Takara MP Starscream release date changed on HLJ

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Noisemaze2006, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I was just looking at my orders on HLJ & noticed they changed a couple things. Encore Convoy changed from "August release" to "Future release" & the USA version MP Starscream changed from "Nov release" to "Jan release". We have to wait til January to get cleanscream??? :banghead: 

edit: WHOA WTF???? Encore Convoy is already listed as Discontinued! What's that about?

Encore Starscream is IN STOCK.
    Encore Soundwave ORDER STOP
    Encore megatron ORDER STOP
    Encore Convoy DISCONTINUED

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  3. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's called brilliant marketing by Takara. If you discontinue something a week after it's release(or before in some cases), then people will jump right back in line again to buy your next re-package!

Or something like that.

4. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Scalpers must love this!!! Pre-order a ton of these knowing Takara will discontinue the item before it's even released. Anybody that wants one will be forced to shop on Ebay & pay double or triple. Doesn't Takara lose money this way? They could be making all the extra money the Ebay scalpers will make.

I dunno, but it seems like the companies these days are feeding scalpers instead of trying to stop them. Botcon= free income for scalpers! They're practically handing scalpers hundreds of dollars on each exclusive. Feeding them while the collectors want to get rid of them.

That's the way I see it anyway.

5. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Major online shops in Japan (like TRU or amazon) are still taking orders for all Encore items. I don't think it's "discontinued"?

6. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's not that Takara is "discontinuing" them, per se. Takara made what Takara was going to make, period. What it means, is that Takara has sold them all out to the wholesalers, distributors, and retailers who send them on their way to the end retailers and customers, and HLJ therefore cannot place an order with Takara to get more.

So, more of a "production is discontinued at this time" than "there will never be more"...maybe that better explains their classification.

7. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Now it says

Starscream IN STOCK
    Soundwave AUG. RESTOCK
    Megatron AUG. RESTOCK
    Convoy DISCONTINUED :eek: 

How weird!