Takara MP-13 Soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Acesan, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    My Soundwave has a bit chrome wear too =(

2. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    He can only hold one cassette at a time, right?

3. RandomGuy

RandomGuy Well-Known Member

Up to three cassettes can be stored at once. There's a lever on his back that, when held down, allows you to push the back wall of the tape compartment back.

When the back wall is locked in place, pressing the lever down advances it via a spring loaded mechanism.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Three. Push in the tape "backdoor" twice. To push it out, press the release button on his back. There's a diagram in the instructions about it.

5. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I reeeeeeally don't recommend loading more than 1 cassette, though. Unlike G1 Soundwave, MP Soundwave doesn't have anything holding the cassette onto the opening part of the chest plate. If your cassette is anything but perfectly transformed, or even slightly misaligned, getting it out will give you a heart attack. The fit is so tight, it's hard to get any leverage to pry it out, and you can't exactly push it out from the back. The problem is only worse if the cassette you can't pry out is all the way at the back.

6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Generally, the gimmick functions just fine as long as you remember to tilt Soundwave ever so slightly forward as you're ejecting, just to make sure the tape falls onto the door, rather than trying to tip back into the chest, where it'll likely jam.

Be even more cautious around Frenzy and Rumble. In my experience, neither ejects cleanly. Their tape mode seems a fraction of a millimetre taller than the others, which is just barely enough to catch on the upper lip of Soundwave's compartment most of the time. Usually, it's just a matter of manually flicking them out the rest of the way, as they get stuck in a half-way position, but you could easily screw up and knock them back in at a funny angle if you're not paying attention.

7. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Had a look at mine the other day and noticed chromewear too which is odd as I've only transformed it twice and touched it not much else. The wear is very minor but it's there. Is it a chemical reaction with the air or something? Not too bothered, just interested.

8. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    It's strange how the chrome just sort of evaporates.
    I just transformed my Hasbro MP Rodimus over the weekend and his chrome hasn't degraded at all, and you actually have to touch those chromed pieces quite a lot during transformation.

9. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    The answer to all the chrome issues:

[​IMG]

10. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    First MP for me in a while.

[​IMG]

Don't feel like spending the money on the other MP minions, so Universe Ravage and United Rumble and Frenzy will join Soundwave instead.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bartheda

Bartheda New Member

Just got mine today, and I noticed he has a slight backwards lean to him. He's so new I am afraid to really move his hips forward a little bit the way you would take a step forwards. Can anyone please let this new fish know if his legs bend forward just under the ball hip joint. It looks like they do but so far they won't budge.
    Thanks
    Bart

12. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's caused by the ankles
    Don't be afraid to move them, he comes packed with his feet an a slight angle that requires you to grab the foot and adjust.

It's tight at first so don't be afraid.

Look at the back of the foot and line up the part connecting them to the leg. It should be creating a sharp block and not be deviating from the square shape.

Hard to explain in words...

Just make sure the back of the foot looks all lines up and creates 90 degree angles and your feet should stop making that lean back affect go away.

13. Bartheda

Bartheda New Member

Thanks I will try that.

14. FishHeadSoup

FishHeadSoup bikini bottom

just received mine today. having the same concern regarding the leg ball joint too. too afraid that it will snap when i try to bend his leg forward.

15. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

They won't. I have him and SoundBlaster and have posed them both a million times. Haven't seen any reports of breakage on that joint. The main thing to look out for are the panels on the sides of his legs. The plastic around those pins becomes stressed and cracks easily.

16. quantumhawk

quantumhawk Retired Allspark Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had the same issue and realized the ball joint and leg were rotated the wrong way. Look up some pics/video to see how people are posing him.

17. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I see that all the time, too. Some guys do it by accident and some on purpose, saying it looks better to their eye that way. That slot at the top of the thigh is designed to face forward for proper articulation and is stylistically G1 accurate as well.

18. RotorstormNZ

RotorstormNZ Well-Known Member

Hi team,
    I'm about to get a second run TT MP-13 (my first Masterpiece) - what potential issues have been noted from this run which I should look out for?

19. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

I had both runs and noticed no real differences. My second run had a looser elbow and slightly more glittery eyes. The only differences I saw.

20. timcourtois

timcourtois Well-Known Member

Thread resurrection here!

I finally got around to trying to paint soundwave's visor red. I got his head apart, but can't get the chrome/translucent parts off the peg that hold them inside SW's head. I'm afraid they're going to break. Has anyone successfully worked through this difficulty? Any suggestions?