Takara RA-24 Buster Prime vs. Takara 2-pack Buster Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lohan, Aug 12, 2011.

1. lohan

lohan Member

Time for another "Who stands who falls" question!

Which Buster is the better one? As far as I know the only differences are the face mask on the 2-pack version while the RA-24 Buster Prime has the bare face. Also the pinstriping is light blue for the 2-pack version while it is white for the RA-24 Buster Prime. Another minor difference would be the darker gun's tip for the 2-pack version.

Did I forget other aspects that are different?

At this point I am totally undecided because I prefer the face mask of the 2-pack version (although the bare face of the RA-24 Buster is more detailed due to the sculpted face) while I prefer the white pinstriping of the RA-24 Buster because it adds for a nice contrast while the 2-pack's light-blue pinstriping next to the dark blue has not much contrast.

I would like to know what you think is the best Buster version?

2. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    You got all the differences. I like the 2 Pack better because I prefer the mask.

Randy

3. lohan

lohan Member

I saw one comparison-pic (I guess you remember those comparison pics from ACToys, it was one of those pics) where you can clearly see a more accurate paint job on one specific area of the regular RA-24 version of Buster. The 2-pack's painting in that area was clearly "overlapping". Can anyone confirm that the regular RA-24 Buster's painting is more accurate or is it exactly the same quality level as the 2-pack's painting level?

4. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    the loose one I got has a facemask....I also have a Jetfire 2-pack with box but no buster-2-pack!
    Than I got a Jetfire MISB (I still need to unpack) eventually I would want a loose buster-2-pack as well so then would love display combined + seperate (bot or alt)

5. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    It's exactly the same except the pin striping and the tip of the gun.

Randy

6. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have the regular Buster and he's awesome. Only reason I would like the 2pk version is for the faceplate and for that bad-ass Jetfire.

7. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

I like Buster Prime, the only Prime without the face plate is unique. My regular ROTF Prime is good enough for a masked Prime and cheaper!

8. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay: