Takara Tomy Legends Trypticon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by daimchoc, Feb 28, 2017.

1. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Not in an economy where advertising, hype, licensing. and data mining are all anybody wants to do they're not.

2. Louise Belcher

Louise Belcher Autobot loves Android

News Credits:
    From where did you buy? I usually buy Japanese toys from Hobby Search, didn't got to buy a TF figure from them yet, but from what I have checked they cost more.

What about Doublecross:( ? From what I read on TFWiki he appeared on the Japanese cartoon, so they should make him, right;_;?! Also, why would they make Topspin without his brother, Twin Twisto_O ?

3. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I bought fro HLJ and chose Fedex. To me, shipping was not all that expensive. I remember adding everything up and it was still less expensive than domestic retailers. Then again, I'm the type who believes 5 to 10 dollars saved is worth it. :) 

4. Louise Belcher

Louise Belcher Autobot loves Android

News Credits:
    So you meant the shipping itself and not the figure? The shipping from Japan is cheaper for me too, but I don't live in the USA which I guess you don't either.

5. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Keep in mind that Takara could hold off on Legends releases like Six Shot and Overlord til 2018 and there will still be a TF fan market to buy them next year. But with movie toys you really have to strike while the iron is hot and TF5 is fresh, so Takara is wisely going to push out the movie toys this summer and little else.

6. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

I have always found the optimism towards TakaraTOMY laughable. I am mostly a TakaraTOMY collector, and they do skip moulds sometime, but they will always find a way to release at least 1 version of each mould. Deluxe Class Black Shadow and Scoop was released in the Transformers Adventure toy line, and the Deluxe Class Skids mould was released as AOE Rollbar first, while Skids as he should be was released in the Legends toy line 2 years after. However, Crosscut is still not happening though..., you can also add Junkyard, FoC Ruination, G2 Dreadwing, etc. to the list.

I have my doubts they will release Leader Class Quickswitch and Black Shadow, but they will definitely release Sixshot and Overlord somehow.

Also, most repaints that people have high confident that they would release never happened... yet... *CoughMetrotitanMinervaBraveMaximusLioKaiserCough* Deluxe Class Black Convoy also happened in 2015; 4 years after the mould's initial release.

I have no doubts that TakaraTOMY will eventually release most of the remaining Titans Return moulds in one way or another. There is a low possibility they may skip insignificant characters like Topspin and Twin Twist, but they will definitely release the 1986 cast somehow.

7. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I live in Wisconsin, USA. Fort Max was 175.00 and I didn't pay more than 205.00 total.

8. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

CONFIRMED VIA TFSOURCE!!!!!

9. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm, nice. But I'll wait for whatever conventions exclusive it is, whether it's Hascon or SDCC. I loved the SDCC Metroplex.

• Like Like x 1
  10. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    Did they? Wow. Hmm, that would be a big change then for SDCC, as the Hasbro booth has become very notorious among us regular SDCC con goers. That would be a bit of a bummer, as I do like having Hasbro in attendance at SDCC. But it also makes business sense for Hasbro to save the exclusives for their own show if they are trying to go in-house with everything now.

11. God Ginrai

God Ginrai Energon Enthusiast

I expect Hascon to go down quite similarly to The Hub: it'll make an ok debut and limp along for five years with gradually decreasing attendence until Hasbro gives up because it isn't profitable anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OptimusNerd

OptimusNerd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It may gain some traction, filling the void that BotCon is leaving. So long as the TF nerds fans and the Bronies get along OK - it might actually grow to be a success.

13. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    There is another robot show that is being put on by Pete Sinclair, formerly of the Club. Not sure if this is intended to be some form of successor to Botcon, or to simply be another robot toy show out there. It does sound like it has some promise.

Pete's Robot Convention

• Like Like x 1
  14. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think Hasbro said they would not be attending sdcc this year but they would not have a presentation. Like last year, they had display cases and a few employees hanging out but no seat down, power point, Q&A session. Also, it's hasbrotoyshop that has a booth and sells the exclusive merchandise which is a different booth then the Hasbro one. I fully expect a sdcc exclusive Trypticon as well as a second Transformer exclusive.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  15. OptimusNerd

News Credits:
    Well that's convenient... I have family in Cincinnati. Now I just need to decide whether Pete's Robot Convention is reason enough to pop in for a visit (from Australia).

Re: exclusives and timing from Hasbro... have any of the previous titans been released in exclusive deco BEFORE the mass release? With an announced retail date of August (post SDCC) and Hascon happening in September... they're going to want to offer as many "carrots" to draw people to that as possible.

Of course they'll have some presence at SDCC... they're massive. But they need a reason to convince people to attend their new offering.

16. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

Hope Takara makes wipe out again.

17. monish

monish Not a Negatron!

News Credits:
    Can anyone tell me the exact difference between hasbro an TT trypticon?

18. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    We don't know yet; just that going off past precedent, TakaraTomy tends to skew closer to the cartoon colors while Hasbro goes more for the toy homage.

So it's probably a safe bet LG Trypticon will be black and MIGHT have painted-over eyes.

19. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

I wonder is it possible to remove the dumb things on the feet for the "walking gimmick"? It's not the G1 toy, which was motorized. I also don't think he had them in the toon. If they could be removed without compromising stability, that would be nice.

20. OptimusNerd

News Credits:
    They were present in the toon, but perhaps not consistently.