer gun turret? If they are gonna give us another, up the ante and give us a bit more on this one. Jet Pack?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  15. scrapmetaru

scrapmetaru Well-Known Member

I don't care what anyone says about the odds, this Optimus will be forever incomplete until an MP Megatron V-D(evastion) is released and is a tank. That is not up for debate.

16. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It'll be time for a magazine in a week or so. Would be nice to get a legitimate pic. Or a clearer pic of some part atleast, wouldn't mind seeing what's going on with the trailer.

• Like Like x 8
  17. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Nobody questions Cosplay Starscream!!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Somehow that makes me want a new Starscream with a Giant Prime Pretender suit

• Like Like x 2
  19. MorphinBrony

MorphinBrony Waiting for MP Arcee

For all of you people disappointed that there won't be English voice clips with this figure, just wait for the Hasbro version. And yes, there WILL be a Hasbro version. Hasbro has been quite happy to release versions of both MP-01 and MP-10 stateside in the past, so I have no reason to suppose the 35th Anniversary figure won't be receiving the same treatment.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

My vote for the top 5 voice clips of a Cullen/Hasbro effort:

1./ "Megatron must be stopped ... no matter the cost."
    2./ "Autobots! Transform and roll out!"
    3./ "One shall stand, one shall fall ..."
    4./ "Ready the shuttle for launch!"
    5./ "There's a snake in my boot!"

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 10
Thread Status: