Takara Jetwing Prime vs. Takara Buster/Jetfire 2 Pack Combo - who stands, who falls?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lohan, Jul 22, 2011.

1. lohan

lohan Member

This is definitely a question that has to be asked since both figures are awesomely imposing and although it is a question of personal taste which can't be finally answered I would like to know what you think? Which figure takes the cake and why?

In my view Jetwing just marks the spot of a "maximum-badass-look", it just doesn't get any better........oh wait.....there is indeed just one aspect that could have been done a lot better and curiously Takara already did it that much better before so there is really no good reason they didn't do it this time. WHY DID JETWING PRIME NOT GET THE BUSTER PRIME PAINT JOB?

Still, in the end I think Jetwing wins!

2. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Double dip. Simple as that.

3. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    For the price? The 2-pack wins, easily. Yeah, the combined mode isn't as impressive as the jetpack, but if you mess with panels it can still look badass. And you get two figures with extremely good premium paintjobs! What do you get with Jetwing? A remolded leader OP and a fancy, overpriced accessory. If it had been closer to $100, it wouldn't have been a problem, but it's really not worth the insanely hefty pricetag, IMO.

4. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    Buster + Jetfire wins. The Jetwing Prime is too over priced, as stated above it should be $100. I also like the fact the Jetfire adds to the legs.

5. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    While the buster paint jobs take the cake in the nitty gritty aspect, I really think Jetwing is the ultimate combo for impressiveness. I have a Buster Prime and US Jetfire, and my Jetwing Prime will be arriving today. Buster prime is so fancy i just dont want to touch him. After transforming him a few times his paint has started to wear in places. Don't get me wrong he looks fantastic, but Jetwing will actually be play-with-able.

Aside from that, the Combo modes for both are also great. However the Powered Up Optimus, even with heavy tweaking to make him look great, cant stand up to the fully envisioned addon for Jetwing. I do with jetwing had some sort of foot/leg armor but the Jetfire stuff (even the fan modes) are kinda crappy. I ended up making my own custom pieces for Power Up Optimus' legs and I will most likley do the same for Jetwing.

In the end, I have already minimally painted an ROTF Optimus and he looks great, not nearly as great as the MP Grade Buster Prime, but well enough for my tastes. I will be painting my jetwing with the main blue, silver, and red accents he and ROTF prime were missing and he should be good to go.

Both are fantastic Mega Figures but personally I like the Jetwing desgined addon the best.

6. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    2-Pack version of Buster Prime - hands down. The paint job, the face plate, the insane detail & accuracy... it's a work of art. It still blows my mind that THE most definitive version of movie Prime A) hasn't been released in North America, and B) is relegated to being apart of a 2-pack import.

7. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    I really don't think they will double dip with Jetwing, he is expensive enough. We know there is another DOTM Leader Prime coming in Japan that may or may not have the detailing though, which would really be a smack in the face.