Takara Legends LG-26 Scourge

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Murasame, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Details can probably be taken from the Titans Return Scourge Thread:
    Titans Return Deluxe Scourge (1)

The same I said about Blurr, can be said about Scourge:
    He's an awesome figure. He looks nice in both modes and has, as usual for Takara, great paint apps. Transformation is intuitive and articulation is decent. Overall a nice action figure.

In comparison he's a little taller than his former United Scourge incarnation. Which is good, because I wanted him to be the leader of the Sweeps (the real Scourge) and the Generations and United version respectively as the Sweeps.

While the paint apps on his wings kinda evoke his bat wings look and definitely look better than his Titans Return version, the old mold sort of did it better, with his opening wings that gave him a little broader wings. But both molds definitely are flawed with their wing design, but the mold at least had the excuse of being a present day alt mode instead of a futuristic flying thing.

His alt mode definitely is the better mode, as it is nearly flawless in this one, but his bot mode still rocks with his definite G1 look (only wings could have been better). Of course the arms behind his head make his head a little wide, but being white at least they give it a little more of a smaller impression than his Titans Return counterpart. I just wish he had painted claw nails like the old mold had.

Here come the pictures!

Comparison United Scourge Vs. Legends Scourge:
    IMG_20160914_181811.jpg

Scourge leading his Sweeps into battle while being used as cannon fodder by Cyclonus who himself was commanded by their master Galvatron to attack the whiny Autobots (business as usual):
    IMG_20160914_183524.jpg

Ah yes, I nearly forgot: His cannon sucks. I hate those guns with seats. It's obvious their prime objective seems to be saving plastic and the play feature is an afterthought. I need something as a replacement (and maybe also better wings... *wink* *addonkit wish list*).

2. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does he have the head issues that TR Scourge/Highbrow suffers from?

3. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    What issues are that? Since Galvatron I put all the headmasters head's pointing forward to the transtector's chest (i.e. making the headmaster face backwards) and so far I have not encountered any problems.

4. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    OK, I just took him in hand again and noticed that with Scourge you need to have the headmaster's head face to his own chest instead of the other side around, or he will be a little loose. Faced in the right direction it's a good and firm connection, but you can still get him out easily, if needed.

5. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Scourge the Tracker and his Huntsmen the Sweeps:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. FortMax123

FortMax123 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So basically, Takara solved the bobblehead problem?