Takara please make a unicron masterpiece

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by transform27, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. transform27

transform27 Banned

Does anybody think takara will ever release a real masterpiece unicron in a g1 style box i want one so bad i heard a rumor that unicron will be in the 3rd transformers movie i hope he will be a planet im still waiting for that beast wars neo unicron prototype i wounder if the onwer of that would ever sell it an how much it would be. imagine a robot that stands 22inches tall transforms into a planet that is electronic an the mouth thing moves back an forward using batteries an the giant ring lights up an even has the unicron voice i would pay alot for somthin authentic
    i dont think will ever get one though that crummy cheap armada version dont count thats not unicron cause unicron is a completely round planet

2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    as for the idea of a huge MP unicron? I dunno but I would not pay $500 for one ever even if they dug up Orson wells to sign the box

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2009
  3. transform27

transform27 Banned

I heard that unicron will be in the 3rd transformers movie if this rumor is true i hope we get the toy a giant sized planet i have wanted the real thing since i was like 13yld but that armada version sucks the beast wars neo unicron prototype would have been excellent some say its still out there

4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

500 for a brand new transformer? when i can buy, 6 of those armada unicrons, and still have money left over? lol... *at bbts's prices that is*

no thank you... lol

armada's unicron works just fine for me.

i think the majority of us would rather have instead of a masterpiece unicron, that neo unicron, or something. but that's just what i'd think.

but the unicron we got works just fine for me, it's huge, AND it can hold WSTF megatron in gun mode... lol so what more can you ask for?

so no, i do not want a masterpiece unicron. no thank you. not when there are MANY other characters far more deserving for an update, that have yet to be updated... *i'm looking at brickmaster broadside* :lol 

5. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Dude! Fans rejoiced over that toy!!!

6. Dolza_Khyron

exactly that unicron toy rocks lol! same with that little mini one, the cybertron one lol.

7. transform27

transform27 Banned

aaaaaaah you transfans are killing me lol its not like that im just woundering if any of you think there might possibly be a toy that turns into a completely round planet like the beast wars neo prototyp i heard unicron might be in the third movie coming out an if thast true im woundering if we might get a delux planet figure from takara

8. Dolza_Khyron

i doubt it, not with the economy how it is, toys that large are expensive to produce.

i mean, we are not even getting a FULL transformable devastator, and some how i highly doubt unicron will be in the third movie, or any of the movies. i think hasbro has realized that they have played that angle to death now, and need to come up with a new "plot device" lol

and if you want a completely rounded planet toy, there is, swtf death star, cybertron primus, and plenty of rocklords, all for your enjoyment.

and as awesome as that neo unicron looks, it still looks like nothing more then a giant shell toy.

at least with the unicron we got, he's a lot more complex, with fully functioning fingers and what not.

9. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nobody would really buy (or even afford) a $500 Unicron
    and the Armada Unicron sucks does it?
    you obviously have no idea fans waited for a Unicron figure
    to concluded my rant: No, I don't want any of those things

10. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I don't think a Masterpiece Unicron is necessary, BUT...

I wouldn't mind a PREMIUM Unicron.

Take the Armada Unicron, and completely re-do the paint apps. Get rid of the clear plastic, and spend some time detailing the surface, the ring, the jaws... panel line important details...

Basically, the biggest flaw with Armada Unicron currently is some of his deco is... less than imposing.

11. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Oh god, my eyes hurt from reading those posts.

I wouldn't be able to pay for a MP Unicron, but I think Pole has a very nice idea there.

12. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

I don't see this happening...this isn't Bandai we're talking about here. TakaraTomy is a small player in the toy market in Japan. Takara does not have the engineering resources to create a MP Unicron, imo.

Not that I would complain if it ever came out...because if it did, I would cry tears of joy. To go further still, although flawed in some ways, I think Armada/Universe Unicron is still just all kinds of awesome.

But a MP Unicron? I just don't see it.

13. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So.....I'm guessing you're trying to start a rumour then?:sly: 

14. transform27

transform27 Banned

hmmmm no just hoping oh well the galaxy force primus is a good figure transformers armada was a decent series an so was galaxy force however im still a bigger fan of g1 thats probably why i never but primus even though the figure itself is SICK! i would only be intrested in the japanese version way to expensive an hard to find in that cool g1 style box

15. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    It will never happen. My son has enough trouble holding up the larger star wars vehicles let alone a huge ass planet.

I wouldn't mind seeing a cybertron play set. It could be a non transforming sphere with cut away sections containing some of the more famous parts like
    the plasma energy chamber or vector sigma etc.

16. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Playset sections of the planet big enough for Legends figures that you collect and they all lock together to create a huge spherical playset. :) 

17. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok..... So who said anything about a MP Unicron would be o big??? So far outside of Primec/Convoy and Megatron, the MP's haven't been that big. A MP Unicron could very well just be a little larger than Prime or Megs. I wouldn't count this completely, they said we'd never get Megatron or Grimlock either, especially Grimlock because the dinobots weren't all that popular in japan. And honestly, I can see them making one, they made 3 tv shows around unicron over there...

18. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Do you want a MP Unicron? or a Movie Unicron? As they would not look the same if Bay has his way?

19. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Armada Unicron is a brilliant figure imo. If Hasbro would be willing to make a few small changes such as, a slight remold and recoloring of the planet halves and rings, recoloring all the clear and translucent plastic; including the stomach, waist and chest pieces, possibly making the planet rings fit the mini-con ports on his shoulders for authenticity, and finally for G1 accuracy some sort of collar that wouldn't effect transformation. The collar would be just gravy, and the least possible out of all these.

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Is a Unicron MP really necessary? I mean, we got the Armada version, and he's already around the same height as other Masterpieces, like Optimus Prime. He's the biggest Hasbro could get away with selling to kids, and they are not going to make an even bigger version just for collectors. It wouldn't fit through most doors probably.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.