Takara Premium Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Primus00, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

Hey, what are your thoughts/opinions on the Japanese version of Premium Prime?

2. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    One thing to say....

BEST MOVIE PRIME EVER!!!

I just hope they relaunch the same figure in TF2 with the same colors. Man that would rock.

3. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    pics!! I'm not familiar with that figure.

4. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

picture prime only with the gray truck parts chromed out. it looks really good but i already have hasbro's premium prime.... and it would also cost twice as much as an american leader class fig...

5. justinRODimus

6. Ashstar

Ashstar Liberator of Toys

News Credits:
    Is this out already? Have seen the pics for quite a while but never in person.

7. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Pretty cool figure, very tight joints, very cool to look at. Mine had excess flash on one smokestack so I had to take it out and cut it off to sit flush, and has minor difficulty aligning at the front of the cab when transforming.

Other than that, best transforming Prime period.

8. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Where can I get one of these at the lowest price available from a trusted online vendor?

I want a Leader Prime, but sadly, Hasbro's attempt at a "Premium" Leader-Class Optimus Prime really could afford to look MUCH better when placed next to it's fellow Hasbro Premiums, all of which set the example of what a "Premium" figure should be.

Premium figures should have more detail(s) than their previous releases, this is where Hasbro's Premium Leader-Class Optimus Prime fails, and Takara's succeeds -tenfold.

9. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Is it me or are only his feet chromed?

10. justinRODimus

well its his grill thats supposed to be chromed and that just so happens to transform into his feet. i dunno the real names for truck parts but the strip adjacent to the top of the windshield (kinda looks like a trucks unibrow, lol)and the cylinder things in front of the "doors" too, i think it's worth it. if i got it, i would leave it in truck mode because i have hasbro's premium for bot mode and seing as the main part that is chromed is its feet, this will probably lead to chipping.

11. Ashstar

Ashstar Liberator of Toys

News Credits:
    That is... sad. But lemme know when you're ready to let go of him. :D 

12. justinRODimus

AHHH!!! i meant to say chipping, as in the the chrome on takara premium prime (TPP for the sake of this thread) will chip because it will be stood up on its chromed feet. i don't actually have TPP, i have HPP (hasbro premium prime) and i'm just sayin IF i did have TPP, i'd leave him in truck mode to reduce the chrme being chipped. sorry for the mix up!!

13. Chaos Sorcerer

Chaos Sorcerer Well-Known Member

I've got him and yeah, he's absolutely gorgeous. I've ordered some Reprolabels for him too, so once the get here I'll finally have a perfect version of what I think is the best Optimus Prime figure yet made. I've got him in robot mode, and while I can understand the fears of him chipping, I've got mine in a good stable pose on a nice flat surface, so i'm not *too* worried about it. If he was somewhere he'd be scrapping the grill I'm sure it'd chip, but I think so long as you're careful with him he'll be fine.

One thing that is interesting though is that aside from the chrome/slightly different colored plastics and the Premium remolds, he's actually got the same paint job as the 1st run of Hasbro's Prime. Red upper shoulders, blue on the thighs, etc.. not the Hasbro Premium paint with the gold on the lower shoulders and no paint on the legs.

I didn't have any problem with the smokestacks on mine, but I do think he's got a tiny bit of mold degredation.. the flap that covers his right hand in truck mode is *super* loose, but it's also somewhat loose on my Nightwatch Prime too, so i wonder if maybe that piece has just worn out due to how many of the suckers were made. I've noticed on a couple of movie figures that begining to happen (premium Blackout's a bit loose too), so I think the sheer number of guys they made might have just worn the toolings down.

14. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Was released in May.

15. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    It looks absolutely gorgeous, especially with the reprolabels set.
    I do think it looks best displayed in vehicle mode with the other Autobots, that way you don't have to worry about paint chipping either.

If you are gonna pose it in bot mode I recommend putting a soft cloth under his feet.

16. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Best movie Prime for display. Almost all chromed but the smoke stacks.

17. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

I have one on order and I hope it comes in today. The cheapest I think you'll find it is at BBTS

It's not a bad price $79.99, I think it was $84.99 a couple weeks ago. I got mine for $72.99 from another source. I bought the last one sorry. I can't wait for mine to come in. I have all my premiums in boxes and I'll take them out once prime gets here. Reprolabes are ready to go on as well.

I was wondering if the chrome was solid of is it chrome plated plastic?

18. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Before resorting to BBTS, check out fantofan.jp [where I got mine], hlj [probably discontinued] and toy-wave.com

One shipped from all these places will cost a bit less than what BBTS is asking.

The flap that covers the arm is loose on mine as well, but one the left arm. Small quirks aside, this is the best version of the best Prime mould so far.