Takara Legends LG-44 / 45 / 46 news

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Apr 5, 2017.

1. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Goodness... I never noticed the newly resculpted arms. HUGE improvement over the Hasbro version... Between the new colors, and this... I'm interested! Still like my Generations Kup with the iGear IDW-styled head but... yea... now I'm interested in the TR figure.

• Like Like x 2
  2. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

Dammit, it's TRUE :lol 

Dammit It's True.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure they were going for the cartoon look with the TR version...

• Like Like x 2
  4. spartan 3764

spartan 3764 Butthole Sniffin' Adventure! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow Kup is dead ringer. Ultra Magnus though... :lol  wot.

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Need a younger McMahon picture... From the same era as the Carson photo. Then we'll see ;) 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, probably. I just saw it differently because of the rifle slanting my perspective a bit.
    No big deal. It's a really good figure, so I'm not bothered by any influences that may have gone into the design.

7. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    How is Perecptor's face IDW? While the rest of the toy is obviously based on the IDW character (although Perceptor is one of the character's with the least different bodies between incarnations), IDW Perceptor's face has a pretty distinctive feature that's not present on the toy.

8. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Wow, TAKARA saves the day again. (in my opinion at least)

Just went and pre-ordered!

9. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    If IGear still existed I'd be petitioning to give us a Cy-gar smoking faceplate for TR/ Legends Kup.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    I get what you are saying but he doesnt look much like his IDW interpretation either honestly he is much leaner and not as blocky. The TR design is very g1 esque and the head is kind of somewhere in between to me. I dont actually understand the faceplate thing, wasnt that a hold over from the original g1 toys being designed as something else than being transplanted as transformers in the US?

here is IDW perceptor
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017 at 11:03 AM
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Gotcha. Makes more sense now.

12. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

I wasn't into paying more during the Henkel days, but since CW Defensor I've learned and decided to wait out Takara. I wished I waited them out on Superion and Menasor, but having already bought the Hasbro ones and once the original two members were released (mind you with some parts swapping for actual accuracy sakes, losing all the excess red on Wildrider and black on Slingshot) I was fine with the Hasbro ones. But Defensor with a Swat Tank was a no no for me. Same with Jet Man on Hasbros Bruticus, Shuttle Man was who I wanted, plus the cartoon based deco was a win. Then in saw all the retooling Takara stared doing with them and the fact they made two whole new molds available to give G1 fans their complete sets, I was in.

Once TR was revealed and I saw some I could live with from Hasbro, I knew I'd wait Takara out for Blurr and Wheelie, and I wasn't disappointed. I haven't seen a Hasbro Kup in store, but once revealed I knew I'd once again wait Takara out...again...happy.

I love the option to wait now, with retooling and G1 toon based paint on some where in feel the Hasbro didn't cut it. I can justify the price of a handful of Takara's figures mixed in for the benefit of my enjoyment and my shelves.

• Like Like x 2
  13. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Random thought:

Do you think somewhere in Japan is a clueless Transformer fan who imports Hasbro figures?

lol.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    yeah deco differences have sometimes been hit or miss but since they started retooling molds slightly it really is worth it to atleast see what they end up doing.

15. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Yeah, didn't mean to pick you apart but there have been a bunch of people complaining about the IDW headsculpt on the figure and I've been straight up mystified by these inexplicable claims.

• Like Like x 2
  16. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

Here's a quick question. Does anyone think TT will release the Decepticon target masters, and if so will they use the Top spin/Twin Twist molds for any of them? I'm terrible with their names, but the Pink guy looks like the jump starter mold might suit him a little better. I'm fine with the one we've already gotten ( I don't think he comes with a target master. I haven't opened mine yet and it's packed away), but TT might retool some of the target masters from these two and give us three more great looking figures. I'd be into that.

17. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If takara does misfire they are more likely to use the one made from the triggerhappy mold, maybe with variations, that we are getting

18. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    Nah, I'm sure there are plenty of people who import them. If you look at Red Mercury, they sell most Hasbro based Transformers (having them in stock often before people are able to find them in the USA). But I'm sure people are interested in them in Japan for the various different interpretations just like people outside of Japan are interested in TakaraTomy's versions.

Randy

19. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    There are some completists out there who want it all, I'm sure. And, considering some of the figures are toy accurate, I'm sure there are some who desire the few that are toy deco'ed. And Japan usually doesn't get ALL the figures released over here, either. I'd be surprised if they get Sky Shadow.

• Like Like x 2
  20. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    They assuredly use the same base figure for Misfire as Hasbro did, if they release him (which I think is very likely).

I'm hoping all 3 Decepticon Target Masters are released at the same time in Japan, with each coming with a Target Masters partner similar to Hot Rod and Kup here.

Randy

• Like Like x 2