Takara ROTF Black Amazon Leader Prime

Discussion in 'Wanted Items' started by lostnfound, Mar 13, 2010.

1. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

Closed

2. linthart

linthart Plastaholic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    U can set up an amazon.jp account. Just switch the site to English and follow the prompts. Far far cheaper.

3. Bodhar2000

Bodhar2000 Bodhar2000

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, not really. It is 16,500 Yen on Amazon Japan ($183) for the Blu Ray version. Tack on international shipping and it is already over $200.

4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got the DVD version for $154 CDN shipped to Canada about a month and a half ago from Amazon.co.jp. Since then the price has gone back up.

5. lostnfound

Yeah I know. I went on amazon.jp just to take a peak and seen that it was somewhere around 16 thousand yen. I know that a yen is roughly the equivalent of a penny, but its slightly over. On top of that price I was sure that it didn't include shipping, so I was almost certain that it would come to over 200.

That's decent I guess. Its still a lot of money, but I guess there aren't many other options huh?

6. lostnfound

Bump?

7. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Amazon.co.jp is the only place you can buy this version of Prime. It is exclusive to the website, currently there is no other way to get it cheaper, anyone else who is selling them bought them from there and marked it up more. The only advice I can give you is watch the boards for a loose one to pop up and maybe you can save money there. You can always wait for Hasbro to release one, but at this point I think the chances are next to nothing.

When you buy it from Amazon Japan you get:

- Fed ex shipping (so you will get it in like 2 days, it is also $30 + of the total cost )
    -The black leader Prime.
    -ROTF 2 disc DVD or blu ray (you will need either a region free DVD player or a computer to play it on). You could probably sell the DVD for $20 or so on ebay to help recoup some of your costs.
    -ROTF legends black Bumblebee. IMO it is nicer than the Hasbro one.

8. lostnfound

I might have to do that, either that or simply buy it from amazon. How much did you say you spent? And how exactly did you get it?

9. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You have to order it from Amazon Japan, it is a Japanese exclusive to that website. They don't ship toys outside of Japan, but since this is technically a DVD release they do ship it to North America.

Here is a link to the DVD edition.

Amazon.co.jp: トランスフォーマー/リベンジ オプティマスプライム ブラック&#x

Once you get there there is a link in the top right corner that says "in English". Once you can see it all in English add it to your cart and check out like you would on the American website.

The price has gone back up since I got him and he is now at 15800 yen (which is $175 USD). So you are looking at probably $205 shipped. I was lucky and got mine on sale for $155 shipped.