takara predaking sixshot reissue coming soon

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mac&cheese, Feb 23, 2010.

1. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i was wondering did anyone get new info on those 2 reissues of takara predaking and sixshot yet? i havent seen any preorders yet. anyone know of more? i did see a crap load of sixshots and predakings mib/ misb on ebay lately. too bad when i bought my sixshot on ebay. there was just about none. then after i bought him. then the reissue news came out and a crap load came on ebay. but either way im keeping mine that i bought of sixshot for 200.00 misb takara reissue version. the box was in c8+ condition. which im not taking no chances in trying to find again. but predaking i need him bad misb condition. so anyone have any new preorder info on these? im very curious as to what type of packaging it will be? if its not g1 style. then i will pass on both of them. so im really hoping for orginal g1 style packing.

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think it was set in stone yet? I thought the original poster said someone was trying to generate interest in those 2 reissues. Also, for sure it will be in original packaging because the previous reissues were.

3. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Well given that just about any reissue that is good has been done to death I would say the chances are very good...... I am all for people getting what they want and while I do not care if my original is worth less, others get upset. IMO Takara definitely does not care if it upsets collectors but they do care about selling toys. If enough people want it, it will happen.

4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the only thing about Predaking is nobody purchased it the first time around. Thats why I'm really surprised Takara or hasbro would want to reissue this toy. I remember places like BBTS slashing prices on this reissue. It wasn't as bad as Sky Lynx (Predaking never hit the 20 dollar mark) but it was bad.

5. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

Metroplex was mentioned with them and I know tfsource will be getting those but I haven't seen a listing for the others anywhere

6. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    true, everyone missed out, including me. i just stop collecting at the time. i bet this time people will stock up like a big blizzard is coming at a supermaket. then they will all be worthless like the encore sky lynx.

we need more collectors like you, i cant believe you said that. as a collector myself. i expect nothing to worth much anymore anyways. too many reissues of all rare toy lines. all these are original 70s & 80s packaging too. for example look at the reissues of gi joe, star wars, ninja turtles, transformers g1, power rangers, he man, etc.... so i just collect for myself. who cares what they reissue anymore. the only problem will be my wallet running down in funds. i do hope to meet you someday at a con somewhere. for someone who is so nice in this hobby, i would greatly want to meet and help you get any htf items you may need. youre right takara and other toy companies dont care about collectors. ive seen them reissue things to death to make money. so for now lets just enjoy this great hobby.

7. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I need a modestly priced Sixshot.
    I just bought a KO predaking, but am willing to put it in storage for an official reissue.

i respect collectors who put in the work and $$$$$ to have the old skool classics, but considering my wallet, and the new blood coming in wanting to collect TFs, i see reissues as a good thing.

8. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well thats the thing. you have to collect to have not collect to sell....thats hoarding. lol i am excited for the chance to own those three.

9. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

Either way I just want BOTH really. I never had either as a kid so I couldn't care less if they are reissues cause I just want them no matter what. To own a Predaking and Sixshot WOW that is just awesome anyway.

10. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    yeah, i never had either one when i was a kid. my parents would never buy anything that expensive. i now have sixshot. so now i need predaking.

11. F18Starscream

F18Starscream Commander of the Skies

News Credits:
    You sir are very wise, There are a lot of folks who were not able to pick these two up. I think it's a great idea if it's true, it would give all who didn't get a chance to buy them back then to buy them now. It's fair enough I wouldn't mind a Reissue Predaking to keep him in box, I have the original staring at me as I type this.:cool:  I say bring it!!!

12. chugway

chugway ming mong ping pong

hell, i don't even like the g1 combiners all that much (yeah, yeah, i know) and i'd buy predaking.

mien gott! think of the fansproject stuff!

13. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    is the fansproject stuff, things just made up that never existed? or is it things made that had reflect the actual transformers tv shows?

14. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes and no.

So far, their releases entail:

Classics Cliffjumper upgrade set: add-on parts to help differentiate Classics Cliffjumper from Bumblebee, including a more G1-esque head. Very limited release on that one.

