Takara TFC Collection MISB?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rend, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

Does anyone know if the Takara TFC bookstyle collection were all factory tape sealed? I've seen some on eBay that are factory tape sealed, and I've seen others that aren't. I've also seen discussion on different forums that some of the TFCs came from Takara without tape seals. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thank you in advance for looking at this thread.

Rend

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    some had taped boxes, some didnt. some had taped trays, some didnt. thats really all there is to it. my jazz and prowl had no tape at all, but my friend's prowl had the trays taped.

3. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

my jazz and prowl had no tape what-so-ever, but all the rest had both taped trays and taped boxes.

4. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

Interesting. If the factory didn't tape seal the boxes would this degrade the value since anyone can open them? I am assuming resale value would go down.

5. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

btw, are there any certain ones that were or weren't sealed, and when did Takara start to seal them?

6. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I KNOW my Soundblaster was sealed at one point. I can't say more than that as I only bought Hasbro releases (besides Soundblaster, God Ginrai, keychain Minibots).

7. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

the 2nd wave of jazz and prowl were taped, and so on from there. there may have been some that did not have tape on the trays, but i never payed attention to mine as i opened them all anyway.

i would think that since the jazz and prowl were sold out so fast to warrent a 2nd run, that the UN-taped ones would be harder to find. however, there were flaws with the un-taped jazz that were fixed with the following releases, making the flawed, un-taped one less desireable.