Takara TF Opinions needed

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cyberjet #7, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

If you could collect any two Takara lines out of this list, which would they be and why? I'm trying to consolidate my Japanese stuff for space issues and just wondered about input on which lines to focus on. I'm looking at stuff like quality, cost-effectiveness, etc. Thank you.

Masterpiece
    Henkei
    Binaltech
    Encore
    Takara Transformer Collection

2. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Well-Known Member

Henkei and Binaltech

Henkei as generally they are better than Universe.

Binaltech as they are better than Alternators, and i don't have any of them.

3. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    henkei and masterpiece...although masterpiece isnt cheap... i love the encore line too

4. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

Henkei seems to be a favorite here. Anyone else got an opinion? Please share.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Encore & Masterpiece.
    So how do you know they're better? The BT Dead End I bought (and then watched the paint literally fall of the door on) disagrees with you.

6. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Henkei and Encore.

Henkei, because the Henkei/Classics/Universe stuff is awesome, and Encore because they're G1 reissues, which I love. Masterpiece stuff is nice, but quite expensive. BT I would skip, simply because I'm not into BT/Alts, I just don't enjoy the scale and complexity of the figures. Also, it's another higher-priced line.

7. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Henkei and takara Transformer Collection/Encore because i love G1s Henkei are the updated G1s

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Collect what you like. You don't have to get them all, or focus just on one or two lines.

9. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like Encore the best. Easier to find and cheaper than Collection...though if you want to display them in the box, Collection pieces look better but can be harder to find (in some cases, anyways) and more expensive. I'm tempted by Masterpiece but am hesitant with the price and worries over how delicate they could be.

10. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i think encore looks great in box too :D 

11. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    If you like complexity, articulation, size, and attention to detail, Masterpiece & Binaltech, Masterpiece especially. If you're wanting more straight-up G1 toy style, Encore (the packaging aspect alone looks great) and Henkei, for some great updates of the old toys - and some (not all, but some) of the paintjobs are superior to the Hasbro versions.

Personally i'm in the MP/BT camp, so that's my bias :) 

EDIT - Meant to lump TFCs in with Encore; to my mind they're similar as they're G1 reissues, just a case of what style of box, should you be a MISB-er, and choice of figures you prefer.

12. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    The answers to tjhat question would depend on what you have already, like Henkei decreases in relevence a little if you have the classics already, the TF Reissues/Encore lines decrease in relevence if you have the relevent G1 toys already.

Binaltech's are not massively different from Alternators in general.

Masterpiece is probably the most Obtainable of the items if a little expensive - I'd certainly recommend considering that Grimlock to anyone... (less so everything else).

Do you have to buy Japanese Transformers at all ?

13. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, the only two TF lines I currently collect are Henkei and Encore, so I say go for them!:thumbs2: 

Of course, if price wasn't an issue, I'd get around to finishing off my TFC reissues as well; probably the best packaging we've ever got for TFs, but why packs like the Minibots (!?!?!) have got so expensive, I have no idea.

14. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

I do have to buy Japanese/Takara TFs! They're awesome.

Right now I have the following:

Masterpiece - 2
    Henkei - 3
    Encore - 6
    TFCollection - 1
    Binaltech - 0

Encore's rough, because almost every other figure is one I don't want. MP is great, but every other figure is a repaint - there's really only three molds. Henkei is the cheapest, but I've already started doubling-up with my Hasbro stuff from Classics. Binaltech looks great, but mostly in the sealed sense, as the figures are more complicated. And TFC is hardest to find.

The only reason I ask about these lines, is that I really only have the space to continue with two of them. If I had more room, I'd just keep going with everything.

15. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    I'd go for henkei and masterpiece [which I do] because it appears to be the most cost-efficient choice.

There's like 2-3 max henkeis out per month and they're cheaper than encores, and masterpiece releases a figure once per year.

Not into G1 stuff so encore\tf collection is not an option, and binaltech have been pretty much made redundant by the henkeis.