City Commander: This was their first big profile release. Consists of a truck trailer that converts into armor to be used by Hasbro's Classic Ultra Magnus figure. In the original cartoon, Ultra Magnus was formed of a white cab with a blue and red car-carrier trailer, in which the entirety formed a fairly large robot. Toy-wise, G1 Ultra Magnus was a white version of the Optimus Prime figure, and the trailer folded around it like armor. For the Classics line, Ultra Magnus was only released officially as a white recolour of the Classics Optimus Prime figure, without the armor. So City Commander brings the character more in line with how he appeared in the original cartoon, but with more modernized aesthetics to fit in with the rest of the Classics line's aesthetics.

Shadow Commander: a dark recolour of City Commander, to match the SDCC exclusive "Nemesis Prime" repaint of the Classics Optimus Prime mold. While of course based on Ultra Magnus, the "Shadow Commander" version has no analog in official fiction.

Powered Commander: a version of City Commander colour-matched to Optimus Prime, and a reference to the original Japanese "Diaclone" figure that eventually became Ultra Magnus when the toy was licensed for use in Transformers.

Alternators Optimus Prime weapon set: a transforming gas canister that transforms into a large rifle for the Alternators Optimus Prime figure, more resembling the original characters' large rifle, replacing the figure's small pistol. Also comes with a "Matrix of Leadership" accessory that fits inside the toy's chest.

Crossfire 01: An upgrade set intended for the "Revenge of the Fallen" Superion Maximus combiner toy. Not directly influenced by anything in the original Transformers cartoon (except the gun, which somewhat resembles that of Aerialbot Silverbolt), it's purpose is to give the combined figure proper hands and feet, replacing the transforming weapon appendages of the original figure, bringing it closer in line with how the combiner characters appeared in the original cartoon, although due to constraints of the base toy, not actually resembling the original Superion directly. Also has a white "Snowman" recolour, exclusive to online retailer TFSource, which was available over the past Christmas season.

Defender: A completely original figure of their design, based off of the G1 character Springer, designed with modern articulation, and an aesthetic design that allows it to fit in with the modernized Classics (and now Universe, and the upcoming Generations) line.

Crossfire 02: Similar to the previous Superion Maximus upgrade set, it's an add-on designed to bring the RotF Bruticus Maximus toy closer to G1 aesthetics, although this time, more directly influenced by the original character, including two entirely new figures, "Munitioner" and "Explorer" as replacements for the Swindle and Blast-Off figures respectively, and including a new head for the combiner mode that more closely resembles the original Bruticus character.

Protector: not yet released, and nothing of it has been seen for quite awhile, although it's still in the works. An upgrade set for the Classics Rodimus figure, to turn it into "Rodimus Prime", the character as seen in the original 1986 "Transformers: The Movie", as well as the subsequent third season of the original cartoon. Transforms from a camper attachment for the Rodimus sportscar (to make it resemble the original character's "futuristic Winnebago" alt. mode) to armor for the figure, and likely some sort of large gun emplacement or other weapon.

Other items in planning:
    - Glacierbot: an entirely original toy, in the style of the G1 5-man combiner teams, consisting of Ice Age animal robots that transform into robots and can combine into a larger robot.
    - A number of original, Classics-inspired figures. One based on the character Broadside, transforming into a robot, aircraft carrier, and airship. And another based on the G1 "Junkion" characters, particularly Wreck-Gar, that transform into "post-apocalyptic" style motorbikes. Supposed to be able to ride one another in Motorcycle mode, as the Junkion characters were seen doing in Transformers: The Movie.

15. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    wow, thanks for all that info, so it seems that these add on kits are made for the classics & rotf lines mostly? so with the add on kits costing almost 60.00 to 85.00 ea. then the figure itself is around 45.00 to 50.00 for the bigger figures. then we are looking at over one hundred dollars for each figure to display. for example the new superion and bruticus transformers with thier add on kits. each one would be around 100.00 each set. its adding up pretty quick.

16. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

Same with my parents, even though dad had a good job but I still don't have sixshot even after all this time now on my own because of the prices that hes fetchin these days.

17. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I keep hoping preorders for Predaking and Sixshot re-reissues show up on BBTS or one of the online retailers.

18. chugway

chugway ming mong ping pong

I'm hoping glacierbot is a) awesome and b) released - I have an inexplicable weakness for mammoths and sabretooth tigers.

19. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

Any Idea on how much they would each cost?

20. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

Galvatron reissue was like around $60-70 so Sixshot could be in that neighborhood. Predaking, $230-250-ish