Takara MPM-2 Bumblebee: wow!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megatroptimus, Mar 20, 2012.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I found a MISB MPM-2 last week and wow, what a difference a good paint job can make! There are so many more paint apps on that thing (well, it's almost entirely painted) that it would take me too long to list them all.

Just from the start, all the yellow plastic on the original is now painted on MPM-2. Also not quite visible in the previously seen pictures are dark grey metallic paint apps. The grey is not just grey! Even the backside of the doors is painted. The chrome rims, clear red brake lights (I think the entire rear section was molded in clear plastic then painted all over) and the clear hand look particularly good to me. The right arm articulation may not be the best but this is by far the best movie Bumblebee to me. Loaded with gimmicks, wicked transformation, looks fantastic in all 4 modes. Can't ask for more. Pictures don't do justice, but here's MPM-2 with my slightly customized regular BB.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, those are the parts that stick out to me, too.

Sometimes I think there should be an all-encompassing "The Takara Version is Better" thread, for as often as it happens.

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well, there's always the Costco Battle Ops Bee which unless I'm mistaken is of the same mold, but with shiny gold metallic paint & same level of detail as the Takara one.

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, it's not the same level of detail. Just gold paint on the yellow, and a chrome ring on his cannon barrel, and a clear hand, instead of blue. Otherwise, it's the same as the regular release.

5. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't call it the same as the original release.

But yes, it does have fewer details than Takara's MMP.

I have both. Oddly enough I actually prefer the Costco gold. Gold is just such a great color for movie BB. I've got the Lawsons BB from the first movie, and again that gold paint just does something really special.

6. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, I feel the same way as soon as I got it I knew it was money well spent. I love mine!

[​IMG]

7. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I went with the costco version also. Might not have all the detailing of MPM-2 but I love the metallic gold flake and the chromed gun. The only movie BB I need to own.

8. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    I have the TakaraTomy one and I was amazed at the amount of paint. As pointed out all the yellow is paint.

Randy

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    The painted left hand sealed the deal for me.