Takara New Star Wars Vs Transformers Vader's Tie Advanced X1

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Oct 2, 2017.

1. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That line seemed to ride heavily on the license, truth be told. The quality overall was lacking... Save for a few figures, the bot modes we're just whipped up quickly, leading to awkward articulation or forms. The Marvel crossovers seemed MUCH better.

Clone Commander Cody, the Planet Former Vader are like, the only two figures I felt were decent.

This proto looks much better than all the older offerings. Wouldn't mind these figures... If at their worst for custom fodder. (maybe transector bodies?)

Surprised it took Hasbro and Disney this long to get a new deal for these going... Hope we see Marvel ones too!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Louise Belcher

Louise Belcher Autobot loves Android

And no hollow limbs:D !

I am not a SW fan, but I sure do love their designs and Darth Vader have not being yet "oversaturated" like poor stormtroopers and it got miniature figures^^, yay. I am not sure if I end buying it as it's not on my top priority (not SW fan), but it would be nice to have. I'd like to see them doing something with Asajj Ventress, my favorite character desgin in SW and one of my favorite character designs ever in general; being badass, feminine and modest which is really rare.

3. CobraKai

CobraKai Member

Now, if they can pigeon hole a transforming Tie Advance into the Star Wars canon, it would “Han”s down be my favorite SW movie.

4. iamdarthyoshi

iamdarthyoshi Member

Action Fleet was my all-time favorite growing up, so I had a soft spot for SW transformers (at least the early ones with minifigures). I still keep the Millennium Falcon on display! I'll most likely get this, and am curious to see what other vehicles they'll do with better proportions.

5. Lord Megatron 7

Lord Megatron 7 Emperor of Destruction TFW2005 Supporter

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I wish i had the Deathstar this is great as well!

6. spartan 3764

spartan 3764 Yellow ♡ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I really hope this turns into a full blown line so I can collect Star Wars characters and Star Wars vehicles at the same time.
    I could literally just display this in vehicle mode and no one would be the wiser. Hope we get another Darth Star and Falcon, as well as nex trilogy characters.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mcart

mcart Lighter shade of dork

News Credits:
    Darth Star, love it!

I loved these first time round but these look soooooooooooo much better!

8. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool. But March 2018 gives me a lot of time to decide. I do hope there are more in this series coming. The original SWTF were pretty bad, but I really really wanted to like them.

9. gabumon

gabumon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We have the Death Star, Falcon and I think the Yoda SWTF.... all found at thrift stores for <$5. (I think I may have sold off Yoda he had a missing arm) These three are pretty great though I can't believe they used Gold Plastic on Chewbacca (part of the falcon).... definitely suffering from GPS. :( 

As said by all else I hope they pick this up with vigor. Give us new trilogy characters! Rey that transforms to that orange speeder thingy? and Finn that transforms into.. ? a Tie fighter? and Kylo Ren that transforms into his SW7 Shuttle or his new thing. C'mon Hasbro!

10. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

I sincerely hope they do a better job with this line than the ones I ran into last time.

11. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

The Force is pure energy. Midi-Chlorians are no longer Canon as of Disney's purchase of Lucasfilm, and the "Force Gods" you mentioned are The Ones; they aren't gods, but they were incredibly powerful Force-users. There are very few beings in the Star Wars galaxy with the ability to warp reality like they could. Meanwhile, just about every other episode of Star Trek has some sort of spatial anomaly created by some higher-dimensional being that treats lower-dimensional life like it's own personal lab rats.

12. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Do want.jpg

Tsk tsk. Multiple Ewoks with chewie as the torso :cool: 

1b7a57bc05a855fac51a08aac9291bd7.jpg

Funny because I get way more into the story and cannons and all that shit in trek than I do with starwars or tfs. Yet, I have 0 trek toys lol but I'm waiting for a sick tricorder. They have some nice custom ones on ebay, but I ain't busting out 600 bones for one.

(How is everybody liking Discovery? If it's not cool to talk about on here you can msg me)

I like starwars alright but am more into the toys. I have a modest collection, nowhere near the amount of tfs I have.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Personally I like both Star Wars and Star Trek. Never understood the animosity among fans.
    However considering Star Trek has already done comic crossovers with both Marvel's X-Men and Doctor Who, Gobots wouldn't phase me much.

• Like Like x 2
  14. AspiringCreator

AspiringCreator Active Member

Oh most definitely, this is basically showing everything the Crossovers line should\'ve been. It ditches the obsession over trying to preserve a character\'s likeness and actually tries to properly blend it with the vehicle and what it results in is what I wanted, that being a mecha version of a Star Wars character, not a Star Wars character with some vehicle crap stuck to them.

• Like Like x 2
  15. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer I rise, you fall

News Credits:
    Midichlorians are very much canon. Qui Gon explicitly talks about them in episode 1.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Pre-ordered, I like the look of this one a lot.

I hope we get pictures of a painted prototype in robot mode soon, I wonder how the colors will come together. Most of the vehicle stuff will be gray of course, but I wonder if they can paint the robot parts black without it affecting the vehicle mode too much.

17. Prime Aspect

Prime Aspect Visual Synthesis Engineer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kinda wish these were Titan Masters. I would love an Anakin Skywalker that transforms into the head of a Darth Vader mech.

• Like Like x 2
  18. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah medichlorians are still canon until disney remakes episode 1. The universe is a big ass place with alot we don't know. So yes I think the existence of higher dimensional beings is fully plausible and about as alien of a concept that there can be.

19. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

Right with you, it was dumb the first time and fails as both a Stw Wars and A transformers toy ...maybe I lack imagination (HA!!) but I just cant see how to fit this in and or play with it and have been collecting Stw Wars since the start and although ive just got back into transformer my hearts always been with yall and I have just never been feeling these on any level.

• Like Like x 1
  20. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Transformers will now witness the might of the Galactic Empire

• Like Like x 1