Takara MP-11 Masterpiece Starscream Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by EmGo316, Apr 28, 2012.

1. EmGo316

EmGo316 Freakin' Geek

News Credits:
  2. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice! I will have to watch this later tonight, I really enjoy your reviews man. I love mine I think he is great, haven't put him down in the last week I have had him.

3. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

I also think this figure is a vast improvement - and always love your reviews, man :) 

4. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Great review! I love my MP11 to death, best Starscream toy ever!

5. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    FINALLY!!!! A proper review for this. And done by the great Emgo, an added plus. Great review dude, pretty much made me go order it in the middle of the reivew.

6. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Been waiting for what feels like forever for a proper video review of this figure, so thank you VERY much!

7. Wallas

Wallas The Polish Toy Guy

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Good review except for one annoying detail: MP-11 is not a retool of MP-03 like you suggest a lot saying what they improved from MP-03. Actually it's the other way around and MP-11 was the first attempt that got later refined by Shoji Kawamori into MP-03 version (that's why the coronation pack is "backward" compatible with the "old" seeker mold).

This picture was shown some half a year before MP-03 was released:
    [​IMG]

So it's clear that TakaraTomy serves us now what was actually their first attempt at an MP Seeker with only some very minor modifications.

Just saying it's worth to sometimes make a bit research before a review because the details make it a much better screening for those who pay attention.

8. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those are all fair points and everything, but are ultimately irrelevant since Takara never released that version. So as far as most people are concerned - aka all the people who own some variant of the MP-03 mold - MP-11 is indeed a retool by comparison. It doesn't matter if there was some unreleased original mock-up design first, the revised MP-03 design is what got released to the masses and now the revised MP-11 design is getting released to the masses. That means EmGo's information is accurate and perfectly acceptable.

9. EmGo316

EmGo316 Freakin' Geek

News Credits:
    They still had to retool it... no heel spurs ;) 

10. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I hope there is a us release. It probably going to be a wal mart exclusive like previous seeker mold.

11. Wallas

Wallas The Polish Toy Guy

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Personally I'd preffer it to be a TRU exclusive since we now have these at my place and this would give me a chance to get one. We'll just have to see. Seeing Hasbro's pace of rereleasing MPs there's at least a year before this will be likely something to pay mind to.

12. blurrprime

blurrprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  13. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  14. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I always feel compelled to point out that the intakes of a "standard" F-15 *are* incredibly boxy and flat-sided. They're not curved/bulged on the sides at all in the normal configuration. MP-03 may have a more realistic aft belly mainly due to the curved knees and feet, but the sides of the fuselage are equally accurate between the two molds--they're simply representing an F-15 with(MP-03) and without(MP-11) the CFT's. (the forward belly is almost identical and equally not-an-F-15 between the two MP molds---there's the back of the robot head, the ab pieces, the forearms, then the waist)

In short--the "accuracy" of MP-03 is over-rated IMHO. It's simply a *different* F-15 than MP-11 is, with better feet/knees. It's not like "everything below the wings" is better.

PS---this is not a rant against peaugh or anything (he's by far my fave reviewer) it's just kind of a summary "vent" against most every MP-11 review out there that says "MP-03 was a way better jet mode". It was mostly just *different*, and slightly more realistic in one area (that one area NOT being the sides of the jet).

[​IMG]

15. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Oh, I much prefer the look of MP-11, it's just that "Let's make him look more like a realistic jet!" was always the reason listed for why the prototype was changed.

16. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Yet all it really did was add a bunch of hip and intake kibble to make it into a *different* F-15, not a *more accurate* F-15. :p 

(I think Shoji Kawamori just really really wanted to add FAST packs onto an F-15 toy, like he has for years on his Macross jets, and this was his chance--and he cited "more accuracy" as the reason for the changes despite it not really being true)

17. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I get wanting to hide the robot bits a little better, but MP-11 really is just great.

18. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    nice review,i really like him..went to check online and tfsource has him for 360$ !!!seriously wtf ....

19. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Wait, what?

EDIT: Ah, I see. Yeah, the regular one is out of stock, the one you're seeing at that price is an AFA graded piece. I think the ungraded ones ran around the normal price of $150ish.

EDIT #2: Yeah, $159.95. http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/3107/

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  20. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    its an afa graded that is almost 400, which that whole idea for that figure in a solid box is just stupid.